Lock-On Rocket Launchers Blocked by Infantry - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So how do I get to this PSU site, again?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-04, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: Lock-On Rocket Launchers Blocked by Infantry

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
Didn't higby recently state that the were thinking of increasing the RoF on the striker rockets?

Either way Striker is the highest DPS lock-on launcher so I don't really know why you would complain too much. It has its downsides to negate is upside... some would say it is balanced.
People are saying that the last patch decreased the RoF of the striker.
Because they fix it (and the pop up shotgun), it was supposed to fire faster, so they nerfed it to stay the same way it was bebore.
But people are complaining that now it take 0.1 seconds more to unload all rocket.
It is not something really bad, but the truth is, the striker still need attention.
But the most broken weapon is still the t7 minigun, nerfed because it was going to instant fire, the instant fire never came and the weapon is worst them even, not even a distant shadow of the t7 from beta... and I am so close to get auraxis with it, but I can´t handle it, I would better use my pistol!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-04, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
Didn't higby recently state that the were thinking of increasing the RoF on the striker rockets?

Either way Striker is the highest DPS lock-on launcher so I don't really know why you would complain too much. It has its downsides to negate is upside... some would say it is balanced.
I'm not complaining about the Stryker. Besides the aforementioned bug where they fire 'ghost' missiles that do nothing, it's a great weapon!

I'm complaining about the lock-on feature. It has some huge issues.

-Allow the launchers to lock onto any part of a vehicle (not just the center)
-Not lose lock from infantry or other extremely small/thin objects getting in the way
-The lock-on time resets ENTIRELY if you lose the lock, and then start locking again, as opposed to just slowing it down

Last edited by Tom Peters; 2013-05-04 at 03:33 AM.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

While the locks on does sound annoying I can't say I can sympathize with you TR too much. Enough strikers will wreck anything in the immediate vicinity.
Had to make a specific loadout for fighting TR on my Harasser hehe, I got IR smoke maxed just for you guys I hope you feel special!
Old 2013-05-04, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

i tested the annihilator in vr and noticed that problem as well. it is really annoying!

if any soldier walks in front of you, you lose lock. even when your reticule isn´t blocked at all and you have free sight through the optics on your target.
i lost lock several times and couldn´t see anything blocking until i zoomed out and noticed that there was a max standing beside me whose weapon sometimes waved a little in front of me, but not really between me and my target.

this should really be adjusted. make it at least that lock will stay for 1 or 2 seconds when blocking occurs.

lockon needs a lot of time, and when you are playing in a crowded area you cannot get a lock at all because every bypasser makes the lockon restart again.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-04, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
While the locks on does sound annoying I can't say I can sympathize with you TR too much. Enough strikers will wreck anything in the immediate vicinity.
Had to make a specific loadout for fighting TR on my Harasser hehe, I got IR smoke maxed just for you guys I hope you feel special!
Enough of pretty much anything will wreck anything in the immediate vicinity

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Enough of pretty much anything will wreck anything in the immediate vicinity
Players' framerates are not exempt from this either.
I used to count myself lucky to get 20FPS. Now I get 30FPS minimum on lowest! Haha!

Sorry, I just prefer being able to play to looking at excellent graphics and PhysX about twice a second.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion