Active Subscriber beta cutoff is 8 A.M. Monday - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going down faster than a whore on overtime
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-04, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Zerik
Private

Re: Active Subscriber beta cutoff is 8 A.M. Monday

Soooo tempted to hop in again just to hunt down the -really- new people!
But...I've got Dawnguard to play now. I'll shoot the lot of you come Monday.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Eaglez
Private

I just went and entered my key from gamefly online, then since it went to me putting in my card, I pressed back to see if I had 30 days free. Then it said network error and it brought me back to the profile screen, and it says under my memberships I have none. I then went to the enter key again and it says its already been used. What do I do.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
haticK
First Sergeant

I added my GameFly code and then picked the $15 PS1 subscription and it didn't charge me because I had a free month. Says I won't get charged until September 3rd so I'll just cancel it on Monday.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Noctis
Staff Sergeant

I'm not going to resub, but it would be nice if the accounts had enough protection so someone would lend me his account to play ps1 again for a day or so..

Any takers?

Lol

But really.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
I added my GameFly code and then picked the $15 PS1 subscription and it didn't charge me because I had a free month. Says I won't get charged until September 3rd so I'll just cancel it on Monday.

Have you guys confirmed from somewhere that this kind of thing (buying a new client for the "free" 30 days) is what SoE consider an active subscription by the way? As in you've contributed to Smedleys ever growing wallet directly?

Not trying to put the heebie-jeebies up you or anything, just wondering if there is a distinction in their minds back in San-Diego.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
haticK
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Have you guys confirmed from somewhere that this kind of thing (buying a new client for the "free" 30 days) is what SoE consider an active subscription by the way? As in you've contributed to Smedleys ever growing wallet directly?

Not trying to put the heebie-jeebies up you or anything, just wondering if there is a distinction in their minds back in San-Diego.
By adding a method of payment with a recurring subscription I'm assuming it's the same thing. To them that should be considered an active subscription.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
By adding a method of payment with a recurring subscription I'm assuming it's the same thing. To them that should be considered an active subscription.
I hope so.

But as the Librarian in Dawn of War likes to say "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment".

Anyway, will have various body parts crossed for you guys and everyone who thinks they should be getting in on Monday, being in. Including me.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Xzi
Private

I hope so.

But as the Librarian in Dawn of War likes to say "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment".

Anyway, will have various body parts crossed for you guys and everyone who thinks they should be getting in on Monday, being in. Including me.
Well, the guy on Twitter asked specifically about his subscription that he had bought only a couple days ago. And then Smedly said the cutoff wouldn't be until Monday at 8AM. So that seems pretty clear. But then, they have given us incorrect info on Twitter before. So here's hoping, indeed.

Waste of $20, otherwise.

Not that Planetside isn't a good game, of course, but it definitely feels dated compared to what PS2 is offering.

Last edited by Xzi; 2012-08-04 at 05:38 PM.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
LegioX
First Sergeant

all i know is that me and Hatick were getting owned 1 hr ago...lol
Old 2012-08-04, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

I've tried to play Ps1 this last week and i have gotten 1 kill for a bout 5 hours of playing. :<
Old 2012-08-04, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Serotriptomine View Post
I've tried to play Ps1 this last week and i have gotten 1 kill for a bout 5 hours of playing. :<
Nice to know the population of the game is better than when I left.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Sephirex
Major

Nice to know the population of the game is better than when I left.
I think he's referring more to the imbalance of the starting skills vs a fully certified player.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Xeller
Corporal

Eh, I'm putting in insane hours at work so I wouldn't really be able to put any time in the game until the weekend anyway. I bet old vets will be in by then.

I'm fine with SOE earning a bit more money, the economics of making a F2P game still seems like voodoo magic to me, so I'm glad they have another temporary source of revenue. Only issue is they should have said this was the case awhile ago. That would stop people from whining about paying $5 for a magazine or complaining how unfair it is that you can get in for 20 whole dollars.

We'll all be in soon enough.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Ulven
Private

I don't really mind if it ends up with the twitter being wrong. Played some Planetside 1 earlier today, good fun but oh did I get owned, haha.

Also found it extremely confusing as my character's name is VidarUlv and I was in the ice world and people were talking about defending Vidar etc.

Took me a while to figure out that it wasn't me they were talking about.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Man, I was just thinking about tweeting PS2 dev crew about how bored I am and if they could extend the free PS1 time over the weekend cause I jonesing for some PlanetSide fun. Man I enjoyed that 30 days free. But can't blame em for getting a little cash. It is a business after all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion