NC MAX's Sheild ability - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: KHAAAAN!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Does the NC MAX's sheild suck ?
Oh yes, dear god, it sucks!!! : replace it with something more useful! 12 29.27%
Oh be-jezus, its soo sucky!!! : beef it up somehow! 12 29.27%
No, it does not suck. (but then again, im TR or VS) 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-09-19, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Caspertoo
Well i'll agree the technology is flawed, but then again, aren't the VS the ones with the uber technology ;p

And yes the Lasher and MCG have their strengths but since they moved the MCG to the cone field of fire, it just sorta sucks, not good up close (at least not as good as the other two) and definently not good far away. The only thing it has going for it is that it has a 100 round clip. I'll take the cycler with its smaller cone of fire and no additional cert points anyday of the week.
No, VS are supposed to suck...errr hold on... they do!!!

The MCG is really good when facing crowds of nmy's, you can spray fire at them, and if they are already hurting, you can get quite a few kills!.

Old 2003-09-19, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

So the MCG is just as useful as the JH because if you happen to come across a large group of wounded players standing next to each other you can spray them? Are you even listening to your own logic?

At least I can admit that I like the Striker more than the other AV and think it's more effective. Same with the Pounder. If you'd said the Lasher was fairly even with the JH only you might have sounded objective, but the MCG is not up to snuff with the other HA. I'm fine with that, we have the areas we excel at and HA just isn't one of them. Just don't try to candy coat it to make your empire look more oppressed.
Old 2003-09-19, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Madcow
So the MCG is just as useful as the JH because if you happen to come across a large group of wounded players standing next to each other you can spray them? Are you even listening to your own logic?
Errmmm... so you've never been in a large battle then ?, like say, in doors? Someone throws a plasma grenade, shots are fired, it happens. Try fighting a bit more...

At least I can admit that I like the Striker more than the other AV and think it's more effective. Same with the Pounder. If you'd said the Lasher was fairly even with the JH only you might have sounded objective, but the MCG is not up to snuff with the other HA. I'm fine with that, we have the areas we excel at and HA just isn't one of them. Just don't try to candy coat it to make your empire look more oppressed.
Whos says im making my empire look oppressed. Thats a bit over the top. If you cant use your empires HA, you must just be crap with it. All 3 empires HA are evenly matched, the MCG is great for sustained fire at medium-short distances and for covering large groups with fire.

If your so dumb that you run up to someone with a JH and open fire then get TK'ed by them, then thats your own fault. Keep your distance from JH's and the weapon is devistating.

Old 2003-09-19, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by shadowseed
Errmmm... so you've never been in a large battle then ?, like say, in doors? Someone throws a plasma grenade, shots are fired, it happens. Try fighting a bit more...
Oh, nicely done. Snap. I've never played before. In a battle indoors the JH (or Lasher) will down an MCG user pretty quickly. The MCG isn't useless, but it isn't as good as the other HA. Even your own empire recognizes that, at least those who can remain fairly objective.

Whos says im making my empire look oppressed. Thats a bit over the top. If you cant use your empires HA, you must just be crap with it. All 3 empires HA are evenly matched, the MCG is great for sustained fire at medium-short distances and for covering large groups with fire.
Of course you're trying to make your empire look oppressed. That's been the entire point of your poll. Our empire has a bad MAX ability, everybody else's abilities are better.

Again, you don't need to keep repeating your inability to remain objective. I've used all the HA, and the MCG is the least useful out of all of them. But it just must be me, I just must be crap with it right? It's a lot easier to make blanket ignorant statements than it is to back something up, so go to town if that's what you need to do. In the meantime I'll interject some facts into your little fantasy. According to Thottbot, 22.3% of the TR have the HA cert. 31.5% of the VS have it. 33% of the NC have it. Odd, that. It would seem to infer that the NC is slightly more successful than the VS and significantly more successful than the TR at HA. I'll let you in on a little secret, if a weapon is better the player base will figure it out and gravitate towards it. The sad thing is that the numbers are probably skewed because a number of TR have the cert strictly to loot JH or Lashers. Sorry to crush your dreamworld like that though.

If your so dumb that you run up to someone with a JH and open fire then get TK'ed by them, then thats your own fault. Keep your distance from JH's and the weapon is devistating.
If you're so dumb that you don't realize a TK can only come from your own team, whose fault is it? The Cycler is easily as effective at range against a JH user, so I should waste 4 cert points on what? A bigger clip? Cooler sound effects? I don't hate the MCG, but it's the only HA not worth the cert points. Such is life.
Old 2003-09-19, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The MCG is not as good as the other HA, but as previosly pointed out, the TR have the Striker so that more than makes up for it
Old 2003-09-19, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

One weapon should not "make up" for another that sucks. They should all be equally usefull.

One would think that Heavy Assault is the top-o-the-line cert since you have to progress them from medium, that hardly seems the case in the TR.
Old 2003-09-19, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Hammer
One weapon should not "make up" for another that sucks. They should all be equally usefull.
With that idea all weapons should be common pool. I think part of the point is that certain empires excel in certain areas where other empires may not.

One would think that Heavy Assault is the top-o-the-line cert since you have to progress them from medium, that hardly seems the case in the TR.
AV, Special and Sniping all progress from Medium as well. Heavy is not meant to be the be-all end-all of certifications, it is intended to be useful in it's particular role. The JH and the Lasher are both a bit more useful in their intended roles than the MCG. Again, that's a TR weak point but it's all part of the trade.
Old 2003-09-19, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
TheRegurgitator
Major

Originally posted by shadowseed
Personal Shield + VS MAX camp == tough to kill
Personal Shield + TR MAX jump == tough to kill

So whats new ?
i think u should switch the jump and camp
Old 2003-09-19, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
scarpas
Captain

i have almost never seen a nc max(ive only seen three), but vanu and tr maxes are everywhere (myself included, gotta love quasars and dual cyclers!!!)
Old 2003-09-20, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

With that idea all weapons should be common pool. I think part of the point is that certain empires excel in certain areas where other empires may not.
Hey genius read what I posted again.

"One weapon should not "make up" for another that sucks. They should all be equally usefull."

That does not mean one should not be allowed to over-shadow another in a certain field, it does however mean one must not be so damn horrible that it is over-shadowed and beaten by a weapon in a lesser catagory and really have no particular use.
Old 2003-09-20, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

"One weapon should not "make up" for another that sucks. They should all be equally usefull."

That does not mean one should not be allowed to over-shadow another in a certain field, it does however mean one must not be so damn horrible that it is over-shadowed and beaten by a weapon in a lesser catagory and really have no particular use.
What? You mean like the beamer?
Old 2003-09-20, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Indecisive
Major General

I think that the MCG and the lasher are balanced.

Why? Because of the MCG's HUGE ASS CLIP that you can kill something like 5 people with before you have to reload.
Old 2003-09-21, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Hi, troll. Thanks for stopping by.

Well, 'genius', maybe you should read what I wrote and then respond. According to the Dev's supposed intentions they didn't intend for each area to be equally useful. Some Empire's excel in certain areas and have weaknesses in certain areas. None of the weaknesses are meant to cripple your Empire (as they don't) and none of the strengths is meant to give an unfair advantage. Basically, it's been working pretty much as intended. They'll be doing another balance pass and we'll get to see how much they change and whether or not they make steps towards what you want to see, but I personally hope they don't make large scale balance changes. Whenever they make big changes (Jackhammer from Beta to right before release, Lasher) they seem to swing too far in the other direction.
Old 2003-09-21, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Gohan_VA
I think that the MCG and the lasher are balanced.

Why? Because of the MCG's HUGE ASS CLIP that you can kill something like 5 people with before you have to reload.
Just out of curiosity, how would you then explain the massive difference in the percentage of certed people in HA for each Empire?

The big clip means little. If you are up close against a JH/Lasher you're almost certainly going to lose. The MCG is most effective at medium range is the argument. They've improved the COF bloom, but it still does bloom and that means that at medium range you're missing with an awful lot of bullets. Sure, you get to hold more bullets but when the idea is to put yourself at a distance where you're certain to miss a good amount it negates that benefit quite a bit. Sure, if you sneak up on somebody and jam it in their backs you could probably make it through 5 people without reloading. So could a Jackhammer.
Old 2003-09-21, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Now who's trying to make to make their empire sound over oppressed.

Before we start this I advise you to check my certs, neither my main nor any of my other NC characters posses the HA cert, I just cant stand using it, the overall bulk of my kills have been derived from 2 sources, Gaus and deci. (/mourn deci)

Originaly this post was about the NC max's shield ability, but as always some Terram looser tries to turn it into a "wah jackhammer buff the MCG i want a no skill weapon in everything" (i'm not even implying that all terrans are loosers i happen to enjoy my terran on emrald very much)

Well timmy i'm going to introduce you to the cold hard fact, granted the way i see them

In a point to point breakdown heres what you have.

Med Assault: Tie. While the gauss has an advantage in damage dealt the cycler beats it in accuracy (lack of bloom) and clip size. A lot of this goes either way personaly i loot cyclers whenever I can because of their ability to circle strafe like nobodies business something gaus users just dont have the clim size to waste ammo on anything but artisticly taken shots.

Antivehicular:Clearly TR the striker is the most versatile and highest damage over time AV weapon in the game period. Only the vanu even come close and god forbid they actualy have to aim to get their AV kills. Oh and if your pissed off about us being behind walls, Well no shit were defenseless outherwise our minds off guiding that rocket at it's target and those things dont exactly turn on a dime.

Max's:Clearly tr the lockdown ability blows the shield out of the water and not to mention the pounders ability to hit people (multiple i might add) around corners. Yes the sparrow is a good max but no better then the burster the reason you all hate the burster so much is your so used to the cycler and the striker that you cant figure out how to lead your target.

Pistols: Ill throw this in. IMHO the tr repeater is the only worthy sidearm in the game, if i'm at a close enough range to use my scatterpistol i might as well use my knife. The beamer however makes an excellent cigarete lighter that wont go out in the wind and draws on the same ammo as your lasher.

HA: Ah heres the kicker yes the JH is better indoors where about 75 percent of the fighting occurs, but anything wider then a hallway or a cc a MCG will own due to it's clipsize high ROF and ability to circle strafe.

I'm not going to compare tanks because quite frankly i hate vehicles other then my sund and once in a great while my gal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So no matter how many times this argument gets posted out heres the end basic quote, i may incorporate this in my sig.

TR NEWB:Sparrw? Newbhammer! Dude you just have to get the crosshairs near the target and click the mouse!

They should be ours!

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion