To be honest, I'm disappointed PS2 is copying CoD/BF's gunplay. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One "M" better than Hamas!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-12, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
moosepoop
Captain

Re: To be honest, I'm disappointed PS2 is copying CoD/BF's gunplay.

planetside 1 had very bad and awkward gunplay. the gunplay was in no way original. the mechanics was like every other shooter game at the time. spam adadadad.

the only unique and redeeming quality was the massiveness of planetside 1 and teamwork, and as long as the developers can recapture that massive scale, the game is good.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2012-03-12 at 08:35 AM.
Old 2012-03-12, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
planetside 1 had very bad and awkward gunplay. the gunplay was in no way original. the mechanics was like every other shooter game at the time. spam adadadad.

the only unique and redeeming quality was the massiveness of planetside 1 and teamwork, and as long as the developers can recapture that massive scale, the game is good.
I entirely agree.

PS1 gun play was about as basic as it could get for a game. The perspective camera you viewed the world in tried no attempt into creating weight or feeling for PS1, there were no camera animations for running, walking, falling, landing, and nothing more than a simple pan up or down for crouching and jumping.

If PS1 had any feeling to its gun play it would probably be best described as cardboard. Aside from the massive battles in a persistent world, PS1 had really nothing else going for it.

Last edited by Elude; 2012-03-12 at 09:59 AM.
Old 2012-03-12, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Raymac
Brigadier General

Now I'm pretty sure VanuMaxGuy is Marth Koppa who had the hobby of trolling every once in awhile.
1. Create thread with stupid complaint
2. Sit back with popcorn and just watch
3. ???
4. Profit

Last edited by Raymac; 2012-03-12 at 12:19 PM.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by VanuMAXGuy View Post
I was hoping something more unique, but it seems the devs are being incredibly lazy with this game in many different areas.

The swaying of the gun while running is also just too CoD/BF for me, I hope they at least scrap that for something better.
this is a total troll post because there is no options for changing just someone whining about a game that is not even in beta yet.

I mean if you are going to bring up a problem you need to propose some options to change or fix it.

Plus the fact that he has not posted since the first post
Old 2012-03-12, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

I agree. In BF3 the gun sways from left to right when you're walking, I think in PS2 they should make it sway from right to left instead. That's more realistic anyway.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
bullet
First Sergeant

You know now that you mention gun sway, I remember a game that had it as well....

http://youtu.be/yr-lQZzevwA

Oh dear god, I hope PS2 doesnt turn into this!
Old 2012-03-12, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
You know now that you mention gun sway, I remember a game that had it as well....

http://youtu.be/yr-lQZzevwA

Oh dear god, I hope PS2 doesnt turn into this!
If you're TRxBullet... you best GTFO of here brah before somethin bad happens to ya...

But hello buddy! Miss you and stuff! This is Buzzy.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

The swaying is a regular realistic thing if anyone has ever ran with a gun there is some sway it's the realistic way people move.

The Doom sway is way over the top though lol
Old 2012-03-12, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

....too CoD/BF????
I think before you criticize CoD gun mechanics you better try playing it first. That game has guns to die for. I know all about the guns and ballistic models of CoD and they are TERRIFIC. Lets hear an example of something done better...
Old 2012-03-12, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
roguy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MonsterBone View Post
I know all about the guns and ballistic models of CoD and they are TERRIFIC.
Ballistics (gr. βάλλειν ('ba'llein'), "throw") is the science of mechanics that deals with the flight, behavior, and effects of projectiles, especially bullets, gravity bombs, rockets, or the like; the science or art of designing and accelerating projectiles so as to achieve a desired performance.

All guns in COD are Hitscan.... So there is no "ballistic model" to speak of aside from grenades and rockets.... Try again...
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-12, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by VanuMAXGuy View Post
I was hoping something more unique, but it seems the devs are being incredibly lazy with this game in many different areas.
Trust me, if we were "lazy" we wouldn't have all those elements in the game, they're incredibly hard to get right and we're still a long way from having them feel perfect. Making guns feel like a game from 10 years ago isn't hard, but every person who hasn't been in a cave for the last 10 years will feel like something is missing when they play. You guys are also looking at gameplay videos which means you're concentrating a lot more on the animations and screenshakes than you would be when playing and focusing on guys getting into your crosshairs.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Trust me, if we were "lazy" we wouldn't have all those elements in the game, they're incredibly hard to get right and we're still a long way from having them feel perfect. Making guns feel like a game from 10 years ago isn't hard, but every person who hasn't been in a cave for the last 10 years will feel like something is missing when they play. You guys are also looking at gameplay videos which means you're concentrating a lot more on the animations and screenshakes than you would be when playing and focusing on guys getting into your crosshairs.
BOOM!! HEADSHOT!!!

That's what higby just did to this thread and everyone in it. lmao love it.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

This has been my message. Sure, discuss away, but don't panic over some raw footage of an Alpha. Wait till you play it and provide feedback.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-12, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Hi Higby!
Old 2012-03-12, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Raymac
Brigadier General

Don't get worked up over a troll, Higby. The Planetside 2 dev team might be many things, but "lazy" is clearly not one of them. This VanuMaxGuy is most likely Marth Koopa who got a temp ban on here (on the same day VanuMAXGuy created their account) for being a troll douchebag. He's also the same prick that sexually harrassed Luperza on twitter.

Everyone knows how hard you guys are working to make the best game you can. Don't let yourself get trolled.

Last edited by Raymac; 2012-03-12 at 01:28 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion