NC MAX's Sheild ability - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma just wiped out my whole outfit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Does the NC MAX's sheild suck ?
Oh yes, dear god, it sucks!!! : replace it with something more useful! 12 29.27%
Oh be-jezus, its soo sucky!!! : beef it up somehow! 12 29.27%
No, it does not suck. (but then again, im TR or VS) 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-09-12, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Madcat170
Sergeant

Uh..... bleh, i could flame back but im better than that.

I agree something needs to be done to boost the NC MAX's Special Ability

Firing thru the sheild would be good ( its what they originally planned but decided not to for some reaon)

And AS Vis Armata pointed out they are looking at the NC MAX

IT is the Weakest in head to head combat but also has its uses.

And i dont have any MAX's, cant stand the bloody things.

One great thing about the NC MAX sheild is very situational but nice. Can take an extra striker round and an extra lancer shot.

Originally posted by shadowseed
Personal Shield + VS MAX camp == tough to kill
Personal Shield + TR MAX jump == tough to kill
Just noticed that as well, dont think i need to say anything
Old 2003-09-12, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Indecisive
Major General

Lol personal sheilds dont do shit.

The way i look at it

TR ability is offencive, but it makes you better at defence (lock down spam shit)

NC ability is defencive but it helps you with offence. (storm base and absorb damage.

VS ability is..uh versitile i guess.

NC and VS abilitys are pretty balanced. But with the upcomeing deci nerf, tr with its uber defence i think might get underpowered.

Yeah maybe they should let you fire while the sheild is on again. But, like originally planned, its gonna have to cut the refire rate in half.

That was the orginal plan. If you dont like it, fine it should stay as it is now. If you dont like either you can fuck off.
Old 2003-09-12, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by shadowseed
PS: What a suprise, this guy is TR....
And what a surprise, you're NC and you're complaining and wanting a buff.

We won't exactly get anywhere with that line of thinking, obviously everybody is more familiar with their primary empire and for the most part people are little less rational about their empire's weapons and want to be more powerful. Trying to call somebody out for doing pretty much what you're already doing is pointless.

On the subject, I think the NC MAXs do get the short end of the stick on the special abilities. I think the usefulness of both the VS and TR special abilities gets blown out of proportion as they both have massive weak spots, but the TR is better than the other two, and the NC brings up the rear. I have seen some NC use the shield to great effect, but those were special occasions with extremely patient people willing to duck and cover and let their shield recharge over and over. It seemed to be a specific play style that certainly wouldn't appeal to me.
The shield itself also doesn't seem to lend itself to the whole idea behind the NC, it's very defensive for an army that is based around hitting hard. I wouldn't mind seeing it scrapped altogether but the only ideas I have to take it's place are entirely too similar to the TR anchor which would be too redundant. Somebody far more clever than myself would need to come up with something, but it shouldn't be hard to find that person
I also wouldn't mind seeing the Scattercannon become a little more effective at a distance. I think it's just find at close range, and not bad at medium range. I don't think it should become an armored sniper, but increasing it's punch at distance would most likely increase it's popularity quite a bit as it lags behind the other empires AI MAXs right now.

And all this from a TR!
Old 2003-09-12, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Gohan_VA
That was the orginal plan. If you dont like it, fine it should stay as it is now. If you dont like either you can fuck off.
Whoooo there cowboy!!!, dont throw your rattle out of the pram!!!

Originally posted by Madcow ]
I dont want to see the NC super-powered or anything, id be more than happy to get the thing to keep the shield up while im firing...

Old 2003-09-12, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Morat
Private

The Max special abilities are a simple attempt to create a scissor-paper-stone situation according to the three principle characteristics of armoured vehicles.

Firepower - TR (lockdown, loses manouvre ability while locked)
Manouvre - VS (Jumpjets, alway a bit low on firepower but can jump)
Protection - NS (Shield, loses firepower during duration of shield)

Now you can argue the toss over which is most useful but I bet you end up full circle saying "depends on the circumstances".

For my money, VS max is best for assaulting buildings, TR max is best for defending buildings and NS max is best in open country (Shield until you can work out where the fire is coming from)

On the other hand, I'm TR skum and can't be trusted because my max is so ubar and noone will rest until all TR maxes are scared of poodles and the striker bounces off a mini metro without scratching the paint

Morat
(Werner)

PRAISE THE LARD..........and pass the dripping
Old 2003-09-12, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Indecisive
Major General

dont throw your rattle out of the pram!!!

btw, hey atleast you dont have the beamer max:

Last edited by Indecisive; 2003-09-12 at 11:20 AM.
Old 2003-09-12, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Madcat170
Sergeant

Dont tell me the beamer is underpowered!
Look at that!

Disclaimer: the above post is a joke any 1 responding to it with any negative attitude is an idiot. This is also a joke.
Old 2003-09-12, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah our max sucks need sopmethin better or stronger shield or weaponry.
Old 2003-09-12, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Indecisive
Major General

See beamer --> Quasar but

Guess what ---> beamer?

ah. That explains hella lot.
Old 2003-09-12, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

On the other hand, I'm TR skum and can't be trusted because my max is so ubar and noone will rest until all TR maxes are scared of poodles and the striker bounces off a mini metro without scratching the paint
lol that was pretty good
Old 2003-09-12, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you think Personal Shield sucks, you aren't fully trained in the use of implants.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-09-13, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

they suck becuse its easy to forget to put it on, i think it should be an always on implant, like second wind, just it doesnt take stamina away till u starting 2 get shot, then it becomes like it is now. that would make it more usefull.
Old 2003-09-19, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Caspertoo
Sergeant

OMG you NC's are such whiners, you have the JH, which rules all in a despot sorta way, and the sparrow, which rules the air in more of a monarchy sorta way.

The phoenix which is the longest damn sniper gun in game and your uber shotgun max rocks up close with or without the shield.

Tell you what, have them calm the JH down just a tiny iddy bit and I'll fully support them jacking up the shield on your max's.
Old 2003-09-19, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

I think some of you (morat) are under the mistaken impression that the MAX shield stays on while firing... it dont, it was originally designed like that, but now it just turns off when you fire (which aint too helpful cos when you are firing its a high probability your being shot at or are about to be shot at)

The personal shield is not that much good, but thats just my point, its a smaller version of the MAX shield, so you lot out there that are saying the personal shield sucks, thats exactly how the MAX's shield sucks!

And for those that are bitter about us having the JH, god damn, its only as good as the Lancer or the Chaingun, they are just better in different situations.
I personally think all the empires are well matched now, in terms of vechcials (when the upcoming changes to the Prowler, Mag and Van come into effect), weapons and MAX's.

The *only* think i believe is that the NC's shield ability is pants.

So there.

Old 2003-09-19, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Well i'll agree the technology is flawed, but then again, aren't the VS the ones with the uber technology ;p

And yes the Lasher and MCG have their strengths but since they moved the MCG to the cone field of fire, it just sorta sucks, not good up close (at least not as good as the other two) and definently not good far away. The only thing it has going for it is that it has a 100 round clip. I'll take the cycler with its smaller cone of fire and no additional cert points anyday of the week.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion