Harasser Feedback Thread - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats the recipe for plasma?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-03, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Re: Harasser Feedback Thread

Originally Posted by SDaxxter View Post
But maneuverability, design and Sound is... well, annoying.
Are you saying maneuverability needs a buff? A nerf? Please explain. BTW, I was riding in one almost all day yesterday and I had no problems with the sounds...
Old 2013-05-03, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

I think the addition of the Harraser helps divesify the ground vehicles in the game and fills a needed roll. I think this patch will be the first big boost toward more diverse gameplay, the over all feeling and look of this patch is excellent. IMO of course...
Old 2013-05-03, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Overall this vehicle is a big win for the game.
  • It's fun as hell to gun, both gunner seat and rumble seat.
  • It's extremely versatile due to the above mentioned rumble seat and weapon variety.
  • It's fast as hell, good for quick strike ability.
  • The handling on it is amazing, it drives EXTREMELY well and it has even been re-tuned from test. Fast cross country runs are easily accomplished.

In short: It's fun to drive. It's fun to gun, and the art design and model look dead sexy. Easily a win for SOE and a great addition to the game I cannot wait to see future vehicles.

That being said I do think it's just a little bit to flimsy at times.. but not enough to take away from the fun I was having.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-03, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Overall this vehicle is a big win for the game.
  • It's fun as hell to gun, both gunner seat and rumble seat.
  • It's extremely versatile due to the above mentioned rumble seat and weapon variety.
  • It's fast as hell, good for quick strike ability.
  • The handling on it is amazing, it drives EXTREMELY well and it has even been re-tuned from test. Fast cross country runs are easily accomplished.

In short: It's fun to drive. It's fun to gun, and the art design and model look dead sexy. Easily a win for SOE and a great addition to the game I cannot wait to see future vehicles.

That being said I do think it's just a little bit to flimsy at times.. but not enough to take away from the fun I was having.
I. Love. Handbrake.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

I think the flimsyness of it heightens the intensity of driving like a mad man knowing there is a rocket or bullet that has your name on it in bound somewhere.

I think the other Hummer type vehicle they teased.....

Could be the less flimsy 5-6 person transport vehicle to round out the ground troop transport options. Bringing more diversity to ground vehicle and infantry combat & troop movement.

Now if they can just add a 2 person aircraft.....and give the Galaxy some certs taking away seats for bomb bay doors.....the air would round out nicely was well.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Now if they can just add a 2 person aircraft.....and give the Galaxy some certs taking away seats for bomb bay doors.....the air would round out nicely was well.
Or just make a two person Fighter/Bomber variant of the Liberator with options for Cluster or Guided Bombs...
Old 2013-05-03, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Shogun
Contributor
General

some more feedback:

the cockpitview seems a little off. i think the hood needs to be visible. looking out of a harasser in ps1 felt more correct.
but i don´t like the cockpitview on all the vehicles. can´t name what is wrong, it just feels weird in ps2.

but the harasser is the most fun vehicle we have so far! great addition!

now for the aircrafts, please make a common pool aircraft for one pilot (no gun) with two max capable rumble-wings and a tailgunner. ( like the thing had, the bountyhunters used to hunt riddick on that ice planet)

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-03, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Or just make a two person Fighter/Bomber variant of the Liberator with options for Cluster or Guided Bombs...
Thies would be a welcome alternative also! A Libereaver or a Reaverator..or something NS..either way...

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-05-03 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Goliith
Private

I put a couple hours into the Harasser yesterday, as well as 1,600 Certs and 750 SC on Lumifiber.

I love the vehicle, I love the speed, the handling, the armor, the turbo, the weapons, the rumble seat. I love almost every aspect of the vehicle.

I have only two complaints/requests. I wish the wheels would 'clip' with the world better, as it's INCREDIBLY easy to flip a harasser if you touch a bump right at the start or landing of any kind of jump/air time. (You can also drive through doorways like a flash, your wheels no-clip through the walls)

That and the sound of the engine, I wish the vehicle had a 'transmission' so to speak so the sound would change at different speeds, like the flash has.

In reguards to another play mentioning a 5-6player ground transport, I don't see that as a possibility in Planetside 2, as there is simply no room for it. The Sunderer is far to fast for there to be room for a 5-6 player transport that would not be TOO fast for it capacity, in Planetside 1, Sunderers were much slower(As was everything else) So, they hauled 12 people around, but at about 40-50KPH. Now in PS2 they are more along the lines of 65-80KPH(With Racer) In PS1 there was the deliverer, which was a 5 man transport if I recall, and it performed at about 55-60KPH. In PS2, theres no room for that, as the Harasser is now at about 85KPH for 3 people, and Sunderer at about 65+KPH for 12 people.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'd also like the ability to lock my external camera view on the Harasser as well - not sure if this is possible already (I didn't see anything)

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-03, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Binkley
Sergeant

I rode around in a harasser for a few hours last night with a driver who spends lots of time in MBTs and flashes. He's a very good driver and really had fun with the harasser, doing broad-slide 180s, jumps, etc.. Even though I was doing well as the gunner, after a couple hours he didn't want to do it anymore, because he wasn't getting much XP, less than a third of normal for a flash or a Vanguard.

The rumble seat is good for transportation, but it didn't work so well as a three man attack vehicle because the rumble seat is such a dangerous place to be in a fight. When the harasser starts taking fire, the guy in the rumble seat dies quickly. I was killed there many times, often by strikers which seem to kill the rumble occupant on the first rocket (and the rumble seat can't hear the the lock-on warning sound). Even a MAX doesn't last too long there.

The engine sound is very loud and not directional, as other have mentioned.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion