Feel a little betrayed by tech test - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not take internally
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-21, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Feel a little betrayed by tech test

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Relax. There is plenty of time to feel "betrayed" when you don't get in on the first wave of real beta invites.
That's certainly when I intend to feel betrayed.

So betrayed

lol
Old 2012-07-21, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I'll be giving them a full week if SOE has daily invites once closed beta "officially" starts then once that week is up and still no invite, finally I'll turn to drinking to drown my sorrows... maybe.

I ****ing hate the taste of pop, let alone beer. What can I say? My throat and stomach involuntarily gag on carbonated/fizzy drinks. And really, I just don't care to drink alcohol.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

So ronery....

Relax, folks. We're all more or less guaranteed to get in before go-live.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Obviously the devs have made an egregious mistake because they did not invite ME.

I am clearly the best candidate for the tech test because I am far more intelligent than anyone else.

Not moving my name to the first invitee spot clearly shows their selection process was woefully inadequate.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post
Obviously the devs have made an egregious mistake because they did not invite ME.

I am clearly the best candidate for the tech test because I am far more intelligent than anyone else.

Not moving my name to the first invitee spot clearly shows their selection process was woefully inadequate.
You forgot the point that the game will now clearly be ruined since you can't give emergency feed-back to the devs to save it from the unwashed masses.

That's easily my favorite repeat posting.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-21 at 10:50 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Maybe because whether or not you've played PS1 doesn't matter. This OP sounds very much like "complaining/whining"

They don't CARE if anybody played PS1. They TOOK A RANDOM SAMPLE FROM THE APPLICANTS!!!!!!

You'll get to play the video game soon. I don't see the point of starting a thread solely for the purpose of complaining that somebody else got to play and you didn't. And however you want to word it, that is exactly what it boils down to. God... people...

The mods guy has competition for most pointless thread
Old 2012-07-21, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
Maybe because whether or not you've played PS1 doesn't matter. This OP sounds very much like "complaining/whining"

They don't CARE if anybody played PS1. They TOOK A RANDOM SAMPLE FROM THE APPLICANTS!!!!!!

You'll get to play the video game soon. I don't see the point of starting a thread solely for the purpose of complaining that somebody else got to play and you didn't. And however you want to word it, that is exactly what it boils down to. God... people...

The mods guy has competition for most pointless thread
No, this guy has proper format to list his pointless points. Lol oxymoron!
Old 2012-07-21, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Cutter
Private

Folks, no need to be rude. We alll feel slighted over something or other at some time and the OP has a valid point. However, this is simply part of life and there are more important things to dwell on. Try to step back and always look at the big picture. Over a 1/4 of the world's population goes hungry and doesn't have access to clean water. Millions literally starve to death every year, and we have a multitude of our own serious problems here at home. So just remember that whenever you're feeling hard done by - regardless of what it is - just remember you could be starving to death in some 3rd world country right now and luxuries like video games really don't amount to anything at all in that world.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

I think the game test process would be better served being performed by not dipshits.

Oh wait... we were supposed to mock someone pointlessly while pretending like we're the mature ones, right?

I think I did it wrong.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by DarkChiron View Post
I think I did it wrong.
Nah, spot on.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

I feel betrayed by the existence of this thread
Old 2012-07-21, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Nah, spot on.
Hurray! I'm fitting in!
Old 2012-07-21, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I do think the OP has a valid point. SOE could have taken test test applicants from the pool of vets/priority keyholders (the people who were supposed to get into the game first). The hardware surevy information is related to your SOE account which has your PS1 vet status and/or applied beta keys on it.

The point is - SOE didn't bother doing that. Either by mistake, or else they didn't care. Which was it? Who knows.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Here, have a Big Can of Shut the Hell Up.

I miss that outfit.

Old 2012-07-22, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Greenthy View Post
Read the post before u act all high and mighty please

I agree with the vid as well as the post.
Neither are excluding the other though:
Vets that play for 9years can get mad in that manner about ppl that play(ed) for 2 years.

It is however strange that SOE couldn't find the correct specs in the pool of priority users. Obviously no attempt was made.
Now I'm not QQing, just merely stating it is weird (as is the OP)
You're right. No attempt was made.

BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY WERENT GOING TO MAKE ONE THE WHOLE TIME. TECH TEST WAS NOT ABOUT VETS, IT WAS ABOUT HARDWARE. They were as up-front and honest about this as anyone can be.

Besides, I would be very embarassed to be a grown man crying about being 'betrayed' by a corperation. They made you a video game about a decade ago. That doesn't make you a shareholder. Things change, people gotta work, grow up.

Jesus, 'vet this', 'vet that', what a bunch of entitled little brats. Its amazing how some vets can be so patient and self-aware while others seem to have made their PS1 status their lifes great purpose. You didn't build the pyramids, it wasn't work. You played a GAME. The difference is that when other moved on, you didn't.

Sorry to tell you, but when the gates open, it doesn't mean shit. The only thing that will make anyone elite are the zebra stipes they paid for.

Thank you to all the vets who are grown up and understand how stupid it is to make yet another retarded thread dramatizing the tech test as if the OP grew up with Higby and Smedley.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion