MAXs and regen / repair - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because work suxx0rs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-23, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Re: MAXs and regen / repair

I am thinking a cert with a trade off sounds good to me. When I play BF3 I play hardcore and love the no regen with out aid. So a cert for it sounds pretty cool to me. That way it's there but you have to lose a little somewhere else to use it. Oh and this message is biased cause I love to play medics and healers in games!

Call it job security...
Old 2012-07-23, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

We need to bear in mind that within a year and a half everybody will be able to do everything. (I know Higby has said otherwise. You and I both know he's wrong). The people yelling about the abuses that too high a TTK lead to in other threads need to be careful what they wish for.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
We need to bear in mind that within a year and a half everybody will be able to do everything. (I know Higby has said otherwise. You and I both know he's wrong). The people yelling about the abuses that too high a TTK lead to in other threads need to be careful what they wish for.
Sorry riven but was this a mispost?
Old 2012-07-23, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SFJake
Sergeant

Simple problem I have is free regeneration devalues both teammates and an individual's shots. Hey, I got like 50 hits on this group but no one died. They don't even have anyone to heal them but you know, its all wasted, they will regenerate.

I'm guessing medics have ammo limits so they can't heal forever. If they can thats pretty lame, but otherwise its how it should be, IMO. Wearing people down should always be an option. Being in the field or in an enemy base forever with your team, with your own resources renewing themselves forever, is exactly what regeneration sounds like to me.

And I just don't like it.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Do you really think SOE did not contemplate no health regen? Seriously?

Don't be ignorant. It doesn't encourage team play to remove health regeneration, at most it prevents someone from opting to toss a grenade at their feet to deny someone else an easy kill. Remember, people can be fairly vain.

Someone being a medic does not guarantee they'll care to heal you, they may only care to heal themselves. A medic that wants to heal you will want to heal you regardless of long term passive regen. Again, the existence of passive regen will NOT influence a medic's priorities. Giving them EXP for ressing/healing on the spot might however. That would encourage an illusion of team play, even if the former mindset is in it for their own gain.

Wait for beta like any level headed person would. I understand if this is too difficult, we all are eager to get in. People with no experience in something may voice concerns of a potential issue and their opinions on what should and shouldn't be, but they have not experienced how the game actually works to point out the actual issues. I'd be very concerned for the future of the game if SOE makes balancing changes based on the "feedback" of those that have yet to install Planetside 2 onto their hard drives. The people talking on the exclusive access tech test forums have FAR more weight to their concerns than anyone here will.

This is just another exaggerated issue from ill-informed individuals and it will remain that way until most of us are in beta and understand what is really going on.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by soulsurfsublime View Post
I am thinking a cert with a trade off sounds good to me. When I play BF3 I play hardcore and love the no regen with out aid. So a cert for it sounds pretty cool to me. That way it's there but you have to lose a little somewhere else to use it. Oh and this message is biased cause I love to play medics and healers in games!
That seems likely. In the current build (Higby's last broadcast), no one regenerates health... so the OP's info is out of date. If you want to go solo and never run with a medic, you have to sacrifice an implant slot; sounds reasonable enough.

Regen for everyone is just stupid though. Nothing worse than getting a good body-shot in at long range with a sniper rifle, but having the target hide for 30 seconds and be back at full health.
Old 2012-07-23, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Nolerhn
Corporal

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
That seems likely. In the current build (Higby's last broadcast), no one regenerates health... so the OP's info is out of date. If you want to go solo and never run with a medic, you have to sacrifice an implant slot; sounds reasonable enough.

Regen for everyone is just stupid though. Nothing worse than getting a good body-shot in at long range with a sniper rifle, but having the target hide for 30 seconds and be back at full health.
If nothing else, you took that guy out of the fight for 30 seconds while he hides
Old 2012-07-23, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nolerhn View Post
If nothing else, you took that guy out of the fight for 30 seconds while he hides
Kills or it doesn't matter!!
Old 2012-07-23, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Just so you guys know Health does not regen the last time I got a chance to play. Armor/Shield has a regen time (pretty long before it starts) but Health if you lose it stays where it is. So you could have 50% health and 100% shields.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-23, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Just so you guys know Health does not regen the last time I got a chance to play. Armor/Shield has a regen time (pretty long before it starts) but Health if you lose it stays where it is. So you could have 50% health and 100% shields.
If they keep that.... i like that. Sheild allows you enough time to get out of the fight to find a medic or get a medic to you. I plan on being a medic so, this is good news for me
Old 2012-07-24, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Ah, good then. I was having a nightmarish vision of self-maintaining certified MAXEs turning the game into MaxCrashSide.

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
Kills or it doesn't matter!!
Oh yes it does. It makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-07-24 at 01:34 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
TheApoc
Corporal

from what i hear, max units are like paper.. cant wait to see for my self.
Old 2012-07-24, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Thanks Hamma - this was exactly what I was in about in my OP.

Just to clarify, I wouldn't want there to ever be any Health regen - this thread was purely for armour/shield regen.

In the recent TB video below, there's an example where a MAX takes some damage at 29:04 and hasn't regened any by 29:42.

So 38 seconds passed without regen - can anyone confirm if the timer is longer or if it is something you need to cert/equip etc..

Last edited by TerminatorUK; 2012-07-24 at 02:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Awesome, I like that, thanks for the info.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Keep in mind, that's a MAX unit. The entire 2 bars look to act like armor/health.

Though I'm inclined to trust in Hamma's claim, considering he has more hands on time than most of us. Just keep in mind it's still early in the testing process, and SOE will be jumping around features finding what works and what doesn't.

I just understand from my years of MMO experience that when a developer changes anything within their game, the change will see stiff opposition from people that can't think beyond their nose.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion