Devs: Engineers Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If at first you don't succeed... you're a noob.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

Re: Devs: Engineers Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's.

Engineer already has plenty to do.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Re: Devs: Someone else Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's.

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
The engineer role is to sit in the back and support, or, defend bases. The people using ammo are on the front lines and therefore the LA should be the one delivering the goods.
again on paper yes.. In outfit's? yes.

but let's be real most players are gonna be random's playing alone or in small 2 or 3 man friend groups.

What are they gonna do.. " dude we can go light assault and jetpack to unreachable areas and we got unlimited ammo" and we can killwhore to death camping it up.

what we are trying to avoid

If LA's keep the ammo alteast make the packs limited and they can only re arm 1 or 2 times total per life.

Last edited by Top Sgt; 2012-06-06 at 03:33 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I think that puts too much support on the engineer class and would lessen the teamwork value of a light assault. I'm not sure jetpack is enough value to the squad to warrant wanting a LA over another HA, medic, engineer, or MAX. Ammo gives them squad value, and the mobility to deliver it where needed.
Very good point.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
again on paper yes.. In outfit's? yes.

but let's be real most players are gonna be random's playing alone or in small 2 or 3 man friend groups.

What are they gonna do.. " dude we can go light assault and jetpack to unreachable areas and we got unlimited ammo" and we can killwhore to death camping it up.

what we are trying to avoid
And you think in a game where thousands of players fight simultaneously, no one is ever going to find those 2 killwhores on top of a building?
Old 2012-06-06, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
And you think in a game where thousands of players fight simultaneously, no one is ever going to find those 2 killwhores on top of a building?
yes they will be found.. but what about the other 300+ guys doing the same thing? look at the bigger scale...this is a free game to play.. Most of your COD players .. this will be the #1 thing to do in this game in their mind.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Not Engies, HAs should have Ammo Packs since they will be largest ammo consumers (except the MAXes). Engies have a lot of other stuff to carry on their back but generally I agree LA is poor choice for Ammo packs.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
EVILoHOMER
Major

Thing is SOE have played this game more than any of us so I think they can make the best decisions for it. If when we play the beta it doesn't work then we can cry about it and SOE will change it, it's not something we need to worry about until we played the game.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
kaffis
Contributor
Major

And you think in a game where thousands of players fight simultaneously, no one with rifles is ever going to find those 2 killwhores on top of a building with carbines?
Added even more truth to your statement.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

let's keep the discussion adult and civil it's just discussion

I don't think anyone was "crying" over anything .. just something to discuss about a game were all eager to play.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

yes they will be found.. but what about the other 300+ guys doing the same thing? look at the bigger scale...this is a free game to play.. Most of your COD players .. this will be the #1 thing to do in this game in their mind.
I wouldnt be too worried about it. COD players wont be interested to stay playing this game if they are going to resort to these kind of tactics, cause it simply isnt effective whatsoever.

Outfits and more properly playing players would destroy this immediatelly
Old 2012-06-06, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

I wouldnt be too worried about it. COD players wont be interested to stay playing this game if they are going to resort to these kind of tactics, cause it simply isnt effective whatsoever.

Outfits and more properly playing players would destroy this immediatelly
taken from my earlier post

"Those of us in outfit's.. yes this won't be a big issue

But there will be thousands of random's playing alone.. and you should know what is going to happen. the one's who do not choose a max or to fly.. they will choose light assault knowing they carry ammo.

It will be lone wolf city. All the ammo i'll need and a jetpack to get me in hard to reach places so I can just go for kills etc.

this is why I think this should be changed up some. I'm good with the idea of splitting up the class either carry jet packs or carry ammo packs etc. Doesn't have to be enginner was just a suggestion."
Old 2012-06-06, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Nasher
Sergeant

I agree. It doesn't make much sense the the scout/infantry class carries ammo packs. Ammo should have to be collected from vehicles (e.g. galaxy) or air dropped (e.g. either by a galaxy or liberator, or a call in with a long cooldown). You know, ways that promote team work...

With so many light infantry around ammo will be practically unlimited :/

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-06-06 at 03:55 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
EVILoHOMER
Major

It's funny because I don't like COD myself since after 4 but I have friends who play COD and they're some of the most hardcore gamers I know and would own most of you lot in FPS games.

Playing COD doesn't mean you suck, they can quite easily adapt to a new game and they do play other FPS games and are above 12...
Old 2012-06-06, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

taken from my earlier post

"Those of us in outfit's.. yes this won't be a big issue

But there will be thousands of random's playing alone.. and you should know what is going to happen. the one's who do not choose a max or to fly.. they will choose light assault knowing they carry ammo.

It will be lone wolf city. All the ammo i'll need and a jetpack to get me in hard to reach places so I can just go for kills etc.

this is why I think this should be changed up some. I'm good with the idea of splitting up the class either carry jet packs or carry ammo packs etc. Doesn't have to be enginner was just a suggestion."

IMO people shouldn't worry too much about balance issues yet, since the values currently in place are estimations, and whatever will happen eventually on the battlefield will show what is wrong and what is right.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
It's funny because I don't like COD myself since after 4 but I have friends who play COD and they're some of the most hardcore gamers I know and would own most of you lot in FPS games.

Playing COD doesn't mean you suck, they can quite easily adapt to a new game and they do play other FPS games and are above 12...
Promod players are often time really good indeed. It's the console version that exists of kill whores to be honest. the PC community is pretty dedicated.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion