Lock-On Rocket Launchers Blocked by Infantry - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spoons > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-01, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Lock-On Rocket Launchers Blocked by Infantry

Anyone else notice this problem?

Having just recently picked up the Stryker, I've already been in several situations where a single infantry unit, be it friend or foe, has walked through my path while I was trying to lock onto a tank and completely screwed me over.

Personally, I don't think an engineer that's over 500 meters away doing circles around a Vanguard while repairing it should break my lock on said Vanguard.

On the same topic, I've found lock on weapons to become less and less appealing because of the fact that it needs to lock onto the dead center of a vehicle, which can make it impossible in some cases to even get a lock.

I was just in a fight with a lightning where I could see over 70% of it but still could not get a lock.

And god help you if you're trying to lock on in any open terrain with trees around.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Lock-On Rocket Launchers Blocked by Infantry

Confirmed annoying. The lock-on box shouldn't be at the center of the vehicle ALL THE TIME anyway. It's what, heat sensitive? Isn't the whole bloody thing a massive furnace, especially engines?
Old 2013-05-02, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Confirmed annoying. The lock-on box shouldn't be at the center of the vehicle ALL THE TIME anyway. It's what, heat sensitive? Isn't the whole bloody thing a massive furnace, especially engines?
Yeah, and I just realized; this issue gets 10x worse if you're trying to lock on at close range. Even if you're still aiming at the vehicle, you will lose lock if you're not DEAD CENTER. Which is really tough against a moving vehicle that's really close.
Old 2013-05-02, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

And... no dumbfire, making it completely useless if you come up against a max. They said they spent a lot of time on tuning these weapons, it would have been nice if they spent a lot of time again sorting out some of the major pit falls of the striker. The pro's don't outweigh the cons at the moment.
Old 2013-05-02, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
And... no dumbfire, making it completely useless if you come up against a max. They said they spent a lot of time on tuning these weapons, it would have been nice if they spent a lot of time again sorting out some of the major pit falls of the striker. The pro's don't outweigh the cons at the moment.
Benefit of having both air and ground lock on. If you pick up one of the ES launchers (grounder/skep for TR) that lock on to only ground or only air, you can dumbfire. The trade off makes sense IMO.
Old 2013-05-02, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Falcon_br
Captain

They could not even fix they targeting towers, so they removed it!
What hope do you have they will fix it on vehicles?

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-02, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
Benefit of having both air and ground lock on. If you pick up one of the ES launchers (grounder/skep for TR) that lock on to only ground or only air, you can dumbfire. The trade off makes sense IMO.
I think the trade off makes sense if the lock on issues were fixed.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
JohnnyRicardo
Corporal

I cant count the number of times i've nearly had the perfect lock on and then some random guy decides to run around like a rabies infected moose in front of me. Hnng.

Not to mention when you have the perfect lock on and you think you fire five missiles of doom against that reaver, just to realise that you have fired five missiles of nothing. It's insanely annoying.
Old 2013-05-03, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

I take it you're talking about the Striker primarily.

It sucks to fight against and it sounds like it sucks to use. Soon as I get a lock on warning I swear, pop smoke or a flare and get out of there, no kill for you.

No body is happy and instead of our paths converging into a fight, they are diverging as I'm moving away and there's no fight.

Lock on weapons suck, you should ask the devs for a different TR ESRL, everyone would probably be happier.
Old 2013-05-03, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

I don't like it. I only use it on my extreme outdoors class, which I almost never use because I usually play engineer outside.
Old 2013-05-03, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I don't have that problem. Instead I have the problem with the pheonix having such a small field of view while in the scope that you often don't see people crossing your path until it's too late and you put a rocket up their butt.

Oops.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JohnnyRicardo
Corporal

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
I take it you're talking about the Striker primarily.

It sucks to fight against and it sounds like it sucks to use. Soon as I get a lock on warning I swear, pop smoke or a flare and get out of there, no kill for you.

No body is happy and instead of our paths converging into a fight, they are diverging as I'm moving away and there's no fight.

Lock on weapons suck, you should ask the devs for a different TR ESRL, everyone would probably be happier.
If it wasn't bugged beyond insanity i wouldnt complain about the striker. When it actually works it's pretty effective in taking down scythes and reavers or scare them away. As a never fly in this game my life became a bit easier with the striker. I guess both NC and the VS hate it like the plague though.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

On topic, soldiers should not be blocking. Maybe have a minimum object width that lock ons ignore (so include trees in that).

Still prefer my Deci

Old 2013-05-04, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
On topic, soldiers should not be blocking. Maybe have a minimum object width that lock ons ignore (so include trees in that).

Still prefer my Deci
Of course, Decimator > everything. But for long range, lock-ons rocket launchers are the only choice for TR.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Didn't higby recently state that the were thinking of increasing the RoF on the striker rockets?

Either way Striker is the highest DPS lock-on launcher so I don't really know why you would complain too much. It has its downsides to negate is upside... some would say it is balanced.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion