Discussion on CR5's - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What gets NC guts off your bumper?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2006-02-25, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

TR Markov isn't too bad. Other empires I know are just fine compaired to mine. Very organized and quiet.

OS's are pretty.....common. I mean I know lots of people who are CR5 but never lead anything globaly but just sit and chill OSing enemy targets. He fixes one problem and makes another.

I personally can't wait until I get CR5, even though it will come in a year for me. But leading a squad, much less an entire army, I can't hold the pressure. It always slides two ways: they love you or they hate you.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2006-02-26, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by SC385
i try to lead but no one ever listens unless you get a big majority of the cr5s to agree over global with you. if you dont get backed up then your com's dont get any attention. And its all because of the cr5 spam. so much pointless shit that no one cares when there is something important up there.
Aye. They need to bring the hammer down more - people broadcasting their favorite sports team winning, or their own personal congratulations to someone for hitting a merit goal or something.. that all has to go. If it's not command remove their CR5 abilities and make them stuck at 4.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-02-28, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

My two cents on CR5 (or any CR in this game).

First, I don't think OS's, emp blasts, ect.... have any place in this game. It's the feature that i hate most about this game. if they need to exist, i think only 1 person per empire should be able to do it (gives a tactical reason for an empire leader).

2nd, I think there should be only 1 person that can broadcast globally at a time and possible only 1 or two that can broadcast per continent.

They could do this by an election process by all CR5's online at the moment. If the person who is voted to speak for the empire logs off, another election happens.

Or have a World of Warcraft ranking type system (your rank is determined realtive to the global population, not a fixed exp amount... kinda like being graded on a bell curve in collage) the person with the highest rank online at the time can be the only one to broadcast.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2006-02-28, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

That PVP ranking system in WoW is the devil

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-02-28, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
PizzasRgooD
Private

Elections suck. You cannot rely on a majority of people to make a good decision.
I don't think orbital strikes are that bad. It's probably because I wasn't around when only a few people made it to CR5 and os was very rare, but I usually see about 3 os per base battle and they don't seem to be very effective in changing the course of the battle, even when hitting ams'es or the like.
EMP blasts, are those the weird colored explosions that go off sometimes but never hurt me or anyone else?
I guess it's just because I'm new to the game, but I really don't see the problem. I wouldn't care either way though, if they were gone or not.

About broadcasting, everyone has to be able to broadcast, it's the only way to eg warn people of a bd breach, or to ask the primary, whatever. I've never seen it spammed, because I don't consider 2 lines of bs to be spam (the sport scores or merit gained thing). People usually spam in the squad or platoon chat.
Old 2006-02-28, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kikinchikin

Back when I played (stopped about 2 years ago), I was one of maybe 150 CR5's on the TR for Emerald. Even then we had problems with spam, but overall everything worked pretty well. That was one reason why I stopped playing though. That and my outfit broke up.
Old 2006-02-28, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by PizzasRgooD
I don't think orbital strikes are that bad. It's probably because I wasn't around when only a few people made it to CR5 and os was very rare, but I usually see about 3 os per base battle and they don't seem to be very effective in changing the course of the battle, even when hitting ams'es or the like.
If you played back when there were only 1 or 2 cr5, it was great... if someone wanted to take out an AMS they actually had to use tactics and charge attack it. Tower fights were much different because you could run an AMS outside of it and it would last longer than 5 seconds because it wouldn't be OS'ed. Also, the OS'ing the vehicle pad gets rather old. If someone wants to kill everyone there, take a risk and attack it with a plane, thumper or whatever not just stealth in a base with your CR tool and call in an OS with little or no risk.

The other night we were trying to move into a relitively lightly defended base (maybe 20 badguys in there) and 6 of our AMS's got OS'ed within 5 minutes. There shouldn't have been enough people there to field 6 CR5s... We could have had some good fights over taking out the AMSs, but no... the cheeseball OSs took them out.
EMP blasts, are those the weird colored explosions that go off sometimes but never hurt me or anyone else?
If you were a combat engineer you would feel differently. Nothing worse than spending 10 minutes setting deployables in just the right spots around a base or tower, then have some dude emp blast the place in 1 second and ruin all your work. If someone wants to use a jammer... fine, but at least I can take that dude out before he destroys all my work.... emp blasts take no skill.
About broadcasting, everyone has to be able to broadcast, it's the only way to eg warn people of a bd breach, or to ask the primary, whatever. I've never seen it spammed, because I don't consider 2 lines of bs to be spam (the sport scores or merit gained thing). People usually spam in the squad or platoon chat.
I'm talking about Global and Continental Broadcasts that only the CR5's can do, not the /b channel

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2006-02-28, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Man, I wrote a very detailed analysis of the real problem and a possible solution, neither of which has even been mentioned in this thread. After an hour of writing it, Mozilla crashed and I lost it.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2006-02-28, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Nitsch

If you were a combat engineer you would feel differently. Nothing worse than spending 10 minutes setting deployables in just the right spots around a base or tower, then have some dude emp blast the place in 1 second and ruin all your work. If someone wants to use a jammer... fine, but at least I can take that dude out before he destroys all my work.... emp blasts take no skill.
EMP blasts only destroy your mines, unless you are stupid enough to deploy with your spits and MS's within their blast radius.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2006-02-28, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
This is why on Emerald TR many coordinated outfits or outfits desiring an organized central sort of command have joined with ULTRA, the longest-running alliance in the history of Planetside (since before retail launch). We all fit on one Teamspeak server and we coordinate efforts via channel commander, and also on the alliance forums.
Team Ultra FTW, TDC 4 Life

(meh I will never get CR5 cuz i'd rather recieve orders than give them at this point in my Planetside career. TR CR5s suck, i only listen to the ones in Ultra or ones I know and trust their judgement.
Old 2006-02-28, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
BadDogEDN
Private

Misc Info

You should only be able to be cr5 if you are an outfit leader or at least in an outfit i hate all the losers that are cr5 and have no outfit. and there should be a set limit of cr5s that can talk per outfit as well, each outfit should pick a set amount to be able to global at a one time.
Old 2006-02-28, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Just curious....how many people here that play PS are CR5, broadcast like crazy (or just broadcast like a civilized being), and OS whenever the timer runs out.

How many are not CR5 but are working or plan to work to CR5?

For the people not CR5 yet, get back to me after a month of being CR5.

OS's I don't mind, maybe a higher wait time to fix that. EMP's are alittle pissy because they blow up AMS's (yes?), broadcasts are all that really piss me off. Fix that and I'll be very kool with CR5's.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2006-03-01, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe they're should be a commander in chief and a cabinet and they should be able to ban people from using the global comm for spam.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-01, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
GPman
Private

Most are ruining the game I have found. I was in a nice solid big battle doing my support work. Then some big global post of "we are taking over Hossin. Hossin is Primary leave Cyssor now! They are so busy fighting over Cyssor that we can roll over Hossin easily." So what happens, tons of people leave letting our base get over run in minutes.

Just because one person has a battle plan it doesn't mean everybody needs to follow them. If we are in a big fun battle who the hell cares who owns what continent. You will leave and come back tomorrow and it will all be different anyway. Isn't this game all about individual fun battles since continental and mod benefits are fleeting? Atleast that is what it is to me.

Don't get me wrong, I will join up a battle that is to make these big gains. But I sure as heck won't leave a good battle just to get them. Just too many people are willing to follow them to easy boring no battle wins.
Old 2006-03-01, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
BadDogEDN
Private

Misc Info

Hey for next time you go to cyssor... get off cyssor its a lost cause and we need you on oshur!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion