Has there been news of a buff for NC MAX? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To reduce stress levels, stay out of the Political Debate Forum
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-15, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: Has there been news of a buff for NC MAX?

Nowhere near as good as other MAXs guns though and even then its medium range at best theres nothing for long range except explosives which don't work that well unless against a packed room
Old 2013-11-15, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Are these the official PS2 forums?
Old 2013-11-15, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Lol
Old 2013-11-15, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Wahooo
Captain

Slugs. With using slugs at the right time and certing into extended mags NC AI is at least equal as TR AI.

Raven's loopy flight path is still dumb and fixing that would make them incredible.
Falcon's buff to muzzle velocity was badly needed, they could still use to be a little bit faster, maybe up to 120 m/s.

NC maxes are far from useless.
Old 2013-11-15, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Nowhere near as good as other MAXs guns though and even then its medium range at best theres nothing for long range except explosives which don't work that well unless against a packed room
Old 2013-11-15, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This is not 4chan, include text with your media.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
Slugs. With using slugs at the right time and certing into extended mags NC AI is at least equal as TR AI.

Raven's loopy flight path is still dumb and fixing that would make them incredible.
Falcon's buff to muzzle velocity was badly needed, they could still use to be a little bit faster, maybe up to 120 m/s.

NC maxes are far from useless.
They are not far from useless they are very close to it as its only short range fights that they have a use and sadly continents have large open areas. If there was a continent that was a huge city with tiny allies and no main street they'd be great.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
If it was then this would have been moved to the MAX sub forums to die. That happens every time I bring out the math.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
War Barney
Sergeant Major

I keep thinking they must buff the NC MAX one day, its so horribly obvious that its worse than all the other MAXs, but sadly it seems the VS just scream *no its find we are just mega pros thats why our MAX always wins* and the TR just scream *no its fine but our everybody knows the TR needs buffs!* meaning the NC MAX gets left worthless.

Hell you'd think it was obvious how bad our MAX is as in every fight I see a ton of TR and VS MAXs but a NC MAX is a very rare sight. Sometimes we pull them for a MAX rush but its normally just to scare people who don't know how useless it is and the real push is done with normal infantry.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Wahooo
Captain

They are not far from useless they are very close to it as its only short range fights that they have a use and sadly continents have large open areas. If there was a continent that was a huge city with tiny allies and no main street they'd be great.
All max AI is bad out in the open. There is a time for slugs and a time for shot and very easy to know which is which or find a terminal to switch or have one arm shot and one arm slugs and be an incredible killing machine.

The way you bitch and complain, FFS go play VS and TR maxes and then post your kill boards to show us how LOL amazing facerollingly OP they are.

YOU SHOW US...
Until then let it the fuck go.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
War Barney
Sergeant Major

All max AI is bad out in the open. There is a time for slugs and a time for shot and very easy to know which is which or find a terminal to switch or have one arm shot and one arm slugs and be an incredible killing machine.

The way you bitch and complain, FFS go play VS and TR maxes and then post your kill boards to show us how LOL amazing facerollingly OP they are.

YOU SHOW US...
lol so now you resort to insulting, that makes you look right. I've tried out the TR and VS MAXs and did pretty damn well, was a while ago now as I play NC as main and don't really play others except now and then if nobody is on, but think I got about 10 or so kills before dying. With a NC MAX I'm lucky to get one kill so I don't even bother with them as I get way more with my heavy.

And all AI sucks? really? you should play a VS / TR MAX sometime, the TR have the miniguns which are great for ranged AI and those comets are pretty damn potent for the VS.

If you're just going to lie and insult please stop posting in this thread.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Wahooo
Captain

lol so now you resort to insulting, that makes you look right. I've tried out the TR and VS MAXs and did pretty damn well, was a while ago now as I play NC as main and don't really play others except now and then if nobody is on, but think I got about 10 or so kills before dying. With a NC MAX I'm lucky to get one kill so I don't even bother with them as I get way more with my heavy.

And all AI sucks? really? you should play a VS / TR MAX sometime, the TR have the miniguns which are great for ranged AI and those comets are pretty damn potent for the VS.

If you're just going to lie and insult please stop posting in this thread.
What did I say as an insult?

So show us, post your kill boards about how great you did in the VS and TR max. Back up your claims. Out doors on all factions most max users us AV weapons even against infantry. IF you had played any TR or VS you'd know this. Don't accuse me of lying when you are the one making claims about shit you haven't done.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Snoopy
Sergeant

NC, you had your fun being OP while the other max sucked... now it's your turn to have the crappy max. Not that it's that bad, anyway...
Old 2013-11-15, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

YOU SHOW US...
That's entirely unnecessary - we have months worth of granular data on the topic.

AI
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=1
AV
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

Last edited by maradine; 2013-11-15 at 01:54 PM.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
typhaon
Sergeant Major

ZOE needs a general speed nerf. ZOE Comet needs several nerfs. Fractures need an AI nerf.

Beyond that, I think MAX balance (and yeah, those aren't insignificant issues) isn't bad.

I'm already very, very effective with NC MAX on almost every hex in the game. The secret... as I've posted many times... is spec/use charge... kinetic 5... and extended mags (no slugs) on whatever gun you choose.

I already feel pretty OP most of the time. If we get a buff AND those things get nerf'd... I'll be a happy camper!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion