Regenerating Health?...Why? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: bite my shiny metal ass.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Stew
Major

Re: Regenerating Health?...Why?

Originally Posted by Goldeh View Post

Furthermore, it kind of makes medics less worthwhile to pick as a class. Why bring a medic right when you can just run away and regen right? The way I see it is that medics would be just used more for revivals then actually healing. Since everyone can heal.

If anything, regen health should be kept as a perk and not as a base passive that every class gets. Assuming that's what it is.
medic can actually and are actually the Only ones who can REVIVE peoples so in a games like planetside the ability to REVIVE people Worth to play this class Nothing to do with the (( healing )) i think every class should be able to heal themself if not it reduce the pace of the game and encourage CAMPING and ARMA style of gameplay Planetside should never be like ARMA !

SO Medic = REVIVE and Revive = the most valuable thing on this game !

When your inside a ennemy base nothing wotrh more than been able to bring back few guys in a infiltration of in a assault !

They will not respawn at 1 km away and have to go back to the base they will be actually rigth ehre they got kill back into the actions

So Revive did not worth enough to take the class ? you need everyones to finally become a medic to heal themself because none of the ramdons are doing it ?
Old 2012-06-05, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Kaw
Corporal

Originally Posted by Crovus View Post
That's because TB was using admin commands to switch between classes. Just wait until tomorrow when we get the second stream (pay attention to utilities) or todays stream gets put on youtube.
The part of the video I linked has his health regening without switching classes. Unless you think that passive health regen comes along with admin powers, it looked like exactly what the op was complaining about. I'm just saying, as far as I can tell there is evidence that suggests that this is not something you have to make a sacrifice for, and there is no evidence to suggest that there is a sacrifice to be made. Either way we will see more tomorrow.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Oh hey! it's the creators of Doraleous and Associates! *glee*
Old 2012-06-05, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Goldeh View Post
Oh hey! it's the creators of Doraleous and Associates! *glee*
those story are my battlefield Life while playing with randoms ! damned funny but damned true !

So i would like to not having to depend on to many randoms to heal me if their is no medic in my outfit ! Or alway having to be a medic myself just to heal myself its silly !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-05 at 10:52 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Crovus
Private

Originally Posted by Kaw View Post
The part of the video I linked has his health regening without switching classes. Unless you think that passive health regen comes along with admin powers, it looked like exactly what the op was complaining about. I'm just saying, as far as I can tell there is evidence that suggests that this is not something you have to make a sacrifice for, and there is no evidence to suggest that there is a sacrifice to be made. Either way we will see more tomorrow.
My point about him switching classes was that because he was switching with admin commands you couldn't see what utilities he had equipped on the classes.

EDIT: Also want to state that not everyone health in the stream regenerated.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Whatever it is some of you are smoking, either gimme some or put the crackpipe down.

The healthregen atm in PS2, judging by all the current video evidence, takes AT LEAST 25 seconds to kick in, and takes several seconds to heal someone back to full.

There is a simple reason why a lot of you didn't notice it and say "There is no health regen.".
That's because people die long before it kicks in, only a few people in the stream actually survived long enough to have their health regen kick in.

And it making medics obsolete is just outright inane.
We are not talking about CoD or BF levels of regen, were I hide for 5 seconds and am back to full health, we are talking AT LEAST half a minute, half a minute in combat is a fucking eternity.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
EVILoHOMER
Major

I'm all for regenerating health, it works well in BF3 to the point where you still need medics but it helps out if you're not shot at long enough. It works by making sure you don't have to take time out of the action to go and find a terminal (in PS2) and heal up which was always tedious in PS.

Everyone is so elitist on these forums, it's a good feature and lets see how it plays out before people start moaning, it works in BF3 so probably works in PS2 as well.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I'm all for regenerating health, it works well in BF3 to the point where you still need medics but it helps out if you're not shot at long enough. It works by making sure you don't have to take time out of the action to go and find a terminal (in PS2) and heal up which was always tedious in PS.

Everyone is so elitist on these forums, it's a good feature and lets see how it plays out before people start moaning, it works in BF3 so probably works in PS2 as well.
Great, now you ruined it.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
EVILoHOMER
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post

We are not talking about CoD or BF levels of regen, were I hide for 5 seconds and am back to full health, we are talking AT LEAST half a minute, half a minute in combat is a fucking eternity.

I don't play COD any more so cannot remember what it was like but Medics are not useless in BF3.....

All the time people are asking for med packs from medics and most the time you do not get them. So regenerating health always helps out in those situations and it doesn't regen back fast at all, if you're be shot at constantly it wont even regen at all.

Medics are useful when people play their class, med packs give you your health back so fast and reviving not only gives people a lot of points but it keeps them in the game and takes that death off their K/D ratio.

It also gives people a chance to fight back against the odds. Where if say you're stuck at the top of a tower in Planetside with no where to go cause they have vehicles on the outside and spawning from the bottom. Regenerating health might give you some time to recover and try and fight your way out of there. Where as without it in Planetside and without med packs you'd be sure to die very fast even if you're the most skilled player.

Also don't forget that in Planetside armour counted for more than health, so if PS2 is the same then you'll still need lots of armour repairs.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
EVILoHOMER
Major

Great, now you ruined it.
?

BF3 is a great game and shows Regenerating health works well..
Old 2012-06-06, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

I don't play COD any more so cannot remember what it was like but Medics are not useless in BF3.....

All the time people are asking for med packs from medics and most the time you do not get them. So regenerating health always helps out in those situations and it doesn't regen back fast at all, if you're be shot at constantly it wont even regen at all.

Medics are useful when people play their class, med packs give you your health back so fast and reviving not only gives people a lot of points but it keeps them in the game and takes that death off their K/D ratio.

It also gives people a chance to fight back against the odds. Where if say you're stuck at the top of a tower in Planetside with no where to go cause they have vehicles on the outside and spawning from the bottom. Regenerating health might give you some time to recover and try and fight your way out of there. Where as without it in Planetside and without med packs you'd be sure to die very fast even if you're the most skilled player.

Also don't forget that in Planetside armour counted for more than health, so if PS2 is the same then you'll still need lots of armour repairs.
Why are you trying to convince me of something I'm already agreeing with?

?

BF3 is a great game and shows Regenerating health works well..
You invoked the name of it, which shall not be named, so therefor 75% of the people will go "RABBLERABBLERABBLE BF SUX" and just shut down.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-06-06 at 05:58 AM.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
EVILoHOMER
Major

Let them whine on, hopefully SOE has designers to design the game and not have to listen to what people say too much on the forums. See when you listen to the forums you get stuff like TEF taken away in SWG because of all the whiners. Remember the glowing Vanu force blade? That was taken away due to forum whiners Oh yeah and the world was killed in WoW because of forums whiners not wanting to travel......

Developers just need to design a game they find is fun and the rest will take care of itself.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Remember the glowing Vanu force blade? That was taken away due to forum whiners
I think that was taken away, because it was pretty fucking dumb to have the vanu infiltrator run around with a frickin glowstick.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
EVILoHOMER
Major

I think that was taken away, because it was pretty fucking dumb to have the vanu infiltrator run around with a frickin glowstick.
It was my fave thing to sneak up on ppl and turn it on and scare them I remember I kept saying keep it and at least put it as a second ALT fire option but no You could pretend you were a Jedi running around or do glow stick base raids and all die.

Hopefully it'll be a customizable extra in PS2.

Last edited by EVILoHOMER; 2012-06-06 at 06:10 AM.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Dreamcast
Major

The funny thing is I bet the people crying about this are the same people in Planetside 1 who healed themselves everytime they got shot......

They were probably against classes too when it came out.

So Planetside 2, has a slow as hell health regen....Which is way better than Planetside 1 where most people just healed themselves pretty damn fast since a lot of people had medic cert....and you guys are crying?....lol

This a huge improvement over Planetside 1.....The only reason people are hating because Health Regeneration is associated with Battlefield and Call of duty.

Fact is Medics will be way more valuable in planetside 2 than in Planetside 1.....where most people were medics with snipers/heavy assults etc and instantly healed themselves when shot.......so don't say it ruins the medic in Planetside 2 lol.

Devaluing medics LMAO.....Planetside 2 enhance them with classes.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-06-06 at 06:24 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion