Active Subscriber beta cutoff is 8 A.M. Monday - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside: Its like sex but better!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-05, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #301
LegioX
First Sergeant

Re: Active Subscriber beta cutoff is 8 A.M. Monday

Hey im a vet!!! A day 2 vet, but im a vet!!.
Old 2012-08-05, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #302
Emperor
Corporal

Originally Posted by darkfiretwofive View Post
I think there is only so much you can do with the layout of the bases/facility's , the bases and facility's in PS2 will each have a different layout and be much larger with more room
Well, more of what I've noticed isn't with the layout (although PS1 does seem to be less open than what we've seen of PS2; PS1 is like "Hallways and Stairs: The Game,") but with people just pushing their way in without doing things like trying to clear with grenades, or open doors and fire in. Usually that means one or two enemies at the top of a staircase, or inside the door, can just cut people down and people outside can't fire in, because they risk grief points.

I've resigned to mostly standing outside with a BANK and repairing people.
Old 2012-08-05, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #303
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
You know, I've gotta say, even if I don't get in on the first wave (not sure why I wouldn't, but just in case I don't), I'm having fun playing Planetside 1.

Although, from all the talk of 'tactics' that'd been going around on this board I kinda expected something different. Been playing Vanu and it seems like 'tactics' means, "Zerg into a room with as many people as possible; don't worry if you die a lot or block other peoples' lines of fire. After wave after wave of your team manages to kill everyone, crouch behind some boxes in the basement and aim at doors in 'strategic' places to look like you're doing something important."
Pretty much. There's a reason I always scoff at those bawling about how PS2 has lost it's strategic and tactical depth because of whatever mechanic they're upset with, when really, PS1 always ended up turning into a spam fest in the only place combat actually mattered: the base, and it gets even worse inside the base.

Fortunately, the hex grid and fairly open layouts should help maintain some level of decision making beyond, "do I rush in, or do I hang back?"
Old 2012-08-05, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #304
LegioX
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Pretty much. There's a reason I always scoff at those bawling about how PS2 has lost it's strategic and tactical depth because of whatever mechanic they're upset with, when really, PS1 always ended up turning into a spam fest in the only place combat actually mattered: the base, and it gets even worse inside the base.

Fortunately, the hex grid and fairly open layouts should help maintain some level of decision making beyond, "do I rush in, or do I hang back?"
I remember ww2ol having the same problem. Always turned into a "zerg quick" to base walls and camp until we can cap it. Hopefully the Devs will put in more outpost around bases to defend, so it will not be a mad rush to the main base.
Old 2012-08-06, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #305
DownloadFailed
Corporal

Well, now I'm gonna try as hard as I can to get off work tomorrow (technically today).
SEE YOU CRAZY BASTARDS IN BETA!
Old 2012-08-06, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #306
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I resubbed in May and June for a bit of nostalgia and had to cancel because of work/travel issues. Bummed I missed planetside day and free 30 days :@

As an inactive I'm okay waiting a bit, it'll still be early.
Looks like every fan has bought a sub to get in "first"

To those I say, im ready for not getting in, are you?

Old 2012-08-06, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #307
Tehroth
Corporal

Heh 10.00 Usd to play ps1 while I wait, and during server downtimes(because its not gonna be 24/7) will be worth it. Wonder how many people bought ps1 just to get into beta.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #308
DarkMarc
Private

Probabely Around 6000-10000 That bough the thing but i know there Server is 6K capacity (2K Per continent) and only like 5 Server atm lol donno if it gonna have more and when im gonna be in (2nd Batch) To play With my uniform
Old 2012-08-06, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #309
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

What im wondering is if they just plopped down the same cont 3 times to have 3 conts for the 6k server cap. instead of having 15 servers for 15 conts, you know?
Old 2012-08-06, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #310
snaffe
Sergeant

Can't believe I bought a PS1 sub when I can't even play PS2 on my computer really (old piece of junk) buuuuut my new one should arrive within 10 days so I should be set whenever that arrives.

12 quid spent. Well, I could always try PS1 I guess.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #311
WWladCZ
Private

They should have cut it off like 10 days ago. This is like kick to weak spot (if you know what i mean). Fine just buy yourself a Veteran status 0% luck or work required. I just want to say to everybody that just bought theyr way into BETA you have no HONOR!
Edit: This was pretty bad move I think I woke sleeping beast
-WWladCZ

Last edited by WWladCZ; 2012-08-06 at 03:02 AM.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #312
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

Has nothing to do with honor. I want entertainment #1, and #2 I want to be in the first wave, or as soon as possible so I can make a difference, and hold that achievement for years to come. I don't want to wait 2-4 weeks for my PC gamer key to kick in. I want it now, deal with it.

Last edited by Serotriptomine; 2012-08-06 at 02:50 AM.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #313
dafuq
First Sergeant

Old 2012-08-06, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #314
ExquisitExamplE
Private

Originally Posted by WWladCZ View Post
They should have cut it off like 10 days ago. This is like kick to weak spot (if you know what i mean). Fine just buy yourself a Veteran status 0% luck or work required. I just want to say to everybody that just bought theyr way into BETA you have no HONOR!
-WWladCZ
Yeah, and what's with people drinking milk they themselves didn't milk? YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST BUY MILK AT THE STORE?! YOU NEED TO EARN THAT MILK!
Old 2012-08-06, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #315
WWladCZ
Private

Any idea how long it will take for somebody who just registered to beta.
Its like this? Planetside 1 vets> Keys Pc gamer E3 Twitter etc.>Normal sub.
Correct me if im wrong
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion