Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2011-12-01, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Re: Football

The Pack shoot for perfection every week. Each week they look to go 1-0. It's been working for them so far.

My concern this week is just the Giants; you never know what team you're playing against. Could the Packers face the Giants that couldn't keep pace with the Saints? Or are they the Giants team that marched into Foxboro and beat the unbeaten at home Patriots?

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-12-01, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
The Pack shoot for perfection every week. Each week they look to go 1-0. It's been working for them so far.

My concern this week is just the Giants; you never know what team you're playing against. Could the Packers face the Giants that couldn't keep pace with the Saints? Or are they the Giants team that marched into Foxboro and beat the unbeaten at home Patriots?
ha your worried about the Giants? I doubt it. Detroit on thanksgiving on a Hard Ford Field was the game you guys needed to worry about.

Actually last game of the year is going to be a big one.

Im a huge Patriots Fan obv. But im thinking they are going to be going 16-0 this year
Old 2011-12-01, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Raymac
Brigadier General

The problem with the Packers is that their defense is suspect. If for some reason the offense isn't firing on all cylinders (a fumble here or a dropped pass there, a missed 3rd down conversion or 2) their defense won't be able to bail them out.

This is why my 49ers are going back to the Super Bowl. They have arguably the best defense in the league, and a fairly underrated offense. We only have 1 bullshit OT loss to the Cowboys and that garbage Thanksgiving game where we had 1.5 days to prepare since we had to travel cross country for a Thursday game against the #1 ranked team in the AFC.

Rodgers is putting up ungodly stats, but without a defense, it's a razors edge to lose to anybody. Perfect example, that Tampa Bay game came down to the very end. Good luck with that perfect season stuff though. It won't mean much unless you carry it through the playoffs, just ask Tigersmith.

Old 2011-12-01, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
The problem with the Packers is that their defense is suspect. If for some reason the offense isn't firing on all cylinders (a fumble here or a dropped pass there, a missed 3rd down conversion or 2) their defense won't be able to bail them out.

This is why my 49ers are going back to the Super Bowl. They have arguably the best defense in the league, and a fairly underrated offense. We only have 1 bullshit OT loss to the Cowboys and that garbage Thanksgiving game where we had 1.5 days to prepare since we had to travel cross country for a Thursday game against the #1 ranked team in the AFC.

Rodgers is putting up ungodly stats, but without a defense, it's a razors edge to lose to anybody. Perfect example, that Tampa Bay game came down to the very end. Good luck with that perfect season stuff though. It won't mean much unless you carry it through the playoffs, just ask Tigersmith.
About the 49ers. Alex smith just needs to take care of the damn football. God say it time after time. This is by far his best year ever and I believe also this is a team that can beat the packers..But not at lambeau field.

And about the Pats going 18-1..Im going to be hearing about it the rest of my life. I have seen 3 super bowls in my lifetime already. No hard feelings about this loss.

I still think Lions and 49ers have the best shot to beat them..but with GB going to be having home field throughout the playoffs....I really dont know
Old 2011-12-03, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

The Giants are the only ones who could keep up with the Packers, because surely their 28th ranked defense wouldn't slow them down.

A stat I read in the newspaper today, the 49ers defense is number 1 in fewest points allowed, followed by Houston and Baltimore. Might as well bench your runningbacks too, I forget what the stat for games with less than 100 yards rushing allowed is but it begins sometime last year.

If a NFC championship matchup comes up between the 49ers and Packers, a 49er pass defense will melt like butter in a microwave against Aaron Rodgers. Ironically, so would a Packer pass defense (31st behind New England).

I'm very curious to see how things play in the NFC. As far as the AFC....it would be very sweet to see the NFL's version of the Bay Bridge Series. But I'm sure there will be a familiar face come Feb.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2011-12-05, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Amazing game Packers vs Giants. one of the best of the year.
Old 2011-12-05, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Tigersmith
ha your worried about the Giants? I doubt it. Detroit on thanksgiving on a Hard Ford Field was the game you guys needed to worry about.
I hate being right. Really I do.

I'm ok with going 18-1 as long as we win the Super Bowl. No one remembers what the Packers record was going into the playoffs last year. All they remember is that the Packers won the Super Bowl having to win three road games to even get there, knocking off Mike Vick, Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler to beat Ben Rothlesberger(sp?) for their 13th Championship.

Do I think they have all that it takes to go into the Playoffs unbeaten? Yes I do. Three of the next 4 games are at Lambeau in December. Oakland, Detroit and Chicago with us going to Kansas City. Oakland just came of an embarrassing loss to the Dolphins, so I'm expecting them to come to Lambeau next Sunday with a big chip on their shoulder. Detroit might present a problem, especially if Detroit is playing for a playoff spot. But the way that the Bears are playing (sans Cutler) I can see them sewing up a playoff spot before that game.

Old 2011-12-06, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Here's to 5th place! I lost last week by 6 points effectively eliminating me from a 4th place battle. 6th, 5th, 4th are all tied at 7-6 but 5th and 4th play each other for a tiebreaker so regardless of that outcome I'm out.

I was momentarily happy because I thought I owned the tiebreaker if I won and they all lost this weekend. I'm a smart idiot.

Greenbay vs NY was football's equivelant to a 5 round boxing match, that was great.

Jim Harbaugh for president. Seriously.

Robert Griffin or Andrew Luck?

Old 2011-12-06, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Raymac
Brigadier General

49ers and playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? Yes, playoffs!

As much as I'd like to see RG3 get the Heisman, I think it really needs to go to Luck. Not just for what he did this year, but for his career as well. It's like when Martin Scorsese won the oscar for best director for The Departed which wasn't his best fillm.

Actually, I'm really disappointed that Houston's Case Keenum wasn't at least invited to the Heisman ceremony in NY. He has literally had a record breaking career, and won me a few bucks with his millions of touchdowns per game. (slight exaggeration, but not by much)

Old 2011-12-06, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Not gonna lie, but I hope that the Packers go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. That would be amazing.

I will say I'm happy that they won last year and proved they don't need that traitor Brett Favre. Rodgers is the future. YEAH!
Old 2011-12-07, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

When they went with the decision to start Aaron Rodgers I fully supported it while my sister, mother and brother-in-law hated it. They argued over the way the Packers treated #4. I simply said that every thoroughbred needs to be put out to pasture, that eventually Father Time catches up with stars. The best thing #4 could have done was what Edgar Bennet did and move into the coaching realm or even go into broadcasting. But no. He sat there and whined, cried, and bemoaned an organization as classy as the Packers. Retired, unretired, retired, unretired, played for the Viqueens and shut us up for one year. The next year he was exposed for a dead arm and subsequently left the Viqueens the next year. And we celebrated a Super Bowl victory.

To this day I remind my family of what could have been had he still been a part of the Packers. We would have what the Colts have now.

Oh, and I should probably change my sig to officially being a part owner of the Packers. Yesterday I purchased stock in the Packers.

Old 2011-12-07, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Raymac
Brigadier General

Yeah, I was actually pretty bummed when the 49ers drafted Alex Smith instead of Rodgers. Drafting Rodgers would have made so much more sense, he was a local kid that was playing at Cal. He actually played under center instead of that stupid Urban Meyer shotgun college crap. Smith had some things going for him to be sure, but even in hindsight, Rodgers was the better choice.

Now, it's interesting to think if the roles might be reversed a bit if Rodgers would have had to start right away and Smith could have held the clipboard and learned for a few years. Smith is finally having a great year. His stats may not be out of this world like Rodgers, but he has only thrown 2 picks all year and is winning games with a fairly no-name receiving core.

I really think it would be the ultimate if these 2 teams meet in the NFC Championship. (preferably at Candlestick)

Old 2011-12-07, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

I wouldn't mind a rematch of the 1998 Wildcard game played between those two teams, but as long as it's in Lambeau AND an exact opposite outcome.

Old 2011-12-12, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Old 2011-12-12, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

That is catchy.

I've never seen icing work so well against the Cowboys.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge