Your personal observations - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ( . )( . ) BOOBS!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
raykor
Private

Re: Your personal observations

PS2 “may” be amazing but I won’t know that until I spend some time playing it. But from all that I have seen so far, I can absolutely conclude that it is going to be a very different game. There are many changes that I love and many that I really don’t like. Despite all the lip service, I don’t think PS2 is being tailored to satisfy the 50-100k PS1 vets; they are going after the tens of millions of modern shooter fans.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I know Figment didn't want us to comment on other people's observations, but I think he made a lot of great ones, many of which can be extrapolated well beyond the demo, but some of it is just new players not knowing how things work, and/or having lots of resources so you didn't care about losing things.

Overall the big takeaways that I saw was TTK was noticeably too fast.

This makes medic healing and engineer repair a lot less valuable, as was spotting like Figment said, though I expect that will pick up a lot. TTK on vehicles was also way too fast. Nothing lived long enough to be useful and it was really just a matter of who saw the other guy first. That doesn't leave much for strategic or team-based gameplay.

Also support activities did not appear to be encouraged at all. The game doesn't help that either by focusing on kills, killstreaks, k/d, etc, instead of objectives and overall score. So they got what they encouraged.

I think I'll defer to Figment's observations, pretty much the same here. Game looks great, but gameplay has a long way to go.

Edit: oh and of course I like the new centralized UI, but I already had a thread on that.

Great post, I agree with a lot of what you said.

By beta I'm sure the vehicle collision damaged will be toned down, and then we can see during beta if everything works how it was designed, in a large multi kilometer map instead of in a tight CoD style area.

I'm hoping medics and engineers are almost as common as standard troopers, they are absolutely critical to maintaining a proper front line.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

TR max runs like a girl.

Old 2012-06-07, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
klu
Corporal

it seems character names are in a caps only font, i do not approve of mandatory capitalization
Old 2012-06-08, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
DayOne
Captain

Vehicle terrain damage needs to be toned down a LOT! I don't want trees of doom all over again and obviously fall damage will be turned up, I hope.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion