How to fix the AV MAX - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Racist?! I watch Oprah Winfrey every day!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-20, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to fix the AV MAX

After firing the old Falcon 87,000 times I sincerely hope the new changes to the AV MAX gives you the option to go back to what we had.

•NC NCM2 Falcon
◦Reload: 2.5 seconds changed to 2.4 seconds (10th of a second, a lot if you are running the 100m but reloading a MAX is nothing)
◦Max Projectile Velocity: 80 changed to 100 ( Feels like 10 not 100)
◦Projectile Gravity: 1.5 changed to 0.5 (probably the only buff the Falcon got)
◦Direct Damage: 750 changed to 675 (could understand this if it didnt feel so slow and didnt fire giant orbs aka VS oh and in game its says 700)

The new changes to the AV MAX will predictably be to encourage you to spend more cash on something new (new meaning they took it away in the first place).
We also intend on adding indirect fire/grenade launcher options for the MAX
Here's a novel idea, be creative and add some cert options to the damn things and allow attachements?
They currently only allow Camo as an option.
How hard would it be to make an Optic, Barrel, Rail and Ammo option for the Falcon?
Or does that not fill the coffers so its not a viable path to take?
Old 2013-04-20, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I honestly don't think that we in the NC have much to complain about. It's the TR that have been screwed over big time; the new Pounder (gravity 10) is ....words fail me.
Old 2013-04-22, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I've spend some time now with the new Comets, both in game and in VR, and I do think that they have potential against armour and infantry.

One thing in particular caught my attention when I was testing them out in VR; they are spaced much closer together than dual Falcons are. This doesn't sound of any great significance until you consider what happens when you shoot at a stationary infantry target at close range.

With dual Falcons the rounds can pass either side of the target when you aim carefully at the centre of the chest. To get around this, you can fire the Falcons alternately at close range, the left Falcon aimed a bit to the right, then shift aim a bit to the left before firing the right Falcon. Both shots then land; result - kill, but tricky to pull off during CQC.

With dual Comets, both rounds usually hit due to the close spacing of the guns. It's not a kill, of course, but there are 2 rounds in each mag so you can finish the job quickly.

Plus the indirect damage is 200, which is proportionally a lot higher than the 250 of the Falcon - possible to deal out 800 indirect damage in one reload cycle with Dual Comets; only 500 with dual Falcons.

Not looked at the spacing or indirect damage of Pounders yet. In fact, I've barely touched them since they suffered the appalling gravity increase.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-04-22 at 07:12 AM.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

More possible changes to the Falcon damage?
Remembering the last patch changes stated:
◦Direct Damage: 750 changed to 675
even tho in game you can see its currently saying 700.

And I'd love to see someone analyse the muzzle velocity between the Falcon(100m/s) and the Raven(85m/s).
Certainly looks to the eye that the Raven is faster yet the stats say its slower.

Old 2013-05-02, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Found a simple test, equip a Raven and A Falcon in the VR.
Fire both at once, the Raven(85m/s) still looks faster than the Falcon(100m/s).
Old 2013-05-03, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Will have to do that test. My impression was that the Raven was slower, but I didn't fire them together.

What I did find out whilst VR testing dual Ravens is that they are a one salvo kill to infantry. This contradicts the in game stats, which show damage = 490. I tested this dozens and dozens of times, and consistently get the 2SK.

Not sure what to think about the Raven yet; if indeed they are an intended 2SK then they are insanely OP against infantry even at long range. Their downside is that you need top keep your crosshair on target to get the hit, so no ducking in and out of cover when taking on a tank. And the burst damage is lower.

Edit - just spotted your Falcon screenshot from the test server. 850 damage; yes please.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-05-03 at 08:08 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Tested out the Raven alongside the Falcon; the Raven definitely has a higher velocity.

Stood on the corner of the VR base, and fired both simultaneously at the top half of the cliffs behind the VS Liberator in the distance; Raven projectile hits first every time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion