Wait...Wait A Damn Second, What? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It is October 08, 2006. When will it appear?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-17, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
NewHoriZon
Private

Re: Wait...Wait A Damn Second, What?

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
This thread has just about everything we know about PS2 so far in a well condensed form:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=37350

Also check out the "Media" section in the homepage and select PS2 for nifty screenies you've probably missed.
Right on, thank you. You also loved Planetside? And played? Alot?
Old 2012-02-17, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by NewHoriZon View Post
Just because people say its ok does not mean it is, remember slavery?
When you start comparing a vehicle in a video game to one of the greatest injustices of the ages, you probably need to step back and take a breath.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...It's not fallen.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
When you start comparing a vehicle in a video game to one of the greatest injustices of the ages, you probably need to step back and take a breath.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...It's not fallen.
I attempted to make a point, its a fair statement. Even if an overwhelming majority favor something, does not mean its right. Maybe slavery was an extreme example, but the concept is solid, no mater your feelings. I presume you are an educated person?

And yes, thank you for the sky comment, I mean, I am just seriously excited to have an opportunity to play what was an awesome game again, and need to have faith.

Last edited by NewHoriZon; 2012-02-17 at 02:50 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Oh, well I just found out. Maybe the 20 pages should notbe neglected, maybe there is room for both. Wow, what a world we live in. Just because people say its ok does not mean it is, remember slavery? Oh and barly visable was the point, it was tactics, met on both sides. Wow, I cant believe this.
Did he...

Did he really compare not being outraged about the removal of the AMS to... being ok with SLAVERY?

Now we just need a hitler post.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vancha
Colonel

I presume you are an educated person?
Nope.

Still, I'm sure there's a slavery equivalent of Godwin's law. The fact that it came to mind as a comparison probably says something as to your state of mind.

Besides, I don't think this is a case of "okay" or not, but rather that this is a new game with new dynamics and that criticizing something's existence (or lack of thereof) when we don't have a feel for the game is probably somewhat premature.

I hope you got the Queen reference.

Edit: Well would you look at that...

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-02-17 at 03:21 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

I attempted to make a point, its a fair statement. Even if an overwhelming majority favor something, does not mean its right. Maybe slavery was an extreme example, but the concept is solid, no mater your feelings. I presume you are an educated person?

And yes, thank you for the sky comment, I mean, I am just seriously excited to have an opportunity to play what was an awesome game again, and need to have faith.
No, it is a false equivalence. Slavery being wrong is significantly worse than a wholly subjective view on the exclusion of a vehicle in a video game.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Nope.

Still, I'm sure there's a slavery equivalent of Godwin's law. The fact that it came to mind as a comparison probably says something as to your state of mind.

Besides, I don't think this is a case of "okay" or not, but rather that this is a new game with new dynamics and that criticizing something's existence (or lack of thereof) when we don't have a feel for the game is probably somewhat premature.

I hope you got the Queen reference.
Sure, maybe premature but...consider SOE's history with turning on, shutting down, or mangling games I played and paid for. But for your research, Google/Wiki the corruption of the majority, America was actually an escape from the majority as the Puritan's fled Europe. The slavery, again, was to contrast, and incite a clear and obvious point, in relation to real life, past history stuff. Being a well rounded person as a result of a higher education is why individuals are paid more for doing the same job, or are always in roles which require more responsibility. Its wise not to bark at the obvious, but to understand its meaning while maybe growling. Please understand we both want the same thing, an awesome PS2.

and TheSHIFT, logic is logic is logic, try not to separate what is real in any sense.

Last edited by NewHoriZon; 2012-02-17 at 03:35 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Sure, maybe premature but...consider SOE's history with turning on, shutting down, or mangling games I played and paid for. But for your research, Google/Wiki the corruption of the majority, America was actually an escape from the majority as the Puritan's fled Europe. The slavery, again, was to contrast, and incite a clear and obvious point, in relation to real life, past history stuff. Being a well rounded person as a result of a higher education is why individuals are paid more for doing the same job, or are always in roles which require more responsibility. Its wise not to bark at the obvious, but to understand its meaning while maybe growling. Please understand we both want the same thing, an awesome PS2.

and TheSHIFT, logic is logic is logic, try not to separate what is real in any sense.
As a AMS driver I think the new gal idea is awesome and am looking forward to piloting one. It makes a lot of sense making the AMS fly, now we can park it any where and move a lot faster in doing so move the fight a lot faster to. I always thought a lot more things should fly in the future.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
As a AMS driver I think the new gal idea is awesome and am looking forward to piloting one. It makes a lot of sense making the AMS fly, now we can park it any where and move a lot faster in doing so move the fight a lot faster to. I always thought a lot more things should fly in the future.
=P I hope its fun, I will wait and apparently stop saying what everyone has already said, I guess I came too late. BTW as you were cert'ed AMS, did you ever pilot a GAL? =P

Last edited by NewHoriZon; 2012-02-17 at 03:47 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

You are not making a point here, you just make an idiot out of yourself.
All of us have something they dont like, for me its the entire shield stuff and the sanctuary removal. Yet, I dont make threads about them, As I discuss the matter in one of those plenty threads about them. And I deliver actual facts and stuff, rather than just crying about it.
Now sit back, chill, and read all the previous discussions about the ams removal. After that, raise a new point, or chill till beta.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
You are not making a point here, you just make an idiot out of yourself.
All of us have something they dont like, for me its the entire shield stuff and the sanctuary removal. Yet, I dont make threads about them, As I discuss the matter in one of those plenty threads about them. And I deliver actual facts and stuff, rather than just crying about it.
Now sit back, chill, and read all the previous discussions about the ams removal. After that, raise a new point, or chill till beta.
Haha, yes sir.
Old 2012-02-17, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vancha
Colonel

Does that ever work?
Old 2012-02-17, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

=P I hope its fun, I will wait and apparently stop saying what everyone has already said, I guess I came too late. BTW as you were cert'ed AMS, did you ever pilot a GAL? =P
I played PS from beta, and played non stop tell 08 then played another year in 10-11 on the hopes of PS2 coming out last march like they said it would. I have certed everything, shot everything, and driven/piloted everything, and have a toon on every empire.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-17 at 05:00 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
I played PS from beta, and played non stop tell 08 then played another year in 10-11 on the hopes of PS2 coming out last march like they said it would. I have certed everything, shot everything, and driven/piloted everything, and have a toon on every empire.
Me too, nearly, although I started in 2004 and my nc and vs toons are not even br10. And, I'm still subbed.

It's a shame you started this thread in a dramatic fashion and that the response was equally dramatic. When that happens the point of the thread become the drama itself rather than the topic at hand.

A lot of us a concerned at 'no ams' and 'footholds and no sanc' and we've discussed it at length previously to the extent that we don't want to revisit those arguments.

However, beta will give us all a chance to experience the actuality and to provide feedback to DEVS in a logical and hopefully constructive manner.

Peace.
Old 2012-02-17, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

To the OP:
You have played PS1 and many PSU users would give you some respect for it because we all loved PS1 here.

However, to be honest, most of us would also definitely have appreciated if you would have given respect to other users by reading and searching other threads instead of starting a new thread. They spent a lot of time sharing opinions on those threads and did you honestly invest some time or spend efforts to look for information ?

Respect is a 2-way elevator.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-02-17 at 07:45 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion