Advance vehicles requireing Tech? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The antidote for civilization
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-21, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
mintyc
Corporal

Re: Advance vehicles requireing Tech?

Originally Posted by QFAN View Post
Isn't lightning more an AA vehicle, at least with its default payload?
nope the standard gun is AI/AV if you want AA you need to put on the sky-guard turret.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by mintyc View Post
nope the standard gun is AI/AV if you want AA you need to put on the sky-guard turret.
And if you reeeallllyyyy want AV, then go tank hunter option, which we are yet to see!
Old 2012-07-21, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Night
Private

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
And if you reeeallllyyyy want AV, then go tank hunter option, which we are yet to see!
Tank hunter? What are you talking about?
Old 2012-07-21, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Night View Post
Tank hunter? What are you talking about?
Read up good sir, there are three turrets available for the lightning: the Skyguard AA, the 100mm Anti-Personnel Turret (which is what we have seen so far), and the lightning tank hunter turret.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lightning

Last edited by Landtank; 2012-07-21 at 10:13 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Night
Private

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
Read up good sir, there are three turrets available for the lightning: the Skyguard AA, the 100mm Anti-Personnel Turret (which is what we have seen so far), and the lightning tank hunter turret.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lightning

Ohh, I actually did not know that. Thought here were only two. Thanks.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Night View Post
Ohh, I actually did not know that. Thought here were only two. Thanks.
It's going to be awesome!
Old 2012-07-21, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
evansra
Private

from the e3 footage the biggest differene is vanguards take a different resource... van is the red one lightening is the green one i think. i would asume the red one is less comon/ may only get it from bases
Old 2012-07-21, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by evansra View Post
from the e3 footage the biggest differene is vanguards take a different resource... van is the red one lightening is the green one i think. i would asume the red one is less comon/ may only get it from bases
Nah, one is for light vehicles, one is for heavy vehicles and one is for transports. Light vehicles are the lightning and the aircav while heavy are mbt's and liberators. From what we have seen there are no rare resources, however the MBT and the Liberator costs 50% more of their resource than the aircav and lightning so on average you will get fewer of them anyway.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-21 at 10:35 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
Nah, one is for light vehicles, one is for heavy vehicles and one is for transports. Light vehicles are the lightning and the aircav while heavy are mbt's and liberators. From what we have seen there are no rare resources, however the MBT and the Liberator costs 50% more of their resource than the aircav and lightning so on average you will get fewer of them anyway.
I believe there are resources that are only generated by bases, which is what you can use to unlock in game items, Auraxium methinks.

Otherwise yeah this is spot on.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

I really hope they do require tech, and I hope the rest of the bases are built for a purpose like they were in the old Planetside eg: vehicle shields, faster respawn times etc.

It would be nice having a reason to take a specific base rather then taking it simply because its the next in line or the mission system offers more XP for that base.
Old 2012-07-21, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fenrys
Major

It will be interesting to see how the scale of different kinds of battles and skirmishes will favor lightnings or mixed groups of lightnings and driver-only tanks v. solid ranks of fully gunned tanks.

My guess is that during times or areas of low population, lightnings will be effective and the extra armor of MBTs will be a force multiplier. If one side does not have tanks, several extra lightnings can compensate. Lightnings are probably going to be cheaper to run, and faster getting to the fight.

During larger battles, I think we are going to favor firepower density from fully gunned tanks. If there are many vehicles on the field, some will have their shots blocked by friendlies in front of them. Ideally, vehicles that do have a clear line of sight will be able to throw the maximum DPS downrange.

AA will probably need to be omnipresent, so skyguard lightnings will likely see use all the time.

I really hope we can pull gal's from FH™*.

*: Foot Hold.

Having no mobile spawn points seems like it could be such a huge disadvantage. In PS1, you could not take a tech plant without them (AMS).

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-07-21 at 05:06 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Yeah I'd rather see MBTs be limited to tech plants then Galaxies. Galaxies are probably going to be rare enough without requiring tech plants for their spawn points.

That depends of course on whether or not one can be pulled from the foot holds. If they can then the point becomes... well pointless. Not much point in going for the Tech Plant for the sake of Galaxies if you can pull one from a safe foot hold location and fly it to where you need it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion