NC MAX's Sheild ability - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Community even Lassie would join!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Does the NC MAX's sheild suck ?
Oh yes, dear god, it sucks!!! : replace it with something more useful! 12 29.27%
Oh be-jezus, its soo sucky!!! : beef it up somehow! 12 29.27%
No, it does not suck. (but then again, im TR or VS) 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-09-12, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

NC MAX's Sheild ability

My god, im sorry to bring this up again, but does the NC MAX's sheild abilty really suck, or what!!!????

I would not mind so much if it stayed active while shooting, but, when you need it the most, in a firefight, if i shoot back, it just turns itself off... hmmm... nice, so my options on confronting an nmy are :
1) power up the sheild and stand there like a good little target while i get shot.
or
2) shoot back and dont bother with the sheild....

They need to do something about that, at least, dear god, allow it to stay on while im shooting back...

Last edited by shadowseed; 2003-09-12 at 06:11 AM.
Old 2003-09-12, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
CunningLinguist
Private

I agree, compared to the other empire's abilities, it IS underpowered. However, it still serves some purpose. I've used a max a time or two, and i use the shield when i have to run across an open area or am attacked by something i can't fire back at (ie, reaver while in a scattermax). But other than that, it's fairly useless.
Old 2003-09-12, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rightwing
First Sergeant

i like using it when a magmower is coming at me, i click it on and he mows right over me
Old 2003-09-12, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CraZy
Sergeant

NC MAX underpowered you crazy?his anti-infantry version and others are most powerfull and can even fight with tank head-to-head....not the weak VS MAX with Pulsar little rifle
Old 2003-09-12, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by CraZy
NC MAX underpowered you crazy?his anti-infantry version and others are most powerfull and can even fight with tank head-to-head....not the weak VS MAX with Pulsar little rifle
Nooo... your Crazy! ;-)

Seriously though, the VS MAX dont have to fight a tank head on, it can just leap up onto a tree!!!.

And the pulsar rifle can mow down people much quicker than the scattercannon. Ive seen it happen!.

Im not saying the weapons are not balanced (as i think they are), im saying the special ability for NC is a pile of steaming turd.

Old 2003-09-12, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i think they ether let u shoot while the shield is up*cause of the capacter ull still loses shield and getting shoot removes shield 2*
or let the max something like a mix of the tr and vs special abilltys, let are max be able 2 have a good stream of fire while avoiding shoots, personally i dont care as long as its better then what we got now.

*srry for spelling mistakes*
Old 2003-09-12, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

The NC Max shield is useful to not have to deal with getting shot with turrets on base approach while running. It's also nice to have on when you can't be watching your back while defending a tower, for example.

I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but it has its uses. The VS have the same thing. A special ability that isn't directly offensive, but more utilitarian.
Old 2003-09-12, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CraZy
Sergeant

i would like to have normal rockets cause with em you can do indirect damagew.
Old 2003-09-12, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Personal Shield + NC MAX shield == tough to kill

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-09-12, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Veteran
Personal Shield + NC MAX shield == tough to kill

Personal Shield + VS MAX camp == tough to kill
Personal Shield + TR MAX jump == tough to kill

So whats new ?

Old 2003-09-12, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Meh. The shield isn't useless, but it's not all that usefull either. When I had a couple MAXs a while back I found it was helpfull in a few non combat situations, and that's about it. Gimme the TR lockdown or VS jump anyday. Oh well either way I can't stand the artificially imposed shitty turn rate in MAXs anyway so I guess even if all three MAXs had shield, lockdown and jumpjets I'd still be rolling along in my tank

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-12, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

The sheild has its uses, but much less than the VS or especially TR. The not getting hurt by turrets is ok, but u usually take some damage because it runs out 2 fast...and it duznt last long enuff on tower assualts 2 be a good defensive sheild. I think it should either last longer or you should be able 2 shoot through it.
Old 2003-09-12, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Madcat170
Sergeant

I think the NC and VS Max Special Abilities are Designed to fight the TR special Ability

NC MAX: put sheild up and walk at the TR MAX when sheild goes down start firing and get in his face, hopefully getting him mostly dead and killing him with his own splash damage.

VS MAX: Much more cheaky way, jump up and find a way behind em and start shooting em in the back, by the time they have turned around they should all be dead.

The NC MAX Ability is designed to fight against the VS MAX's ability because the VS MAX will jump in an attempt to make the NC max miss more while the VS MAX can still hit the slow moving NC MAX quite easily. to fight it they turn on the sheild and take damage till the VS MAX lands and probally has to reload or will do soon, thus making it an easy vunerable target.

Tactical shinyness *Dances*
Old 2003-09-12, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

It seems that Smokejumper is thinking about NC MAX shields as well.

Click here.
Old 2003-09-12, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Madcat170
I think the NC and VS Max Special Abilities are Designed to fight the TR special Ability

NC MAX: put sheild up and walk at the TR MAX when sheild goes down start firing and get in his face, hopefully getting him mostly dead and killing him with his own splash damage.
So what your saying, is if my slow ass max's sheild holds out long enough to get close enough to the nmy MAX, than NC MAX's only use is agains TR MAX's. Great.

VS MAX: Much more cheaky way, jump up and find a way behind em and start shooting em in the back, by the time they have turned around they should all be dead.
Again, providing he just does not move, i get the chance to turn around. Nice.

The NC MAX Ability is designed to fight against the VS MAX's ability because the VS MAX will jump in an attempt to make the NC max miss more while the VS MAX can still hit the slow moving NC MAX quite easily. to fight it they turn on the sheild and take damage till the VS MAX lands and probally has to reload or will do soon, thus making it an easy vunerable target.
So by this, your saying the NC MAX's special ability is there to help it defend against other MAX's special abilitys, while TR & VS MAX's special abilitys help them to fight against everything...

Hmmm... i see your point.... NOT!!!!

PS: What a suprise, this guy is TR....

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion