Football - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So good it brings grown woman to tears.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2011-10-31, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info
Football

The American one. College, pro, fantasy. We're half way through it. Thoughts, complaints?

I'm Mr. West Coast, so Stanford's 3 OT win over USC was a cold hard classic. Ranked 4, I'm hoping Alambama/LSU this weekend throws one of the two down a notch enough to get Stanford into the top 3.

49ers are 6-1, only team with a higher win percentage is Green Bay. Sure we've had an easy schedule, but still....suppose we're carrying the weight for the rest of the NFC west.

Fantasy (The real reason why I wanted to post):
Aaron Rodgers QB
Reggie Wayne WR
Anquan Boldin WR
Dion Branch WR
Frank Gore RB
Ahmad Bradshaw RB
Jason Witten TE
Neil Rackers K
Buffalo Bills. D

Backups:
Darren Sproles RB
Brandon Lloyd WR
Tony Gonzales TE
Johnathon Stewart RB
Chicago D
Alex Smith QB

My recieving core sucks as I was banking on a Manning-Wayne pass happy season. Tomorrow I'm 4-4 ending number one's undefeated season.

Anyways I'm done Tebowing, what's your thoughts this season?

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2011-10-31, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Football

My thoughts:

Couldn't give a shit about American football. Ice hockey? Yes. Rugby? Yes. Real football? Yes.
Old 2011-10-31, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
My thoughts:

Couldn't give a shit about American football.
QFT

I'm American and football is the most boring thing to watch on TV. To each their own, but it isn't that fun watching guys roll around in mud together IMO.
Old 2011-10-31, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

2 fail posts -300 cool points for Firefly.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-10-31, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Traak
Colonel

We need infantry to be divided up into what they can do based on their physical capabilities, just like in football. I mean infantry in the real world, not just PS.
Old 2011-11-01, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Another year and more BCS bullshit. I gave up on NFL, College ball is all I got left, and it's in a downward spiral.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2011-11-01 at 01:55 AM.
Old 2011-11-01, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Raymac
Brigadier General

I'm still in shock that my 9ers are kicking so much ass this year. The rest of our season is mostly division games and considering how crappy the NFC West is this year, it looks like we are finally playoff bound again. Woohoo!
Hell, the 9ers haven't been 6-1 since Rice was on the team. Needless to say I'm loving the new Harbaugh era.

Stanford has been a good story too. I've won quite a bit of money thanks to Andrew Luck. That OT game against USC was classic. I hate everything about USC and have my entire life. Well I take that back, their cheerleaders are...well...10s to put it politely.

I pity those that aren't into the NFL. I like pretty much all sports. Soccer is cool. English Premier League is fun, but Barcelona is like watching poetry in motion. I can't get enough of Messi. NBA games are ok, but it looks like we'll have to wait next year for that. Hell, I'm a big fan of the Olympics because you get to see a bunch of obscure sports that you never usually get to watch.

Now is the time for football though. It's really the only thing that makes Mondays survivable haha

Old 2011-11-01, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Phillip Rivers QB
Arian Foster RB
Matt Forte RB
Mike Williams (Tampa) WR
Nate Washington WR
Pierre Garcon WR
Jimmy Graham TE
******** D
Jason Hanson K

Backups:
Matt Stafford QB
Jermichael Finley TE
Joeseph Addai RB
BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
Eric Decker WR
Jason Avant WR
Michael Jenkins WR

I'm in an 11 person league, so I had a bye the first week. Even with this team, I'm only 3-4. The D was the last thing I picked in the draft, so I'm pretty much stuck there. I've also surprisingly been starting Stafford most of the year over Rivers, but I still don't want the Lions in the Super Bowl.

For college, I mostly follow the Big 10 conference, but being from Iowa, I also have to follow the possible demise of the Big 12. That being said, I hope Nebraska gets destroyed the rest of the season. I don't think any of the teams in the Big 10 wanted them to join. I don't want them here. Any other conference willing to take Nebraska of our hands? Please?
Old 2011-11-02, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

I still can't get over the gigantic game of muscial chairs that college football is going through. The Big East alone is either going to die altogther or at least lose their automatic BCS bowl bid. I mean we have all kinds of schools moving into all different kinds of confrences and yet they still aren't a playoff system. It's a fucking joke. I just have faith that since the BCS is so completely and utterly retarded that someday in my lifetime we will see a playoff decide the national champion.

Old 2011-11-03, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Unless they figure out a way to make more money from a playoff system then they do now with the BCS, it probably won't happen.

I just found out the other day that Boise St has more wins (and most undefeated seasons) in the past 10 years then all of the big name schools, including every team that won a championship in those years. I know they have a weak schedule, but you'd think the team with the best win record over a decade would at least get a chance to prove themselves, but not in the BCS
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-11-03, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

As much as I hate the blue turf, Boise to the BCS is like turning on ESPN to catch west coast sports, it's a fact of life....and it stupid. There should be some playoff system for the weeks leading up to the BCS bowl games. Yes Oregon and Auburn was sweet last year, but for 3 quarters those teams looked sloppy after a few off weeks.

And rid us of these lesser bowl games, how the hell many do we need?

Crazyduckling, trade one of those QB's, you'll get straight cash for one of those guys.

And I too am a fan of all sports, I love competition. Actually, I lie, I cannot take Tennis seriously. But every other sport from PGA to Nascar, I'll watch it over reality TV any day..

And soccor/futball is best watched on SAP. Just saying...

Old 2011-11-04, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Raymac
Brigadier General

Everytime I watch March Madness I think of how much more awesome a college football tournament would be. The crazy thing about it is that they already have a 1 game playoff to decide the national champion. They just need to expand it. Hell they could even keep the major bowls as like the Final Four.

The BCS is just so retarded, someday they'll do away with it and let the final rankings be decided on the field just like every other sport in the world.

Old 2011-11-04, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I'm 6 and 2!

Theoretical Starters
Aaron Rodgers (6# first round, worth it)
Michel Turner
Mike Tolbert
Jackie Battle
Steve Smith
JamesJones/JonBaldwin/EarlyDoucet in a gamble/rotation
Jermichael Finnley
Desmond Bishop
49ers D
John Kasay

Backups:
Jonathan Stewart
Felix Jones
Cowboys D
Heath Miller (I may promote him)

I had Reggie Wayne, I dropped him last week, I'd rather bet on some potential sleepers than have dependable mediocrity.
I'm a bit Pack heavy, mostly unintentional, though it's my team. Their receivers are a bit of a crap shoot week to week because it's thrown all over the place.
Still managed to win on the bye week somehow. Jackie Battle saved my ass monday night.

For college:
I'm a Kansas Stater...the Big 12 doesn't end very well for us.
Last week's game sucked too.
Also: What the hell are we going to do when Snyder retires again?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2011-11-08 at 09:18 PM.
Old 2011-11-08, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

5-4, ranked 3rd, this is fucking sweet. I now lead the league in scoring. I got Aaron Rodgers for a steal at Round 2 #6, I couldn't believe it. I'm this close to dropping Reggie Wayne, Torrey Smith may be a nice replacement. I'm trying to shop Gonzales now but I aint getting any budgeters.

That LSU/Bama game was a sleeper. My friend got his first career college TD for Cal, that was a big personal moment (some may know who Kapp is). Oregon/Stanford this weekend should be a big one.

Haynesworth got dropped by the Pats, lolz.

Last edited by BUGGER; 2011-11-08 at 08:28 PM.
Old 2011-11-08, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BUGGER View Post
I'm this close to dropping Reggie Wayne, Torrey Smith may be a nice replacement.
Drop Wayne. The only people that might be okay to have from the colts are Addai (if he gets healthy) and Garcon.

Also, Penn State? Wtf is going on over there? I feel awful for all the fans and their situation. I'm not gonna pin anything on Joe Pa until I know more, but that whole situation is just really unfortunate and honestly quite sad. I don't think anyone will ever know the full story.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge