Wait...Wait A Damn Second, What? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No affiliation with UPS.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-17, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewHoriZon
Private

Wait...Wait A Damn Second, What?

FFS, OMFG, NO AMS'es?!? Is this a freaking joke? AMS placement was of absolute importance to the largest zergs, or the smallest 5 man tacticle squads given super secret objectives. Nothing like trying to keep an AMS hidden. The zigging and zagging from the cloaked location of an AMS to try and conceal its wareabouts, pretending you were some random guy lost, coming from a completely different location, then finally yelling at the random guy who came and ruined it all and got the location found out!

The life of a certed AMS driver was the best, EVERYONE hunted for them. Nothing like running into a cloaked AMS at full speed in a TR tank just to easily blow it up, kill the freaking guys hiding in it, and change the tide of war... I GOT THE AMS...and then the driver who, at a crawling pace from across the map, was able to park them in just the right location, but not to right, cause they know that one. OMFG, NO FREAKING WAY, GAME OVER.

Someone please tell me, is this misinformation?

This is the Planetside the creator said was intedened to be made? The one without AMS'es..He was right, the game was ahead of its time on 56k but, way...to...go......You just took everything that was special to me in Planetside, and the found memories of a repeat, but with awsome grafics, away. Congratulations. Oh, and ya, lets take away the staging area...SANCTUARY... OMFG WAY>>>TO>>>GO you silly CoD BF3 wanna bes. /sitrep OVER. I bet they will take that command out too, and EVERYONE can run there mouth in global aswell, and no one has to be a proven leader with CR5.

Oh yea, and also almost in immiment defeat, at the vechicle terminal, all you see is AMS'es coming out for a final stand as the enemy is blowing up your respawn, but everything on the vechicle pad is being destoryed by tank fire on a hill, or by the entire enemy force who knows what you are trying to do...Wow, god it was great, but you were going to lose the base, but atleast you tried! WOW, I bet vechicle terms are going to be taken out too. WOW...Unbelieveable. Oh right, and hacking? What you cant go hack a vechicle term at an enemy base or something? I cant believe I was waiting over 7 years for this....

Someone tell me, is this misinformation?

Last edited by NewHoriZon; 2012-02-17 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a question at the end.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Wait...Wait A Damn Second, What?

congratulation, you dont know shit...
Old 2012-02-17, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

Another one if these threads.Its getting old.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mutant
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Stop tolling

Gal = AMS.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2012-02-17, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
Stop tolling

Gal = AMS.
Ohh right, ya... No one flew gals, nothing like the pilot being able to join the crew and suicide the damn thing for the fun of it. I loved watching gals fall from the sky.

What do you guys mean, another post? What is really going on here?
Old 2012-02-17, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Old 2012-02-17, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Coreldan
Colonel

This has been known for quite a while and theres been plenty of people like you who make TLDR posts about how the sky is falling.

Now there's a pretty good reason for you to fly a Gal, cos it is the new AMS. Instead of hunting an invisible barely defended AMS, you are gonna have to go take down the extremely durable, well armed and protected Gal.

But yeah, all your points have been discussed probably 20 pages worth elsewhere already, so dont expect people to discuss it with you again.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-02-17, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
congratulation, you dont know shit...
Where will we stage? Not Sanctuary? You know who does that...children.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
This has been known for quite a while and theres been plenty of people like you who make TLDR posts about how the sky is falling.

Now there's a pretty good reason for you to fly a Gal, cos it is the new AMS. Instead of hunting an invisible barely defended AMS, you are gonna have to go take down the extremely durable, well armed and protected Gal.

But yeah, all your points have been discussed probably 20 pages worth elsewhere already, so dont expect people to discuss it with you again.
Oh, well I just found out. Maybe the 20 pages should notbe neglected, maybe there is room for both. Wow, what a world we live in. Just because people say its ok does not mean it is, remember slavery? Oh and barly visable was the point, it was tactics, met on both sides. Wow, I cant believe this.

Last edited by NewHoriZon; 2012-02-17 at 02:32 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Coreldan
Colonel

Every continent has a mini-sanctuary (known as footholds by devs) for each faction. The opposing factions can not take these over or even get into them.

Veh terms are certainly still in, we even have screenshots of the UI.

Your comparison sucks, the point is, there was no need to make a new thread about it. Discussing stuff is OK and bringing up your view. What people are pissed off about is that you had to make a new thread out of a thing that already has too many threads

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-02-17 at 02:32 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
NewHoriZon
Private

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Every continent has a mini-sanctuary (known as footholds by devs) for each faction. The opposing factions can not take these over or even get into them.

Veh terms are certainly still in, we even have screenshots of the UI.

Your comparison sucks, the point is, there was no need to make a new thread about it. Discussing stuff is OK and bringing up your view. What people are pissed off about is that you had to make a new thread out of a thing that already has too many threads
I'm sorry man, I am not a forum guy, I do not houndz ta foroms. I'm just concerned about something that I cant believe has a second chance, and frankly, am worried.

And mini-sanctuary? So before was it big-sanctuary? Like what is the significance of mini-sanctuary? Why do you say mini? To which comparison are you referring?

Last edited by NewHoriZon; 2012-02-17 at 02:40 AM.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Coreldan
Colonel

This thread has just about everything we know about PS2 so far in a well condensed form:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=37350

Also check out the "Media" section in the homepage and select PS2 for nifty screenies you've probably missed.

Old 2012-02-17, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Garem
Sergeant

If you're not a "forum hound" or whatever you called it, try out the Chat function. This isn't Reddit or 4chan. Things are permanent here.

Either way, as a frequent flyer or for your first time by, the Search tool is for winners. On any forum, for that matter.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by NewHoriZon View Post
I'm sorry man, I am not a forum guy, I do not houndz ta foroms. I'm just concerned about something that I cant believe has a second chance and I am worried.

And mini-sanctuary? So before was it big-sanctuary? Like what is the significance of mini-sanctuary? Why do you say mini?
Beta testing is for finding out what will work and what will not work. What you need to do next time before you open up the 100th thread about ZOMG AMS are out the its TEOTWAWKI threads. Is go out, do a little research realize that everything is going be alright.

If the flying bus doesn't work out we might possibly see AMS's again sometime down the line. Don't be so down and out about slight changes to game play. This isn't PS1. This is PS2 and its a Re-envisioning as the Devs have put it.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion