If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimps not included.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-03, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Crashbandicoot
Private

If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

the Ps4 can easily handle planetside 2 and sense it's one system, they wont have to worry about optimization problems which they had with the pc when they originally tried going for the 3000 cap. Now that the PS4 is out, they are most likely going to shoot for a population increase which could work for ps4 being one system but since the pc has so much optimization issues they have to work around for everyone, do you think they are going to completely skip out on the pc's pop increase? just wondering because from how I see it, if they go for the pop increase for the pc version, they would really be scaling down the number of people currently playing by forcing them to have to shell out tons of money upgrading their computers and almost completely shut out any new players who want to play on a pc version. It's seems a pop increase could only work for the ps4 at the moment an assuming they go ahead with the pop increase (which is very likely they do) then basically the pc will be taking an unfortunate back seat to the console version which would be in my opinion the most insulting way.

Last edited by Crashbandicoot; 2013-05-03 at 04:37 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for pc's?

IBTL
Old 2013-05-03, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

Just stop.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?

Still, if you really are serious about this thing, ps4 won't be good enough to play the game any better than pc. With a lot of optimization, it might be 30fps, but not likely.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Crashbandicoot
Private

Re: If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for pc's?

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
IBTL
it's a legitimate and serious question. if SOE goes for the pop increase for the ps4 port, then most likely the pc version will not due to the hassle it will cause the pc players due to optimization issues and upgrades. pc users would need. I have no factual proof that a pop increase is sure for the ps4 port but assuming by john Smedley's reply on twitter and the fact that it would make sense for them to do it. it's not like the ps4 can't handle a pop increase, they wouldn't have to worry about the optimization problems they have with the pc because the ps4 is one system and is sold relatively cheap compared to gaming pc's and all the upgrades required.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

tldr?

all i can see from it is blah blah blah soe wants ps2 on the ps4 in order to shit on its pc playerbase blah blah blah blah.

No shit sherlock? They shat on their ps1 playerbase in order to chase the cod and battlefield crowd. I have no doubt they'd do it to chase the playstation crowd, too.

also normally i would suggest you find citations but in this case, hahahahahahahahaha.

others might want proof though.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post
Still, if you really are serious about this thing, ps4 won't be good enough to play the game any better than pc. With a lot of optimization, it might be 30fps, but not likely.
I'm not saying anything about it running better, the point of my thread is that with the ps4 they don't have to worry about most of the issues they have with the pc playerbase because they would be making it for ONE main system. they don't have to worry about trying to scale the game back just enough for players to be able to play it without buying an extremely expensive computer. SOE could have increased ps2's population but the only people who would be apart of that population would be those very few with the very best of gaming pc's which would exclude those who do not want to by a whole 2000 dollars worth of a gaming pc and in some cases, ANOTHER gaming just to play planetside. with the ps4, they wouldn't have to worry about those issues because the ps4 is relatively a pc sold cheap which everyone would be using. they have complete freedom to use every ounce of the ps4's resources to the very best of it's abilities unlike pc's due to the economical factor that forces the company to neuter the a top tier pc's full capability.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

You have yet to bring any source for your ramblings.

Its actually save to assume you have none, therefore you are only here to bring drama, therefore i request a ban.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post
(continued) repeating, I am not saying the ps4 version is going to run better than the pc version or is better or anything, I'm merely making the case that SOE is more free to utilize the ps4 capabilities to it's full potential. A high end pc is far more capable but also far more costly to utilize which is the reason they had to scale back planetside 2 in the first place. a pop increase could work on the pc, but that would be extremely costly for the pc players, while it would be far cheaper for players on the ps4 especially sense it's one console they are optimizing it for.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Canaris
Contributor
General

If SOE increases the player population on PS4, what would that mean for the pc's?
nothing

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-03, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
You have yet to bring any source for your ramblings.

Its actually save to assume you have none, therefore you are only here to bring drama, therefore i request a ban.

I'm not on here bringing facts, I'm not saying the ps4 version is for a fact going to get a pop band, I'm saying it's most likely sense it's capable enough and hassle free sense it's one system. I already said that I have no proof, only speculation and through that I am wondering if the pc would stay the same or get a pop increase aswell IF this were to come about, notice how I say IF meaning I'm talking as it were a fact.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shogun
Contributor
General

what ps4 version?

did any dev say anything about a ps4 version?

if not, banhammer for the troll please!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-03, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
nothing
but if the pc version does not get the pop increase then likely that would leave a lot of the pc playerbase a bit upset and would also most likely scare away potential new pc players due to them thinking less population means a lesser project. I'm actually kind of annoyed when I first came about the prospect of them increasing the pop count for the ps4 because recently I bought an entire new gaming computer which cost me a fortune (don't worry It was worth it) but it kinda makes me feel cheated like I could have saved for money on a better version that takes place on a console I originally had no intention of buying. also if the pc version does get the same pop increase, then that would mean a lot of current players are going to have to shell out another 1000 dollars to upgrade to it which I would probably have to do since I don't plan on buying a ps4 or any console, except the wii U.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Illtempered
First Sergeant

If they actually do create a PS4 version that has more players than the PC version and decent performance, I'll buy a PS4. I doubt I'll be buying a PS4 though...
Old 2013-05-03, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Crashbandicoot
Private

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
what ps4 version?

did any dev say anything about a ps4 version?

if not, banhammer for the troll please!
how many times do I have to say this, I already told you guys, I HAVE NO FACTUAL souce on the official announcement of it's release , only the fact that I am sure that the Sony is not made of a bunch of idiots. so by that assumption, we can assume that planetside 2 is set for the ps4. it would be incredibly idiotic of sony not to. understand?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion