Feel a little betrayed by tech test - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, you're gettin' an ANT
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-22, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Feel a little betrayed by tech test

Originally Posted by Ranik Ortega View Post
The exacerbating factors are A) "Vets will get in first" and B) The NDA video showing clearly that some serious wastes of space got into the game.
This is the issue.

Anyone who says "I'm angry because I'm a vet and I'm not in the tech test" doesn't have a leg to stand on. They can't possibly invite all the vets at once. The issue is that there have, evidently, been some people who, for all intents and purposes, don't have as much interest or commitment to the game as the people who were told they'd be priority.

We need people like that NDA breaker stream because it helps troubleshoot the game and acclimate it to new people, but that's mid/late beta stuff. Vets would be the people you want in tech tests because they're more likely to provide useful info and work toward quality standards; because they have been following and WANT a good game. Again, I suspect that the guy in the stream had a PS1 account a long time ago and he just happened to win the lottery. It's quite probable that cross referencing accounts is impractical to see who is legitimately interested in the game and who is not.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Again, I suspect that the guy in the stream had a PS1 account a long time ago and he just happened to win the lottery. It's quite probable that cross referencing accounts is impractical to see who is legitimately interested in the game and who is not.
I'm pretty sure he heard about the game somewhere, visited the site and signed up for regular beta, filled out the tech test form when he was prompted and was just randomly pulled from the list for the tech test because of his specs.

Seems the most logical course of events.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

"Where are the quests?" My feelings when i heard that
Old 2012-07-22, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
I'm pretty sure he heard about the game somewhere, visited the site and signed up for regular beta, filled out the tech test form when he was prompted and was just randomly pulled from the list for the tech test because of his specs.

Seems the most logical course of events.
I thought he mentioned that he played PS1 for like a week or something way back when...
Old 2012-07-22, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

This is rediculous op!
Old 2012-07-22, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
This is the issue.

Anyone who says "I'm angry because I'm a vet and I'm not in the tech test" doesn't have a leg to stand on. They can't possibly invite all the vets at once. The issue is that there have, evidently, been some people who, for all intents and purposes, don't have as much interest or commitment to the game as the people who were told they'd be priority.

We need people like that NDA breaker stream because it helps troubleshoot the game and acclimate it to new people, but that's mid/late beta stuff. Vets would be the people you want in tech tests because they're more likely to provide useful info and work toward quality standards; because they have been following and WANT a good game. Again, I suspect that the guy in the stream had a PS1 account a long time ago and he just happened to win the lottery. It's quite probable that cross referencing accounts is impractical to see who is legitimately interested in the game and who is not.
huh, I think you miss understand what "tech test" mean. I doubt they are caring too much about your opinion of balance/etc when they are busy making sure the game/server is stable. Beta? might have a point but for now, it ain't the case.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
huh, I think you miss understand what "tech test" mean. I doubt they are caring too much about your opinion of balance/etc when they are busy making sure the game/server is stable. Beta? might have a point but for now, it ain't the case.
Oh, yeah... no they don't care what the tester think and disregard their input completely... I mean they're just "tech testers"... nothing valuable to learn from them.

They might be focusing on other things than weapon balance right now... but that doesn't mean they don't value the input.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
OhFiddlesticks
Private

We will all get in eventually. Just be patient.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Ganymede
Contributor
Private

I registered my vet account for beta months ago when you first could... later on added a pc gamer code... I didn't get into the tech test. A week before the tech test started my wife registered her vet account no beta key and got into the tech test... we have the exact same specs.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
A sequel a decade later. Some seem to think because it's Planetside 2 it should be very much like Planetside 1, being a direct sequel and all, but it won't be so similar as they may think. It's 10 years difference. Most games with sequels are 2-3 years apart at most. Planetside 2 is an intentional recreation of Planetside classic, not a true sequel. The most in common the two have are large, persistant areas to fight over, many hundreds more players than other games offer, and the 3 factions. Beyond that, everything may as well be brand new.
Correct this is the same issue that happen when BF3 was coming out. You had so many bf2 vets that thought dice should make a rehash of Bf2. And they cried about this and that on forums.

But this is worse these entitled brats, will make a huge deal out of anything. And yes your entitled brats. SOE OWES YOU NOTHING.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by james View Post
But this is worse these entitled brats, will make a huge deal out of anything. And yes your entitled brats. SOE OWES YOU NOTHING.
I beg to differ; they owe us a better, supported game than the Zombieside of the last six years that some of you guys were/are still playing.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Radant-J View Post
dont give a fuck anymore
let the thread die
Going to help the OP want come to passing quicker.

Both camps on this subject really need to sit back and calm down. This is really starting to get out of hand.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion