The NC. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: War is like a box of chocolates. Dark, Random and Delicious.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-14, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
I'm an avid Lancer supporter. Some people say it's crap. Sure, it coudln't kill a tank even if the tank stood still, the driver got out, and handed you some more lancer ammo, but neither can any of the AV weapons. I would dump HA before I dumped AV.

A-men. I cant tell you how nice it is to snipe a locked-down TR MAX at 200+ meters, and they die before even knowing whats going on
Old 2003-12-14, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
TeraHertz
Major

So tell me. Whats the pulsar's advantage? At the moment, I amen't seeing it.
Seriously. Tell me, I want to know. I would LOVE a guass over my lasher.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Today I learned a lot about NC weapons. I finally went off to emerald and created an NC character. I didn�t create one on Werner, because I still don�t think you should be able to so
I have been convinced since I started playing this game that a person's opinion about game balance is totally worthless unless they have spent a lot of time playing all sides
Old 2003-12-14, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TeraHertz
Major

Depends if your a slow learner or not.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Remember those posts about how the NC aircraft must have more armor.....

Slow learner.....

No more nerf/whiny bullshit please. If you need help killing with the vanu weapons I recommend support classes, that way you can be an asset to your empire. Or you could just distract the enemy and play the role of 100 hp bullet sponge.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

I just wanna say that from what I heard NC pwnz Emerald so it's not really the best place to test it
try it on the same server as you always play.
as for the MAXs, they're not too bad but I wouldn't call them 1337. the phoenix is so popular despite it's sane TTK for the simple reason the once you heard the "UMPH!" the max makes when you hit it, you can't de-cert it! it's too fun. yeah NC has a small advantage in CQB but outdoors it has a harder time. again, the differences are tiny.
Old 2003-12-14, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I'll agree about the gauss. I will screw up anyone with that thing.

I do think that NC does have the best weaponry for infantry. If you want to be a grunt, NC is the place to be. However, 1 Magrider versus 10 infantry equals 10 dead infantry. Having the most advantageous infantry doesn't mean much in a war where you can get 2 vehicles for 3 cert points.

I don't think the VS have much to complain about. I think the magrider is the best tank, and they definitely have the best MAX's. The only thing holding them back is they have less people than the NC(which if they did have equal numbers, the Emeried NC would get owned daily).

By the way, VS on Emerald, you might want to find out about this arse hole (below), and his outfit. Not that there?s probably much you can do about them spying on your CR5s though .
How do you know he's spying on VS cr5's? Its not hard to anticipate, or use reveal enemies, look at hotspots, or have people report to you situations(I report things an average of every 10 minutes, if I find an AMS, etc). Saying they called in reinforcements doesn't mean much, since once or twice I've talked to the enemy, and they say, "Oh we've got more coming. You'll see." Nothing wrong with that. When its slow and empires want to fight, its easy to see that happen.

As for the pulsar, its good for running and gunning. You can't run and shoot with the gauss very well. I'll admit running and gunning isn't as advantageous though.
Old 2003-12-14, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Doppler
Contributor
Major

The pulsar is nice because its cone is super tight, which allows a lot more movement while gunning, and the dual ammo is awesome, and I'd much rather have your max's over mine.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-14, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by BDMJ
Remember those posts about how the NC aircraft must have more armor.....

Slow learner.....

No more nerf/whiny bullshit please. If you need help killing with the vanu weapons I recommend support classes, that way you can be an asset to your empire. Or you could just distract the enemy and play the role of 100 hp bullet sponge.

Oh you mean this one posted on the 11th of November eight days after I started playing?
My squad see and engage many aircraft of all types belonging to the TR. I don't see so many NC aircraft, but is it me or are NC aircraft more heavily armoured? Maybe its just my imagination.
That post was a question, not a statment, to which you replied

Originally Posted by BDMJ
Ok, for the record:

COMMON POOL VEHICLES ARE IDENTICAL, REGARDLESS OF WHICH EMPIRE FIELDS THEM!
Considering I was in a shit Outfit at the time, who gave me bad info, including (but not only) "be careful of the NC, their infantry move faster" they it did kind of fuck up my understanding of empire differences while I was with them, yes.
Old 2003-12-14, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
I just wanna say that from what I heard NC pwnz Emerald so it's not really the best place to test it
I agree it wasnt a scientific test, but like I said, I don't agree with the multiple empires per server, so I'd be a hypocrite doing it myself
Old 2003-12-14, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Kikinchikin

All factions-fine

nuff said quit bitching
Old 2003-12-14, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Doppler
The pulsar is nice because its cone is super tight, which allows a lot more movement while gunning, and the dual ammo is awesome, and I'd much rather have your max's over mine.

The cone isn't super tight. maybe they changed it since youused it last. It's tight if you fire one shot bursts while crouched, other than that...
Old 2003-12-14, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Ok since i have been playing VS,NC,TR since beta ill tell you guys what weapons are the best
Medium: TR cycler owns, Gauss is second, Pulsar i find is very hard to kill anything with (but thats jus me)
Heavy : NC jackhammer is still best weapon, and i think theres a tie for 2nd place between the Lasher and MCG both good weapons
Tank: Magrider can kill anything from air to ground,Vanguard is second for its truely devestating main gun, and prowlers are still great so i think they are tied with vanguard for its ability to mow down jus about anything
Buggy: TR marauder is 1st for its a great transport/Attack buggy, NC enforcer is 2nd for it can kill any land veh fairly well other then heavy tanks, 3rd is the VS thresher with i found to be ok but not the best buggy in the Auraxis world
AV weapon: VS lancer i love it can take out anything from air to land, NC phoniex great for taking out TR anchered Maxs at a distance, TR striker is the worst AV weapon ever witch i think all empires think is shit (for now)
Maxs: VS maxs OWN ALL they have great speed and can kill anything, NC maxs is great for indoors for scatter and falcon and can own all aircraft out there, TR maxs arent the best anymore but can get the job done i find that the Burster MAX is great since it can take out a mosq and a reaver in a clip (that is if you get all of the shots in)

so thats my thoughts on all of the empire specific weaponary
Old 2003-12-14, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Spee
Colonel

So tell me. Whats the pulsar's advantage? At the moment, I amen't seeing it.
Seriously. Tell me, I want to know. I would LOVE a guass over my lasher.

I myself prefer the pulsar over the lasher. Bigger clip, does more damage to AV in AV mode than the lasher sstandard shots*, And good projectile speed. I'm a support class at the moment, and wouldnt give my pulsar for anything. It's versatility in combat situations is unmatched. Im not saying that you can galavant about in agile armor and take out tanks with it, but its the best non-AV MA weapon out there, as in the time it takes for a TR or NC to change thier clip to AV ammo, a pulsar has already empties half of its clip in AV mode. True, you dont get much supression with it (lashing) but in those situations where you turn a corner, and theres an enemy with his gun drawn and surprised, you will pwnz him.

Same thing with the beamer. Best sniper-pistol ever.

*Im pretty sure, anyways.
Old 2003-12-14, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Terra it looks to me like you've done nothing but the get go since starting to play and coming to the boards then bitch about weapons balance, it's a chronic problem with you. Maybe you should go to the OF forums, you'd fit in better there.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion