Implant ideas for the dev team. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We care a lot... Really, we do.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-15, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

Re: Implant ideas for the dev team.

Interesting take.

I see implants as fleshing out specific roles not yet covered by the classes, given an optimal implementation. Although I'm sure it will be less than optimal.

Anyway stuff like:
Darklight creating specialized infiltrator hunters.
Or a new spotting system specifically designed to support vehicle users.
Old 2013-06-17, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Lucidius
Private

Originally Posted by Ohaunlaim View Post
Lucidius, Were you quoting the portion you agreed with? Or did you agree with the first portion of what you quoted but not the other half of the quote? I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure where you agree/disagree.
It was kinda vague on my behalf lol. I figured, 4 separations in text + first half/last half made sense but it's kinda vague. The last 2 lines. Why, i'll get to that below:

Originally Posted by Ohaunlaim View Post
4. I went back and decided, for the sake of having more implants, that I might have to blur class lines anyway. But! I realized there were already blurry lines in game. (ie. healing- with the medic's tool, medic radial heal ability, 2 different universal med packs, and the bio-lab benefit.) So, If I stayed within the blur already there (just adding a different shade to it), then perhaps we could live with that.

4.5 Unsaid is that, where there are no blurry lines, we should try to avoid adding them. The other stuff is already messed up and, no matter how much I wish they would, the devs are pretty darn unlikely to start removing things from the game in order to "clean it up".
There are already some parts that are blurred. Some of the stuff suggested or that makes sense would be more applicable as a suit slot. I wish they would clean it up because it's a pretty silly system in its current state but as you said, that won't happen.

Anywho, my only gripe with hp regen implants is that at the moment the only thing balancing out these medkits are that you can't take stuff like AT mines, Ammo Boxes, AI mines or C4.

That's just my opinion on it though.
Old 2014-05-20, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
AlanKalane
Private

Re: Implant ideas for the dev team::Vehicle Weakspot Scanner.

Vehicle Weakspot Scanner
-Marks weakspots on a spotted vehicle. If a player who is using Vehicle Weakspot Scanner hits a weakspot with any kind of weapon, then the projectile deals critical damage to the vehicle based on the type of weapon used(small arms deal low damage while heavy arms deal significant damage) and also have a chance of inflicting the following effects:
-immobilized (can't move) if the hit occured near the engine or tracks
-disarmed (can't shoot) if the hit occured on a vehicle's weapon (applies to all weapons independently)
-broken optics (the pilot/gunner looses their HUD) if the weapon hits nearly the optics on the turret
-ablaze (the vehicle slowly looses its health,can be destroyed by the fire)
if the engine is hit
-crewman hit (a member of the crew looses a portion of his health based on the projectile's damage and the type of vehicle,can be killed this way,hits shields first) if any weakspot other than tracks and optics is hit, 100% chance

All of these conditions can be removed if you repair the vehicle(excluding crewman hit,which is permament). None of these will apply if the player who hits the weakspot doesn't have the Vehicle Weakspot Scanner equipped.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
This should help the vehicle spam we see recently.I don't consider it OP since there is an implant which detects anti-tank mines, which will set the game off balance if not counteracted somehow.Even without it the vehicles are a bit too strong in my opinion!

Notes:
-Both the chance of inflicting a condition and the damage done to the vehicle is based on the damage of the projectile (and explosives could get an extra bonus too) so a single,precise hit from a sniper rifle will do more damage than a hit from a pistol (I think it's cool, in real life snipers often do things like shooting the driver or damaging vehicles from distance,some modern sniper rifles can even penetrate a tank)
-There could be also an anti-air version of this implant or just merge them together .
-Some weapons (like a rocket launcher) are designed to deal with vehicles,thus hitting the engine with this kind of weapon should (in my opinion) count as a headshot and instatntly blow up the vehicle(or do massive damage).
Old 2014-05-26, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

I have an idea that may save people some ire in terms of power for implants. Give players the ability to activate and deactivate implants when they want. That way they are not running around with the implant on all the time and continuously draining power.

Old 2014-06-13, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Venidicio
Private

Thumbs up Re: Implant ideas for the dev team.

Micro-Grenade
-Activates micro grenade planted inside body upon death.
-Shorter fuse & larger radius on higher tier (but never as full-scale as regular grenade).

Balance/Downside: Exploded body, team medics unable to revive.

Purpose:
- Possible revenge kills after 1-on-1 shoot out.
- Unless you have balls of steel, teabaggers beware!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion