AGN: ReachCast Community Question #76 - Do the new Sniper Rifles make the old ones useless - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We see your stuff!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-10, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Deringer
ReachCast Show

Question ReachCast Community Question #76 - Do the new Sniper Rifles make the old ones useless

This week's ReachCast Community question is ...

"Do you think the new empire specific sniper rifles make the original sniper rifles feel useless?"

As always, respond here or e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at (415)787-3224!
Old 2014-03-10, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mustarde
Private

Re: ReachCast Community Question #76 - Do the new Sniper Rifles make the old ones use

Speaking for TR, definitely not. The TRAP is more of a scout rifle, and does not replace or even compete with bolt action rifles. And within the scout rifle category, it sits about even with the vandal, empire specific scout (Hsr-1) and semi auto snipers (99SV and KSR-35).

The rail jack certainly does not replace traditional bolt actions, but some players may get used to, and prefer the charge up delay.

The phaseshift is both a semi auto and bolt action, but does not exceed either weapon dedicated to that role.

Overall these weapons make for an interesting addition to the infiltrator arsenal without being overpowered or replacing existing weapons. I do think there could be small adjustments to various stats over time for balance but right now I think SOE did a good job creating and rolling out something different for us. Afterall, infiltrators have been stuck with re skinned versions of identical weapons for almost every weapon we have. A little faction flavor is a breath of fresh air.
Old 2014-03-11, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: ReachCast Community Question #76 - Do the new Sniper Rifles make the old ones use

hahaha! The Railjack certainly does not make the Longshot useless and the only reason I am continuing using the Railjack is to get the various medals. Once I've got those out of the way (767 kills to go so that'll take some time) I'll go back to the Longshot for distance work and SAS-R for close up.

What I am finding is that I have to be a lot more choosey about my targets, although I am still able to fluke the odd moving target here and there. I can't be absolutely sure but I feel that I am able to hit the more wiley/cautious target that are quickly popping their heads up above the parapet. I miss a lot of those shots with the Railjack.
Old 2014-03-11, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Selerox
Sergeant

Exclamation Re: ReachCast Community Question #76 - Do the new Sniper Rifles make the old ones use

I don't know a single VS sniper that would touch the Phaseshift even if you paid them.
Old 2014-03-13, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Illtempered
First Sergeant

The new sniper rifles are a cheap cash-grab that most of us see through. Do you honestly expect some of us to pay for new weapons that we know will be entirely different in a couple months? I mean, if it were some superOP new toy then I might just have to try it, but until then I'll just keep using the V10.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion