Getting your money back on CC - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please insert disk 2
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-06, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

Ahh but all of you have the software on your machines. It is the access to the software that we paided for. The can take that away. All they have to do is remove it from your account and then you no longer have CC.

My reasons were:

1. I am not satisfied with the product.
2. I was expecting higher quailty of product and more content.
3. The CC has added no value to the game for me.
4. I had to make the purchase to see what it was like, because there was not trial for CC when I purchased it.
Old 2003-11-06, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Doppler
Contributor
Major

None of which are valid arguments for the purpsoses of law or company policy. Here are the areas where you might have a recourse.

If the product was defective.
If the product caused harm to you or your property.
If the company made deliberately false claims.

Generaly speaking you have to purchase most things to really see what it was like. Nowhere are companies required to provide free demos.

As to 1, 2, 3, that is you personally yes i'm a little disapointed in CC but overall it was satisfactory. Since the majority either feel this way, or are not so incensed as to riot in front of sony corp headquarters you may have to suck this one up.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-06, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

I think we all wished for the moon and only got the cheese. I'm just glad my cheese didn't cost me $30.
Old 2003-11-06, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Strak
Corporal

They do not give you money back for defective media, they will usually exchange the media, but no money back.

Expecting more content? Like what? We knew what was in it before we bought it. We have been discussing it for months.

Poor quality oh well, suck it up it's $30. Oh and as for the FPS issues I had them as soon as the server side stuff went live, before I had CC, so giving it back, taking it off etc will do nothing to fix it.
Old 2003-11-06, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I'm glad I hear the product is mediocre... I'm not going to buy it now.
Old 2003-11-06, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Here is my perspective on this issue. I see is as a simple cost on entertainment determination for me. Planet Side cost me $40 plus another $30 for the expansion. It comes with 1 month is server usage and after that it�s $13 to continue playing. So that�s a total of just $213 for a full years worth of entertainment. That�s cheap entertainment. Just compare it to other forms of entertainment and you will see my point. Hell, my digital cable TV bill is about $73 per month and I spend more hours playing PS than I do watching TV.

So yeah, perhaps the expansion is not what you wanted it to be. At least the came is still a reasonable entertainment cost. Perhaps if they were charging more per month for expansion users, then I could agree with your ire.

I am, however, of the opinion that the �expansion� should have just been released as a massive patch as a reward for loyal paying gamers and to create interest for new people to join the game. The problem of non-expansion and expansion users playing in the same game world was not adequately addressed IMHO. You don�t really need the expansion to play and you can reap all the benefits of the expansion without having it. The only thing you can�t do is the �work� for the benefits (i.e. traveling through the mostly abandoned cavers to retrieve and energize modules). I think our monthly usage fee should to for tech support, server maintenance, bandwidth, AND game upgrades (bug fixes, balance patches, and expansions).

I�d like to see SOE�s analysis for the value keeping interest alive and the revenue from retention of monthly accounts VS. the revenue made selling an expansion separately. If the expansion were �free� to paying users everyone would be thrilled, interest would spread, and word would get out that SOE really SUPPORTS it�s monthly fee products. Instead they charged separately for the expansion and this has annoyed a lot of loyal subscribers mainly because of the implementation problems I mentioned above.

Just my .2

BadAsh
Old 2003-11-06, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

Guys it is not really about the $30. It is about not being given a statifatory product! I also agree that I will not get my money back. I bet I am giving the a good laugh over there.

I agree wtih Badash. The cost is nothing compared to some of the other things I do for entertainment. I also think that they should have just release this "expansion" as a large patch. I don't think they added enough content to the game for it to be called an expansion.

Since they have done what the have done. There should be more of a reson to go underground. Why should I go get the modules? I don't get any extra exp for it. I don't get an cep for it. So why go do it?
Old 2003-11-06, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I don't get any extra exp for it. I don't get an cep for it. So why go do it?
If this is why you're playing the game, may I suggest playing another game? Character advancment is not the goal of PS.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-11-06, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Plus, buying any piece of software right at release opens you up to disappointment. I haven't bought it yet, no reason to buy it until I got the cable 'net installed. Getting reactions from friends and here has been enough to convince me not to buy it, although I was certainly in the pessimist camp to begin with. Now I'll get the chance to try it out without paying for it, and I didn't even have to wait 2 weeks. Sony isn't going to pay for your impatience, player impatience is something they depend on. If you don't buy a game at release, you can get a whole mess of reactions to decide whether or not to spend your cash. If you need to be in line on opening day, don't complain that it wasn't everything you were expecting when all you'd gotten before buying it was Sony press releases.
Old 2003-11-06, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
M4d_Jack
Private

no refunds on opened games...come guys, you know the rules.
Old 2003-11-06, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Laeritides
2. I was expecting higher quailty of product and more content.

That one always cracks me up.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion