Harasser Feedback Thread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quotes are hard.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-02, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Harasser Feedback Thread

Curious to know how you guys feel about our newest vehicle.

Personally, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the vehicle to be pointlessly redundant due to the existence of the flash, but frankly, I think it's a lot better than the flash. Not only does it seem to be faster (the nc flash has a max speex of like 85, I was doing 90 in this thing), but it also seems to be way more maneuverable. I was pulling turns with the harasser at 80kph that would have easily flipped a flash with no problem. The suspension seems better, as I drove over a hill and got some decent airtime with no damage suffered.

The most important plus I noticed while using it today is that it is indeed a viable form of fast attack harassment. It's main gun isn't the best in the world, but the vehicle itself is so big that people don't ignore it, like they do to flashes. I spent a couple minutes weaving in and out of a TR armor zerg during a big battle, and though my gunner got no kills (though he did get six assists), the zerg threw an awful lot of mana and HA fire at us before a lightning blew us- up meanwhile, our own armor line was bearing down on them. So, while the harasser seems tailor-made to be eaten by tanks and esf's, it can be great for trolling infantry AA and being a distraction.

So, yeah. Those are my thoughts after an hour of playing. How do you guys feel about it?

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-05-02 at 11:10 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Fenrys
Major

Re: Harasser Feedback Thread

Now the upcoming invincible-SCU change makes more sense. A Harasser can just drive straight up to the SCU and compromise it, diffusing all shields and driving over all obstacles.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

It's a fantastic vehicle. Well implemented, fun to use, fun to fight against, and adds a great dynamic to the gameplay.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hypergrip
Private

Played around with it a while now and am mostly happy with it.
I'm a big fan of the "dedicated driver / dedicated gunner" separation. Being able to transport a MAX is nice, too.

Good call giving the Harasser the Proximity Radar instead of the Scout Radar, so it doesn't intrude too much into the Flash's area. Gate Shield Defusor is a very pleasant surprise, I really like that thing.

The (unupgraded) Harasser seems to be a bit faster than a Flash (with Racer Chassis 1). Also the vehicle handles better (less "sliding", seems to be more responsive in general) and seems to be more "forgiving" (I pulled some stunts without a scratch while roaming Amerish where using a Flash would most likely have ended in an explosion). I think some slight adjustments to improve the Flash's base speed and handly would be reasonable.
That said I haven't made up my mind about what chassis I should get for my Harasser; I'm leaning towards Racer at the moment.

One thing however really bugs me about the Harasser: the engine sound is WAY too loud, imho. The sound is louder than any of the other vehicles interior or exterior engine sounds by quite a bit. I hope they will turn that down a notch or two.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Me and an outfit mate on Connery had both saved up to the 10k cert cap in preparation for these vehicles. Once they went live we went crazy on them and maxed out the Turbo, Composite Armor, Scrapper Chassis, and M40Fury with extended magazines.

With a dedicated gunner who was quick to learn we both ended up shredding through enemy lines by driving around the back of some foothills and coming up behind them. They're very much the liberators of the ground.

I will be driving these for a long time to come. :P
Old 2013-05-03, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
JohnnyRicardo
Corporal

After observing "indar drift" at the warpgate it pretty much seems like people enjoy the harasser.
Personally i love the speed, the sexy noice and how easy it is to handle.
Teamed up with a couple of mates and set the waypoint to the VS warpgate just for the lols, didn't take long until a couple of scythes noticed us and blew us straight to hell.

Damn you, scythes!!
Old 2013-05-03, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Falcon_br
Captain

My first impression was:
Omg, that is lame and no use, I hope SOE can make money if that.
Lots of harassers getting out the SW warp gate on Indar to die to the VS on those cliffs, to magriders, to infantry and go on.
My squad was pushing north, when we captured Mao tech plant, the VS started hitting us hard with all vehicles they could get, my lock on launcher could not kill those harassers, but was still effective against magriders and scythes.
So, an outfit member said, time for me to see the harasser, so we split everyone in two harassers ( the other had tanks ), I started getting lots and lots of scythes kills, most of them running to the warp gate and we also running at that direction so they couldn't escape my field of vision, the gunner was also taking down flashes.
The second harasser had a max with fractures, killing the tanks from behind, we attracted the magrider, he turned away from the other harasser and the max delivery the killing blow.
The most awesome part it was we trying to capture back the small south sub base of Mao tech plant, lots of heavies and maxes trying to hit us, so we hit the gas. The shield was up so the driver turned left and climbed a montain impossible to climb with any other vehicle, almost 90°!
The fun part was, the vehicle got stuck on the top of the montain, with no wheels touching the ground, and all those rockets incoming at us, most hitting the montain, some hitting me as a max, but with flak armor on me and composite on the harasser we could hold a bit!
All those yell omg, what do we do, try forward, try reverse!
I said, fuck this, I will push the harasser myself!
Got out the harasser, tried pushing it charging over it, no sucess, hit with melee and it got unstuck! Got inside very fast an we were safe!
Everyone laughing, omfg, I can't believe it worked!
I didn't have so much fun on ps-2 for a long time!

Conclusions: harasser sucks on confined spaces like the SW warp gate on Indar, but on the open ground at the north of Indar, it is awesome! It really need space to do all the maneuver it need to do if they want to win!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-05-03 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Conclusion and grammar.
Old 2013-05-03, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

lol last night we kept seeing Harassers in places they shouldn't be, up inside the middle floors of towers & on the walls of main facilities.
Was hilarious I was pinned down under fire on the walls of AMP station, when a friendly Hass came screaming up the stairs and ran over the guys attacking me

I think some new bollards around the place like we have on the steps of the warp gate or around the SCU in AMP stations will be in the cards.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-03 at 03:36 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

^ That sounds hilarious.
Old 2013-05-03, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

The sound is awful. It is too loud and you can't have any knowledge where it is coming from. I can pretty much pinpoint every noise I hear, but once there is a harrasser around, the sound is coming from "everywhere".

I like that it is good to drive. It looks a bit stupid, like it's floating, but luckily looks aren't everything.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shogun
Contributor
General

harasser is a big win!

it is nicely balanced and has everything!

it is fun to drive,
it is a valid weapon platform with the max rumbleseat
and most important, it prooves that dedicated driver/gunner setup doesn´t stop people from certing a vehicle.

it is basically a classic ps1 prowler stripped off its armor.
a lot of players say driving the harasser brings them the most fun in ps2. and it is basically a ps1 design with a little twist (max rumbleseats instead of another gun-hardpoint)
so why are the devs so afraid to reintroduce more of ps1 fun? the things that worked great in ps1 obviously also work in ps2! it´s that bf3 and cod shit that doesn´t work!

only flaw is the sound/volume thing.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-05-03 at 05:48 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6lN...ature=youtu.be
Old 2013-05-03, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I really enjoy the Harrasser. They're great scous for armour columns (better than flashes). Yesterday, during the afternoon Amerish Alert on Waterson, the H4TZ platoon I was leading originally was going to pull air. But, due to the high air traffic at the warpgate at that time, wI made the commanding decision for the platoon to pull armour. We headed out to Onatha Biolab. Along the way, I told the Harassers to steam ahead and go scout the area for us. I got comms not even a minute later saying that we had enemy air and armour ahead, whereas it would have taken twice or three times as long with flashes. We ended up holding off a damn near full VS platoon at the northern outlook of Onatha for about 10-20 minutes (we only had about half a platoon). I have a feeling that if it weren't for the Harasers, we would have highly underestimated the enemy forces and lost Onatha far quicker than if we didn't have the Harassers.
Old 2013-05-03, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
My first impression was:
Omg, that is lame and no use, I hope SOE can make money if that.
Lots of harassers getting out the SW warp gate on Indar to die to the VS on those cliffs, to magriders, to infantry and go on.
My squad was pushing north, when we captured Mao tech plant, the VS started hitting us hard with all vehicles they could get, my lock on launcher could not kill those harassers, but was still effective against magriders and scythes.
So, an outfit member said, time for me to see the harasser, so we split everyone in two harassers ( the other had tanks ), I started getting lots and lots of scythes kills, most of them running to the warp gate and we also running at that direction so they couldn't escape my field of vision, the gunner was also taking down flashes.
The second harasser had a max with fractures, killing the tanks from behind, we attracted the magrider, he turned away from the other harasser and the max delivery the killing blow.
The most awesome part it was we trying to capture back the small south sub base of Mao tech plant, lots of heavies and maxes trying to hit us, so we hit the gas. The shield was up so the driver turned left and climbed a montain impossible to climb with any other vehicle, almost 90°!
The fun part was, the vehicle got stuck on the top of the montain, with no wheels touching the ground, and all those rockets incoming at us, most hitting the montain, some hitting me as a max, but with flak armor on me and composite on the harasser we could hold a bit!
All those yell omg, what do we do, try forward, try reverse!
I said, fuck this, I will push the harasser myself!
Got out the harasser, tried pushing it charging over it, no sucess, hit with melee and it got unstuck! Got inside very fast an we were safe!
Everyone laughing, omfg, I can't believe it worked!
I didn't have so much fun on ps-2 for a long time!

Conclusions: harasser sucks on confined spaces like the SW warp gate on Indar, but on the open ground at the north of Indar, it is awesome! It really need space to do all the maneuver it need to do if they want to win!
Haha sounds great.

Me and a couple of my enclave buddies were driving around with turbo buggies around the VS WG, and there was a 3/12 gal that kumba stomped one of them, and then we were putting loads of basalisk fire (I would hit it once or twice with the Halberd), and it got hit by a scythe, and I ended up killing it with a final halberd blow.

The vehicle is absolutely fantastic, and who the hell needs shield diffuser? Get turbo on that and you can mount anything (I was able to ramp up the vehicle incline at red ridge comms and landed on the roof of the building across from the spawn room.
Old 2013-05-03, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SDaxxter
Private

That's the thing I have to agree:
Seperation of driver/gunner is good.
Capable as a max Transport - very interesting and useful.
A halberd mounted for full blows or rushing tanks - Nice!

But maneuverability, design and Sound is... well, annoying.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion