Sniper Rifle - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Brain for Sale. Hardly used.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-05, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Flammey
Yeah, but how is the normal sniper rifle any different from my propsed Anti vehicle sniper rilfe? A great many snipers use the SR on MAXs, vehicles, turrets and deployables as it is. I see no problem with a .50 cal sniper rifle. Or a sniper rifle that is strickly armor piercing.

But whatever. It's only a thought, not a great big change.
Old 2003-12-05, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Otherick
Sergeant Major

well the Vanu in a way already have a anti-armour sniper called the Lancer all u need is the zoom inplant and wallah
Old 2003-12-05, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ed the MAD
an anti material rifle is gennerally of a larger calibur, and is just downright unweildly when you want to crawl into position undetected. however, it is not unheard of to use an Anti- Material rifle on individual soldiers. but the range is considerably longer than with a Sniper Rifle. in the end, it all comes down to calibur, and the intended target.
Old 2003-12-05, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

You still haven't answered the real question I asked.

What is wrong with bringing in a sniper rifle that uses only armor piercing rounds?
Old 2003-12-05, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

nothing at all. infact, all sniper rifles should have AP rounds. better ballistics.
Old 2003-12-05, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

100 damage per hit for an AP bolt would be perfect. Eight shots to kill a MAX is fairer and more importantly, more fun.

Also, don't forget that historically, sniper vs. sniper combat has often come down to whose weapon can pierce the enemy's shield.

Many a sniper has rotted behind the metal plates he propped up for cover, and many have bounced shots off of their enemy's cover only to be located and terminated.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-05, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

what are you talking about? eight shots. how about one through the face sheild? it can't be more than 3cm thick. one kinetic round could go through it like a needle through cloth.
Old 2003-12-05, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Well yes but they've said theyre not going to implement hitboxes, so so much for that. Besides, first i'd like to see people being able to get shot in open cockpit vehicles.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-05, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Location-based damage is an invitation to aimbot writers. You can blame exploitation for a lot of the hobbles placed on the Bolt Driver.

If you know an exploiter who thinks he's hot shit, look at him for what he is: the guy who gimped the sniper rifle for everyone.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-05, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

"aimbot"?
Old 2003-12-05, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Jagd
Major

Surely you, Ed the Mad, are an avid Counter-Strike player.
Old 2003-12-05, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

no. i never really cared for it.
Old 2003-12-05, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Mognoc
Sergeant

I'm not part of any discussion, but an aimbot is a program which automatically aims your weapon at a soldier/object classified as an enemy. IE: a soldier with a, for example, repeater could shoot a person with the accuracy of a bolt driver, given the aimbot programmer factors in the CoF and whatnot. The hobble that most of them face is tanks--with the arc of the shot, it becomes a pain to make an aimbot that factors in the arc trajectory.

All of this is just my idea of it, I'm not aimbot writer and/or someone who knows a ton about them.
Old 2003-12-05, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

well the Vanu in a way already have a anti-armour sniper called the Lancer all u need is the zoom inplant and wallah
The Lancer is not acurate to its recticle over long distances. It would be like trying to snipe with a Gauss
Old 2003-12-05, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mognoc
I'm not part of any discussion, but an aimbot is a program which automatically aims your weapon at a soldier/object classified as an enemy. IE: a soldier with a, for example, repeater could shoot a person with the accuracy of a bolt driver, given the aimbot programmer factors in the CoF and whatnot. The hobble that most of them face is tanks--with the arc of the shot, it becomes a pain to make an aimbot that factors in the arc trajectory.

All of this is just my idea of it, I'm not aimbot writer and/or someone who knows a ton about them.

I HAVE BEEN ENLIGHTENED!

anycrap, here are a few examples of Anti-material rifles which are far better than the M82.

Croatia's RT-20
South Africa's Mechem NTW-20
Yugoslavia's M-93 Black Arrow
Russia's OSV-96

also, i know what you're about to say, and before you say it, A)an Anti-Material Rifle could be loosly classified as a sniper rifle, because it requires the same skills to operate, and 2)the guy who made the site is apparently from either eastern europe, or someplace that doesn't have english as it's primary language.

Last edited by Ed the MAD; 2003-12-05 at 05:31 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion