If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The best way to waste your time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-03, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Crashbandicoot
Private

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
If they actually do create a PS4 version that has more players than the PC version and decent performance, I'll buy a PS4. I doubt I'll be buying a PS4 though...
same thing with me, the only console I plan on buying is Wii U. other than that I'm perfectly fine with my pc, but the idea that the ps4 will most likely have a population increase gets me kinda annoyed and happy at the same time. basically forcing me to buy a console I don't even want.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

Some people seem to not realize what a disparity in versions will truly mean... it means a segregated population.

Old 2013-05-03, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
camycamera
Major

1. no actual evidence of PS2 going on the PS4.

2. a top-of-the-line gaming PC is more powerful than the PS4.

3. no. 2 means that PC's are leading in terms of technology.

4. no. 3 means that OP's thoughts are invalid.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

so it´s a pure trollthread.

please close.

the op is totally made up from stupid assumptions.

no word from a dev about porting to ps4, and also no word about populationchanges.
so the OP just wants to start a rage about his lies - pardon his "assumptions"

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-03, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Crashbandicoot
Private

I'm not trolling, god damn it I'm asking a legitimate question. How am I making ridiculous assumptions. the devs would be idiots not to port the ps2 to ps4. also the ps4 is perfectly capable of handling planetside 2. that does not mean the ps4 is more powerful and I'm not even saying that. what I'm saying is the the devs are more free to utilize the ps4 to its full potential unlike the pc due to economic issue it places on pc users.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
almalino
First Sergeant

But, but PS2 on PS4 means majority of PS4 population will use laggy TV screens with controllers? That is just wrong for First Person Shooter.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
so it´s a pure trollthread.

please close.

the op is totally made up from stupid assumptions.

no word from a dev about porting to ps4, and also no word about populationchanges.
so the OP just wants to start a rage about his lies - pardon his "assumptions"

it is NOT a troll threads, the assumptions I'm stating are actually LEGITIMATE because it is very much a possibility. the fact the devs are only hinting at possible ps4 port is NOT the point. first of all the devs would be idiots to not do it and I do not think the devs are so by that assumption and there are a lot more, it is safe to say the the ps2 will some day make it's way to ps4. seconds, my argument in no way implies that the ps4 is more powerful than a high end pc. I'm merely stating that optimization for it would be much more hassle free than high end computers because it is one console they are worrying about. do you understand what that installs, that in no way claims the ps4 is more powerful, it is saying that the ps4 is more free to utilize the ps4 to its full potential which is just as good as a high end ps. the reason they can't do it to the same degree for the pc is because the inherent hassle of optimizing it so that it wouldn't be so high end that they lose potential players due to the high demand it places on peoples computers.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
1. no actual evidence of PS2 going on the PS4.

2. a top-of-the-line gaming PC is more powerful than the PS4.

3. no. 2 means that PC's are leading in terms of technology.

4. no. 3 means that OP's thoughts are invalid.

You are not reading my fucking posts carefully enough. top of the line pcs make no difference when only a small population can buy them and play your game. that is why SOE really had to scale down planetside 2 because it would limit the players able to play it. you make it sound as if the ps4 can't handle planetside. the ps4 is more than capable of handling planetside 2. the reason why a pop increase is possible for ps4 more so than pc is because everyone who plays planetside 2 on ps4 will be playing it on one system, that means they don't have to worry too much about optimization unlike a pc. that in no way suggests a ps4 is more capable than a pc, it merely means the devs are more free to utilize the ps4 to it's full potential allowing them to freely increase pop. they could easily do it for a pc technically wise but business wise it is much safer keeping it where it's at.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Koadster
Sergeant Major

PS2 on PS4 would be so bad, I need to prox chat now use my class ability now use thrusters on my ESF.. Oh wait I only have 10 buttons on my inferior controller. Guess ill just be stuck with jump/shoot/reload hahaha. Let me try to accuratly headshot this guy... OH SHIT I pushed my thumbstick a bit too much.. Damn this inaccurate controller.

Also I hope hope hope its crossplatform, I wanna kill console **** so bad. Id pay SC for the privilege of killing them!

Also this is a mmo, which means :O the game will improve. So in 2 years PS4 will be outdated heavily compared to PC and when PS2 can handle more guys PC will be the better platform because of constant evolving tech. People cant buy top end stuff you say? well in 2 years time 'average' PC tech will be better then PS4 with.

You PS4 kids have Killzone (and what a garbage game that is) Go play that.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-03 at 06:33 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
PS2 on PS4 would be so bad, I need to prox chat now use my class ability now use thrusters on my ESF.. Oh wait I only have 10 buttons on my inferior controller. Guess ill just be stuck with jump/shoot/reload hahaha. Let me try to accuratly headshot this guy... OH SHIT I pushed my thumbstick a bit too much.. Damn this inaccurate controller.

Also I hope hope hope its crossplatform, I wanna kill console **** so bad. Id pay SC for the privilege of killing them!

Also this is a mmo, which means :O the game will improve. So in 2 years PS4 will be outdated heavily compared to PC and when PS2 can handle more guys PC will be the better platform because of constant evolving tech. People cant buy top end stuff you say? well in 2 years time 'average' PC tech will be better then PS4 with.

You PS4 kids have Killzone (and what a garbage game that is) Go play that.
A controller actually has 14 buttons on it currently, and with the new pad having a touch pad who knows what that will do. I really hope it does port to ps 4 so people like you will rage even more when you get killed by a controller user.

I find it so funny how so many elitist PC users laugh at console FPS but you miss one very vital thing about FPS games... AWARENESS. If i'm on a pad and i see you first, you are dead whether you got a mouse + keyboard, wii remote or wateva.

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-05-03 at 06:46 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot View Post
You are not reading my fucking posts carefully enough. top of the line pcs make no difference when only a small population can buy them and play your game. that is why SOE really had to scale down planetside 2 because it would limit the players able to play it. you make it sound as if the ps4 can't handle planetside. the ps4 is more than capable of handling planetside 2. the reason why a pop increase is possible for ps4 more so than pc is because everyone who plays planetside 2 on ps4 will be playing it on one system, that means they don't have to worry too much about optimization unlike a pc. that in no way suggests a ps4 is more capable than a pc, it merely means the devs are more free to utilize the ps4 to it's full potential allowing them to freely increase pop. they could easily do it for a pc technically wise but business wise it is much safer keeping it where it's at.
ultra graphics are available to everyone, yet not everyone uses them.
Old 2013-05-03, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
A controller actually has 14 buttons on it currently, and with the new pad having a touch pad who knows what that will do. I really hope it does port to ps 4 so people like you will rage even more when you get killed by a controller user.

I find it so funny how so many elitist PC users laugh at console FPS but you miss one very vital thing about FPS games... AWARENESS. If i'm on a pad and i see you first, you are dead whether you got a mouse + keyboard, wii remote or wateva.
1. uhh ? bullshit much? it takes longer to aim with a controller than with a mouse and the mouse is also more precise.
2. i don't mind planetside 2 being ported to the ps4 sure it will give more money to SOE to improve the game and it will also bring a lot of coverage to the game
3. do you seriously think this game can be cross platform hell no . the only way they could do it would be giving the ps4 user the option to get a mouse+keyboard with the game.
Old 2013-05-03, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Assist
Contributor
Major

You're nuts dude, lol.
Cross platform FPS games will never work, and I believe it's been tried in the past and failed miserably.
Mouse and Keyboard is just faster than any other input method, even a touchpad/stylus variant(because of movement required). The reaction time just doesn't come close to the APM of PC gamers.

I also have no idea what you're talking about with AWARENESS. How is your awareness any different on a PC from a console?

Last edited by Assist; 2013-05-03 at 07:22 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
psijaka
Contributor
Major

This made me smile. Why do you think that we use a mouse rather than a joystick for the vast majority of pointing actions on a PC?

I walked into my son's bedroom yesterday; he was on his xbox playing one of the COD zombie games, and I was immediately struck by how clumsy and robotic the screen movements were.

It will be interesting if PS2 becomes cross platform; it will be lambs to the slaughter.

And my Logitech G700 has more buttons on it than I can shake a stick at; all bindable to any key I wish (but that's not the point, ease of use and accuracy is why a mouse is far superior).

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-05-03 at 10:07 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Just use a mouse and board on the PS4.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion