Quick Knife - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: (LD)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Quick Knife
Yes 45 18.52%
No 198 81.48%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-07, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Re: Quick Knife

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I don't want quickscope. I don't want quick-knife. I don't want killcam. I don't want a goddamned Call of Dookie MMO-FPS.
Agreed.

You know what that feels like? It feels like when SciFi channel became Syfy.
Old 2012-02-07, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Tikuto
Major

Thumbs up Re: Quick Knife

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
You know what that feels like? It feels like when SciFi channel became Syfy.
lol'd

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2012-02-07, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Neksar
Corporal

I think they just meant 'quick knife' in the sense that there is a dedicated melee button. That I can support. I highly, highly doubt that they meant an insta-kill knife. The reason knives in Call of Duty kill instantly is to give players a reason not to just hump one anothers' legs with shotguns and SMGs.

I bet Planetside 2 will have assassination mechanics for knives after certain customization options, since TTK will go down. An infiltrator will need to have some way to be able to pick off enemies without being offed almost instantaneously. I mean, if one considers how squishy a spotted infiltrator was in PS1, then an even-more-squishy PS2 infiltrator will likely need to be able to assassinate with a knife to level the playing field.
Old 2012-02-07, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

I don't want quickscope. I don't want quick-knife. I don't want killcam. I don't want a goddamned Call of Dookie MMO-FPS.
^this x10000000000
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Good point actually.

And weapon smashing in the face could be quite good, if done well. But i have yet to see someone doing it well. It was mostly just completly screwed up and useless, or overpowered.
The first Red Orchestra probably had the best buttstock swinging I've seen (probably the only good enough, too). It was really powerful, but I guess it wasnt OP due to the fact that it's one of those games where a single bullet just about anywhere puts you out of the game. So actually getting that far to buttstock/bayo someone was so risky.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-02-07, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

Because that is just what the stealthers need is a f'ing quick knife.

Stealth Engineers already piss me off enough in PS1.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Opinions on this seem to be varied and passionate. We are very much interested in hearing everyone's opinion.
Opinions might be varied, but they're also conspicuously leaning towards one side over the other.

All I'll say is, there's a bigger market for non-CoD/BF-like games than there are for them. I don't know if that's applicable, but I can't think why else quick knives would even be under consideration.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Arrow
Corporal

I voted no but I wouldnt mind it if it wasnt instakill but NO and I REPEAT NO homing melee like fucking halo, where you can leap and teleport to smack someone or like call of duty where your taking a shotgun to the face but surviveto knife someone. Thats just retarded. If it were a quick knife it would have to be sensible and only be instant kill from the back and you actually have to physically aim it properly like the original knife in PS1 in order to land a hit.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

This.

Maybe a quick, but weak "Hit with the butt of the gun" attack maybe? Something that knocks around the target? Does like 5% damage, but knocks them back a little, with a slight disorientation?

But no COD knifing.

And it CANNOT be homing like COD/Halo's.

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-02-07 at 03:24 PM.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
NEWSKIS
Corporal

Personally I liked the original knife system. It forced you to actually be able to aim and wasnt just a "oh theres someone x feet from me, jam the knife button and pray for a kill". Just because CoD or BF have something doesnt mean it will be a great addition to PS. I just hope they dont try to straight up copy things, I'd rather they make PS a unique game and not CoD or BF with the PS storyline.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Miir
Malvision

I vote for no knives.

It's the future they don't need them
Old 2012-02-07, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
SKYeXile
Major General

slap a VVN on this one.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-02-07, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Neksar View Post
An infiltrator will need to have some way to be able to pick off enemies without being offed almost instantaneously. I mean, if one considers how squishy a spotted infiltrator was in PS1, then an even-more-squishy PS2 infiltrator will likely need to be able to assassinate with a knife to level the playing field.
The problem I have with this idea is that it's bad. If you have to level the playing field for a class in a game like this by giving it an insta killing weapon then you've made a mistake somewhere along the design process.

Come to think of it, what role do infiltrators have now that hacking is out? I'm genuinely interested what their plans are for this class.
Old 2012-02-07, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
SKYeXile
Major General

archledger posted about people complaining about OSOK knifes, i dont think a nife gibbing is a problem, the problem is more what you get in COD, where you press the knife, lunge 10m across the field then gib somebody.

i think a knife gibing in PS2 is fine, provided power mode is activated and you're behind especially for infils, may have to be some charge up delay on that.

but IMO, MAX and heavy should possible be able to gib with a frontal shot in power mode, just not with a quick knife.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-02-07, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
AshOck
Private

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
While in the end people dont want quick KNIVES, many seem to like the idea of quick hitting with the weapon for example, while knifing would still have to happen equipped. This is the kinda variation he might be pointing to.

Just cos this poll only has yes and no does not mean its really that black and white.
Agree with this but definitely no quick knife insta killing please.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion