New Facility Walls via Higby - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our Marketing Department Crashed :(
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-19, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: New Facility Walls via Higby

NewSith, I'd remove jumppads and replace them with medium size ziplines on the wall itself. Jump pads IMO should not have more than 8 meters distance or so. I could see them inside the courtyard to get up to the walls, but they shouldn't be used for long distance travel. Indeed certainly not to bypass the walls. Same goes for teleporters. If they're in, their access points should be manually conquered on both ends.

Btw, speaking of jumppads, have you noticed how many exploit the "place minigun on landing pad so people crash into it before they lose speed" thing? Extremely lame exploit.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-01-19 at 04:46 AM.
Old 2013-01-19, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

They mentioned in the live Command Centre that there have/will be changes to the jump-pads.

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/357986747 @ 6:25
Old 2013-01-19, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Mietz
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
NewSith, I'd remove jumppads and replace them with medium size ziplines on the wall itself. Jump pads IMO should not have more than 8 meters distance or so. I could see them inside the courtyard to get up to the walls, but they shouldn't be used for long distance travel. Indeed certainly not to bypass the walls. Same goes for teleporters. If they're in, their access points should be manually conquered on both ends.

Btw, speaking of jumppads, have you noticed how many exploit the "place minigun on landing pad so people crash into it before they lose speed" thing? Extremely lame exploit.
Jumppads are extremely lame, you can ping-pong farm most of the infantry with a MAX, especially with NC.

The problem comes again with infantry draw distance and performance, you spot the landing infantry just before they touch down, not even enough time to snipe them out the air or deliver some kind of damage.

Maybe with increased MAX render distance the farm at jump-pads will stop.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion