How to fix the AV MAX - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your hand is bigger than your face you have cancer
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-18, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Re: How to fix the AV MAX

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
Maybe it's right, but the projectiles now bounce
Seriously?
Old 2013-04-18, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Looks like the tr got the best of the buffs again. They can do 2600 damage before a reload. Vs get 1400 damage per clip and nc get 1350 per clip.
Factor in the damage over time. The NC can put out that 1350 damage in a way less amount of time than the TR can.

I can often get away from a TR max. I don't see the same when infantry come up against a NC max.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I would have happily taken the velocity buff, or the magazine buff and damage nerf. But both? I didn't think the Comets were bad in the first place.

Frankly, I think the only MAX changes really needed were to completely nerf MAX AI damage to other MAXes.
I worry about the changes to the Comet (I do play dual Comets on an alt char). The big issue is that there is now no chance of a "one salvo kill" when running dual; a big issue against infantry. Who is going to stand around and wait for the second salvo?

The velocity buff is good, but overall I fear that they have turned the Comet into a zero drop version of the old Pounder. Pretty lame, in other words. Maybe I am wrong; will test tonight.

EDIT - I take this back; the Comet is actually pretty decent. You can get 2 salvos away quickly, with a little recoil between shots. Only tested in VR so far but first impressions are that Comets have the potential to be pretty useful against infantry. We'll see.

BUT having reduced the damage they forgot to increase the ammo count!

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-04-18 at 06:06 PM.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
Factor in the damage over time. The NC can put out that 1350 damage in a way less amount of time than the TR can.

I can often get away from a TR max. I don't see the same when infantry come up against a NC max.
^ this. My victims often don't realise the danger they are in until they get 2 armour piercing rounds through the rib cage; dead. Really looking forward to playing the new Falcon with it's faster velocity and improved trajectory
Old 2013-04-18, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Falcon_br
Captain

We complained with the pounders gravity and they increased it!?!? I feel like I al firing bricks now!
Well, we received more shots, I think the TR maxes will be LA with C4, just get close for the kill without flying and you will win,
But of course we need to field test it, just looking for the status we can't get the right idea of what changed.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-18, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
We complained with the pounders gravity and they increased it!?!? I feel like I al firing bricks now!
Well, we received more shots, I think the TR maxes will be LA with C4, just get close for the kill without flying and you will win,
But of course we need to field test it, just looking for the status we can't get the right idea of what changed.
I honestly thought that this was a typo, but they really have increased it.

F***ING IDIOTS!

Unusable at anything other than close range. I'm giving up on Pounders.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-04-18 at 05:56 PM.
Old 2013-04-18, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It might be just the huge flaming orbs we now fire and were never mentioned but it feels slower even tho the projectile speed was changed.
Will take a little getting use to but I didnt mind a little bit of the arc we use to have.
Old 2013-04-18, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Well I've tested out all 3 now, running as Dual.

Verdict.

Falcon is now even more deadly against infantry. Still a one salvo kill and better velocity and trajectory. Happy times ahead! Edit - the only downside is that the projectiles are now highly visible, giving the target a little time to dodge. Seems fair enough though.

Comet is better than I expected; the fire time between the 2 rounds is quite short, and the lack of drop and higher velocity should make Comets quite efficient at killing infantry (although nowhere as good as Dual Falcons). There is a little recoil to deal with, but not much. However, having reduced the damage per round they forgot to increase the ammo count. Doh. Despite this I'll be giving the new Comets a decent trial.

BUT they've completely and utterly ruined the Pounder; not that it was any good in the first place. What I thought was a typo for the new gravity is in fact the correct figure. Increased from 2 to 10! Utterly useless, and I'm not using Pounders any longer. Misery.

So congratulations SoE, you've buffed the strongest AV MAX weapon against infantry, and nerfed the weakest. What a joke; if my main char was TR I would be fuming. Happily for me Dual Falcons is my favourite loadout.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-04-18 at 06:31 PM.
Old 2013-04-18, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
hammsammich
Private

I run a TR max and yes, the pounders are even more worthless. I just don't understand the decision to do that.
Old 2013-04-19, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Qwan
Captain

Liking the new Vanu max comet feel now, still havent had a chance to take on a tank yet but, Ill go to the Virtual training ground and see how it feels. Reload is better and magazines size is alot nicer. Thanks guys I might acutally use my max a little more.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Really not liking the change to the Falcons, with those fireballs causing a total eclipse I can hardly see my target after I fire.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Falcon_br
Captain

I heard they nerfed all av maxes weapons so in GU 08 when the maxes will receive an "update", they will receive new anti armor weapons.
If they made the old ones good, nobody would buy the new ones.
And everyone know now that they always nerf the old item one update back, because if they had nerfed the old pump action and released the new one at the same time, people would had gone mad, like I did.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-20, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Stardouser
Colonel

While I am not currently a TR player I am willing to say that a longer magazine doesn't make up for the arc.

That said, av max is still offensively a lot weaker and less capable than heavy assault, except maybe comets. Is the armor of maxes justification for not being as hard hitting as HA?
Old 2013-04-20, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

I wonder if the new Falcon visual is in preparation for the NS grenade launcher, which the old visual would fit well.

I was surprised at first when I fired my Falcon after the update.
Old 2013-04-20, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dodgy Commando View Post
I wonder if the new Falcon visual is in preparation for the NS grenade launcher, which the old visual would fit well.

I was surprised at first when I fired my Falcon after the update.
I think that the new visual is in fact a subtle nerf; must be easier to see the projectiles coming; gives infantry a chance to dodge if they are quick.

Not that I'm complaining; velocity is up and gravity down, so landing shots on tanks and Sunderers at range is easier.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion