Devs: Engineers Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 40% packet loss makes me cry.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Re: Devs: Engineers Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's.

Got some bitter vets being bitter in this thread, If you give engy ammo then he can put down turrets and mines then rearm? That wouldnt be broken at all.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Mechzz
Major

I'm not sure that with regenning health that we should give ammo boxes to someone who can get to the most awkward places.

So here's an idea I haven't seen before on how to resupply ammo:

Give the Max and HA the ability to drop ammo boxes but NOT their own ammo, only ammo for other classes.

Solves the lone-wolf problem but provides a way to preserve at least the spirit of the old practice of dropping a few ammo boxes at the top of the first flight of tower stairs.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
Promod players are often time really good indeed. It's the console version that exists of kill whores to be honest. the PC community is pretty dedicated.
problem is (towards Evilhomer/not you dilla) no one said cod players weren't any good. they tend to be especially good at camping and kill whoring. Exactly what were saying the LA kit will be especially adept for.

Last edited by Top Sgt; 2012-06-06 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
problem is (towards Evilhomer) no one said cod players weren't any good. they tend to be especially good at camping and kill whoring. Exactly what were saying the LA kit will be especially adept for.
Well, I've played some promod myself, and I haven't experienced anything of the negativity you are portraying.

I think it also depends on what falls under camping, cause sneaking around the map not making noises and stop at certain spots to scan areas isn't camping in my book, and this is the most effective strategy on promod. To be honest watch any clanwars of CS or similar games and you will see players are cautious but not camping most of the times.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Re: Devs: Someone else Should carry Ammo packs..not LA's.

If LA's keep the ammo alteast make the packs limited and they can only re arm 1 or 2 times total per life.
Agreed. I think that is a good compromise.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

your talking about pro mod.. but this game will not just be played by "pro mod" players

Anyways shifting this back on target.. i think the one guy's idea of LA being two different types work best.

The ones with jetpacks and another version with no jet packs but are fast and carry ammo to dish out.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
Got some bitter vets being bitter in this thread, If you give engy ammo then he can put down turrets and mines then rearm? That wouldnt be broken at all.
Then make it so a box of bullets doesn't give you more mines and turrets?
Old 2012-06-06, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by RodenyC View Post
Ammo/Med packs don't belong in general .
^
Old 2012-06-06, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Mechzz
Major

your talking about pro mod.. but this game will not just be played by "pro mod" players

Anyways shifting this back on target.. i think the one guy's idea of LA being two different types work best.

The ones with jetpacks and another version with no jet packs but are fast and carry ammo to dish out.
This is a great way to ensure no ammo is ever dropped imo.

Better to not be able to drop ammo for their own guns and give another class the same ability, including LA ammo. (or do it with Max/HA as I suggested above)
Old 2012-06-06, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

I am indeed, cause the PC community is focussed on that mod. Call of Duty 4 is the only true CoD game on the PC. The rest isn't really played much, and are far more popular on the consoles.

So if anyone would come from CoD and is interested in a more complex game, I'm fairly certain a grand part of that CoD group are from promod.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Fenrys
Major

Ammo cases could be a thing that any infantry can carry in place of grenades/mines, with some resource cost. They would have a limited number of uses, and each use would give a limited amount of ammo.

Even MAX's could bolt an ammo or general resupply crate to their backsides, so their teammates could literally pull ammo and med juice out it's ass (but the MAX itself could not reach it). It should cost more than the infantry cases though, because of the modifications to the MAX, and hold more ammo.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-06-06 at 05:22 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

If the Light Assault class is meant to be autonomous and attack from places other classes cannot reach, they should be given autonomous tools: limited self-heal and self-resupply (i.e. go to an engineer or equipment term to resupply once you have used up your abilities)

The other classes who share more synergies together should have more powerful and long lasting tools:
- Medics: micro-healing along with strong abilities like revives
- Assault engineers: small explosives (mines, etc...) along with larger abilities (deployable turrets, etc...)
- Support engineers: micro resupplies (going from people to people for ammo) along with strong abilities like an equipment terminal deployable (supplies a large pool of ammo once deployed but eventually runs out)

The concept of inventory limits from PS1 plays out in PS2 as class customization.

Anyways, that's how I see the classes and Light assault is really the lonewolf class along with infiltrators. I think it will be unlikely to find those tagging along with the regular classes during a firefight.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

I am from the camp that nobody should be able to drop ammo.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-06, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Canaris
Contributor
General

you know in APB they had a nice little idea that a player could activate a ammo reload, they pull out a crate and hunker down, making them vulnerable in this position and unable to shoot unless they exit the mode. I'm for field resupplying but it should have consequences and be tactical.

my 3 fiddy

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-06, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

I'd rather see everyone have a "pass ammo" ability, as well as certs/sidegrades for armor that allow for extra ammo. Given the variety of ARs in the game, many of them can be geared to using the same ammo while many HA weapons might use the same ammo. This wouldn't work as well for AV weaponry since I suspect all the various AV weapons available will use different forms of ammo.

So break it down to cycler ammo, gauss ammo, power packs (VS batteries, which would be universal for all their weapons except AV weapons), chain gun belts, jack hammer drums, and whatever other ammo "clips" you might be carrying. Aim at a friendly and hit a button and you pass a clip of ammo normally used by the weapon you are currently holding automatically.

Limits the amount of ammo you can carry into battle to 2-6 clips depending on the weapon (lighter ARs might have 6 clips while MCGs only offer 2, which with the ammo in gun would be 300 rounds). With reserve ammo extending it by 1 or more clips depending on certs put into it, and passing a clip literally takes a clip from your reserves and gives it to the friendly you're aiming at.

All in all though, I think LA are the right troops for the ammo pack ability, if any one class is "the" class for it.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-06-06 at 06:58 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion