The NC. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In regular and extra strength.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-12-14, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TeraHertz
Major

The NC.

Today I learned a lot about NC weapons. I finally went off to emerald and created an NC character. I didn�t create one on Werner, because I still don�t think you should be able to so.

The first thing I found was that the NC talks sh*t when they say their maxs are crap. I cruised around a base in my scat max blowing away TR left right and centre. One comical moment occurred when an agile tried to run from me up the stairs, seemingly forgetting maxs can run. His macros of �help help� only brought more lambs to the slaughter. Toggle run, untoggle, activate sheild, kill. That got me about 3 battle ranks in 10 mins.

After continued investigation into weapons I discovered that the gauss is amazing. It OWNS the pulsar. The pulsar needs a big buff to get anywhere near it�s prowess. Devs, give the VS the gauss, its wasted on the NC, they all play with their noobhammers. I really want a gauss. If I had one I�d probably ditch the lasher.

The NC AT weapon is also a powerful device. While it�s ammo restrictions appear to balance it, it is a lot of fun to use, and also effective. I had a great time wiping out maxs, confusing the hell out of prowlers by flying rockets upwards, then slamming them down on their roofs, and chasing reavers.

I didn�t use the jackhammer as an NC, since I already have a lot of experience with that weapon from picking them up off dead bodies. We all know the JH is insanley powered.

In conclusing, I believe the NC have the best MA. They have the best AV, and they have the best HA. Their maxs are far from useless, but until I get the certs freed up on Emerald I reserve judgement. Though at the moment I would say I have never feared another max more while in a max suit, and been so safe from infantry.
The pulsar needs something done to it, it may have an AV option that can be quickly switched too, but I think that is a throw back from the begining of PS, at a time where this kind of AV fire was worth a damn. I was owning Lasher users with the guass, don't try to tell me that should happen.

By the way, VS on Emerald, you might want to find out about this arse hole (below), and his outfit. Not that there�s probably much you can do about them spying on your CR5s though .

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-12-14 at 07:33 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion