Welcome to Gauss Talk, your'e on the air... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going down faster than a whore on overtime
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-20, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Be happy that your empire doesn't have the beamer, now shut up and go away...blah
Old 2003-09-20, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I took out a Pounder Max with a Beamer once. He was st00pid.
Old 2003-09-20, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Cease
First Sergeant

There are some basics for firing a Gauss, but really most people already know them. Firing in bursts, etc. But you can't forget just being flat out accurate. I'm not a crappy player, but I still have my fair share of misses. I'm just not as accurate as other players out there.

Goatman on NC/Markov is in my outfit. I've watched him just mow down people with the Gauss. But there isn't anything different he does compared to everyone else. He's just accurate as hell. He doesn't lead too much or too little -- he doesn't miss. I've watched him run at someone while strafing and firing and still drop them in about 6 shots -- about just as fast as an HA weapon could do.

So with that said, you put any weapon in a player like Goatman's hands and there's a good chance he's going to own with it - he's just got great aim/accuracy.
Old 2003-09-20, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Everay
Major General

duel with goatman, youll know just how good he really is, man, i have very much respect for him, and i already did for seeing him take a enemy squad down by himself, when it was just 4 WO guys and a full squad of terrans with Maxs, and we all wernt in position yet and he mopped the floor with them
Old 2003-09-20, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Cease
First Sergeant

The only bad thing about having Goatman in the same outfit is the humbling experience. We got a few people with Vangard certs. And they'll ask over TS "Who wan't to gun in my Van?" Sometimes Goatman will gun for them. And then I get to listen for 30+ mins from the Van driver "Wow! I like when Goatman guns for me, he actually hits stuff!" Makes me kinda reluctant to hop in a gunning spot for any of our outfit Vangards lol.
Old 2003-09-20, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Jagd
Major

Here's a thought: stop sucking!
Old 2003-09-20, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Cease
First Sergeant

Pretty complex thinking there. Don't hurt yourself.
Old 2003-09-20, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Jagd
Major

Well hurting myself would be more of a concern than you taking me out, I'm sure. Good to know most NC tank crews are only there to improve the "look & feel" of a battle.

The one thing I really dislike about the gauss rifle is that it sounds like a junky toy store lazer gun. It's a freaking assault rifle, make it sound like gunfire!
Old 2003-09-20, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally posted by Jagd
It's a freaking assault rifle, make it sound like gunfire!
Can't disagree with you there. The reason I can't stand the stiker is because of the damn beeping.
Old 2003-09-20, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cease
First Sergeant

Well hurting myself would be more of a concern than you taking me out, I'm sure.

Well since we both play on opposing empires of Markov, we can certainly see if those words ring true. I'll shoot you a tell this evening, and we can meet up somewhere. We'll make it really simple - you try to hold a tower, while I try to take it from you. If I take it, you try to take it back. First one to 20 kills wins. No spawn camping, but if you want to allow it then thats fine too. I'll keep things even and stick to Med Assault. Sound good?

Last edited by Cease; 2003-09-20 at 03:03 PM.
Old 2003-09-20, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
User58
Sergeant

I disagree with this somewhat...

Originally posted by Cease
There are some basics for firing a Gauss, but really most people already know them. Firing in bursts, etc. But you can't forget just being flat out accurate. I'm not a crappy player, but I still have my fair share of misses. I'm just not as accurate as other players out there.

Goatman on NC/Markov is in my outfit. I've watched him just mow down people with the Gauss. But there isn't anything different he does compared to everyone else. He's just accurate as hell. He doesn't lead too much or too little -- he doesn't miss. I've watched him run at someone while strafing and firing and still drop them in about 6 shots -- about just as fast as an HA weapon could do.

So with that said, you put any weapon in a player like Goatman's hands and there's a good chance he's going to own with it - he's just got great aim/accuracy.
I just got done with a fairly large battle and I was about 200 "yards" away. There was a guy in a MAX blasting away at a wall turret, I'm suprised to say he survived. I was tucked in behind a tree and firing at some TR scum up on the wall. I was stationary and crouched with my Gauss firing one round at a time or 2-3 round bursts. Even without moving a centimeter and firing single shots, there was no way to predict where the next round would hit. From the perspective of the TR dude on the wall, the rounds varied about 2 feet in where they hit.

Which, I must say ain't half bad but there is no sense of a recoil with the weapon. The reticule didn't budge, honest.

Old 2003-09-20, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I've played all empires and found that the gauss is THE ruler of MA. cycler can put lead in the air faster than any otherwep (besides MCG). The pulsar is crap (someone doubt me). But the cycler could be the only wep you ever use AND still own. Me and a squad of 3 others held a base from about a squad and a half of VS yesterday and our wep of choice was the gauss. i had my SA and a buddy used his pheonix to get rid of the rotten MAX's, but the Gauss just MOW'd the barneys. My only tip would be to crouch while firing and to use either single shot or 3-shot bursts.

(P.S. used the sweep to clear a tower spawn room, but that was it, honest)

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-09-20, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Cease
First Sergeant

just got done with a fairly large battle and I was about 200 "yards" away. There was a guy in a MAX blasting away at a wall turret, I'm suprised to say he survived. I was tucked in behind a tree and firing at some TR scum up on the wall. I was stationary and crouched with my Gauss firing one round at a time or 2-3 round bursts. Even without moving a centimeter and firing single shots, there was no way to predict where the next round would hit. From the perspective of the TR dude on the wall, the rounds varied about 2 feet in where they hit.

Which, I must say ain't half bad but there is no sense of a recoil with the weapon. The reticule didn't budge, honest.

Well its hard to say, but in that case it sounds like that guy may have been beyond effective range for the Gauss. Generally when I have found that that the natural margin of error from the Gauss is enough to miss entirely even though the reticule is dead on -- they are too far away. If I have to go 4x zoom to get a good bead on them, I'm generally wasting ammo trying to hit them.
Old 2003-09-20, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
BDMJ
First Sergeant

As far as MA goes, the gauss is very nice for medium-long range fights. You can outdamage the cycler if you are patient at all but the closest range. Unfortunately when close, the cycler is nearly as effective as HA. Because of this, for close range I use the punisher (if I'm not HA certed, I see saw back and forth on this one) as the plasma grenade followed by a short controlled burst is amazing 1v1.
Old 2003-09-20, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The punisher rocket also does a fair amount of damage if you manage to hit the person, and is my preferance because I tend to hit myself with grenades.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion