[Hossin] Map of the facilities and points of interest on Hossin - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's Hamma time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-04, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
shaql
Private

Re: [Hossin] Map of the facilities and points of interest on Hossin

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
no, not "10,000 ft"...

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
So where did this come from, game files?
yup, HossinAreas.xml . A bit later I'll work on tidying up my maps and releasing them

concerning the shape, well, I don't have the terrain data. And you've seen an early Searhus, similar to the one in PS1 - it's not square: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...searhus.80177/
Old 2013-05-04, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Root Hade View Post
Plus they'd need to give boats/amphibious vehicles to TR and NC because the Magrider floats, but if that really holds them back I don't think people would mind that feature being delayed.
Or Submarines that transform into Amphibious Walking Weapon Platforms...

...I call them ABFRs!
Old 2013-05-04, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Assist
Contributor
Major

Going to go ahead and assume the Angel is one of the large flying capitol ships. Probably the NC one. TR version was the Bastion, which is supposed to be an aircraft carrier / offensive vehicle it sounds like, safe to assume it can spawn air units. Assuming something like that would have more than one set of flares. The VS one could be the referenced BattleCruiser, perhaps more heavily armored than TR but not as much offensive firepower, and the ability to spawn ground units and resupply air units? Maybe the NC Angel is more of a tanky type one, with really heavy armor, and heavy firepower, but only the ability to spawn infantry. Maybe provides an infantry buff for any units in/around it.
Lots of possibilities!

It could possibly be a medical/support helicopter though, but I think we'd see more than a name if that were the case.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
shaql
Private

hm. I think it could be possible to chek your theory, Assist - by checking the Flare FX and comparing them to other aircraft, especially the size. I'll look into it later.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Going to go ahead and assume the Angel is one of the large flying capitol ships. Probably the NC one. TR version was the Bastion, which is supposed to be an aircraft carrier / offensive vehicle it sounds like, safe to assume it can spawn air units. Assuming something like that would have more than one set of flares. The VS one could be the referenced BattleCruiser, perhaps more heavily armored than TR but not as much offensive firepower, and the ability to spawn ground units and resupply air units? Maybe the NC Angel is more of a tanky type one, with really heavy armor, and heavy firepower, but only the ability to spawn infantry. Maybe provides an infantry buff for any units in/around it.
Lots of possibilities!

It could possibly be a medical/support helicopter though, but I think we'd see more than a name if that were the case.
Hossin is a swamp continent, Angel flares is swamp gas igniting

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-04 at 04:26 PM.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Lots of possibilities!

If that's the case and it's called the Angel, I'd be somewhat disappointed. I always had the image that if capitol airships were going to be added (in 2019 or Planetside 3 ), then the NC's ship would be called the 'Libertas' or something. Much better sounding name and ties in with their whole freedom belief.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion