May 4th, the day the Terran Republic will stop! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: YELLOW KNIGHT!!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-23, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: May 4th, the day the Terran Republic will stop!

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
looking in envy at me wearing it
Probably, yes

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
Oh the irony of an NC player trashtalking VS and TR QQers. Do you even get on the real PS2 forums? The NC consist of Q, Q, QQQQQQ.

"The reaver is the worst esf."
"Hacksaws are useless at range."
"Vertical recoil is impossible to compensate."

VS, shut your face and leave. It's our turn.
Now why would anyone want to go on the so called "real PS2" forum when we have such a high standard of debate here?
Old 2013-04-23, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Nathaniak
Corporal

I do notice a lot of AP mine spam recently - never seen many before. Directionality is all well and good, but when each building has 87 entrances, it's easy for someome to come across them the wrong way and shoot them - they're also much more obvious than the other factions' weapons.

Prowler needs an aesthetics buff - the thing needs a diet. A tank that wide makes very little sense, especially with the off-centre weapon mount. Practically, Prowlers take up more space on a road, reducing the TR's capacity to advance with armour.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Probably, yes
No worries it'll be that great I'll gladly hook a brother up

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-04-23, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post

So I had the idea, May 4th we will not fight, maybe we will only login in to see the weapon deal of the day, but we will not fight and not stay long logged in!
If 20% of the TR listened to this on Waterson, which wouldn't happen, then the TR would probably still outnumber the VS on Waterson.

Yeah so you wonder why TR is getting the least number of new players among all the factions these days?”
Waterson :
TR Average population last week: 36.54%
VS Average population last week: 27.74%

At the rate that more VS joined than TR on Waterson, the VS and TR should have equal population in <insert ridiculous number> ************MONTHS***********. UNTIL THAT POINT NO MORE WHINING.
edit: it's a lot longer than that, maths is hard
edit2: 59 months. I think - 5 years. HOLY SHIT, WE'RE SCREWED! ><

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-23 at 12:11 PM.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
If 20% of the TR listened to this on Waterson, which wouldn't happen, then the TR would probably still outnumber the VS on Waterson.

Waterson :
TR Average population last week: 36.54%
VS Average population last week: 27.74%

At the rate that more VS joined than TR on Waterson, the VS and TR should have equal population in <insert ridiculous number> ************MONTHS***********. UNTIL THAT POINT NO MORE WHINING.
edit: it's a lot longer than that, maths is hard
edit2: 59 months. I think - 5 years. HOLY SHIT, WE'RE SCREWED! ><
Server Distribution as of 4/19/13:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dTJpM1E&gid=54

Totals:
NC-35.93%
TR-32.12%
VS-32.95%

Active Characters as of 4/01/13:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UdTJpM1E&gid=3

Totals:
NC-36.07%
TR-32.59%
VS-31.35%

New Characters Created:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UdTJpM1E&gid=2

Totals from 4/01/13 to 4/18/13
NC-68135
TR-58219
VS-66149

NC-35.39%
TR-30.24%
VS-34.36%

I do not have problems with population, Terran republic on Jaeger suffered to Vanu overpopulation for 3 months, after that it was the NC, as all TR we never gave up and even with the smallest population we manage to triple cap.
Since the merge with the Waterson we receive more members, but the combat effectiveness of them are not as good as it was before, in the last month NC overpopulated the server, now the gap is closer, but I am not complain about just one server, I am complain because if here we are on even terms with the NC I know that there must be servers where no TR play this game.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-04-23 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Final thoughts.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Assist
Contributor
Major

Server Distribution as of 4/19/13:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dTJpM1E&gid=54

Totals:
NC-35.93%
TR-32.12%
VS-32.95%

Active Characters as of 4/01/13:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UdTJpM1E&gid=3

Totals:
NC-36.07%
TR-32.59%
VS-31.35%

New Characters Created:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UdTJpM1E&gid=2

Totals from 4/01/13 to 4/18/13
NC-68135
TR-58219
VS-66149

NC-35.39%
TR-30.24%
VS-34.36%

I do not have problems with population, Terran republic on Jaeger suffered to Vanu overpopulation for 3 months, after that it was the NC, as all TR we never gave up and even with the smallest population we manage to triple cap.
Since the merge with the Waterson we receive more members, but the combat effectiveness of them are not as good as it was before, in the last month NC overpopulated the server, now the gap is closer, but I am not complain about just one server, I am complain because if here we are on even terms with the NC I know that there must be servers where no TR play this game.
You do realize you play on a server with a faction of the lowest % population in the game right? The VS on Waterson have lower % population than any other faction in the game, on any server.

Also your complaint is about not gaining new recruits as fast as the other faction, which is a direct correlation to population.. so you are talking about a problem with population.

If you take the % of new characters that would belong to Waterson (13.03%), then how many of those characters for each faction (390tr/450vs a day?), and then the current population numbers from the server distribution(11308vs/14898tr weekly) it works out to like, 9 weeks of the current rate until the VS and TR populations would be equal. I think. That's assuming that those new characters who joined all stayed for each faction, which isn't true. If the retention rate of PS2 was like 30%(high imo), it'd be like 7 months or so until they were equal.

btw you were refering to Waterson in your second post that you already spoke to some Waterson outfits about this who agreed to it(wtf?). TR on Waterson have nothing to complain about when it comes to population.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-23 at 01:22 PM.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You do realize you play on a server with a faction of the lowest % population in the game right? The VS on Waterson have lower % population than any other faction in the game, on any server.

Also your complaint is about not gaining new recruits as fast as the other faction, which is a direct correlation to population.. so you are talking about a problem with population.

If you take the % of new characters that would belong to Waterson (13.03%), then how many of those characters for each faction (390tr/450vs a day?), and then the current population numbers from the server distribution(11308vs/14898tr weekly) it works out to like, 9 weeks of the current rate until the VS and TR populations would be equal. I think. That's assuming that those new characters who joined all stayed for each faction, which isn't true. If the retention rate of PS2 was like 30%(high imo), it'd be like 7 months or so until they were equal.

btw you were refering to Waterson in your second post that you already spoke to some Waterson outfits about this who agreed to it(wtf?). TR on Waterson have nothing to complain about when it comes to population.
The under population is not the main concern here, we already got it and we can live with it, like I said before.
We are stopping because of:

1. If we look back from when the game first launched the Magrider got more kills in one life on average than both the Vanguard and the Prowler combined. Yet it took well like 1-2 months to fix wasn't it? The HE Prowler wasn't even in its OP state for a full month, it got instantly nerfed.

2. People complained about the Carv being too Op, it got nerfed like what twice?

3. NC complained about flinch, it then gets removed making the only true disadvantage of using their guns disappear. (The recoil of NC guns is laughable for anyone who has decent experience in previous FPS games.)

4.NC population was never truly underpopulated and if it was it wasn't that long. Fast forward the NC complained a lot and they got repeatedly were indirectly buffed/ not nerfed so now they out populate the other factions on the majority of servers. NC had the entire fourth faction for over a month after stealing all Vanu's fourth faction, people complained about it, so they buff the VS instead of balancing the NC leaving TR with the only real faction disadvantage now.

5. After all tanks were the most balanced they had been in months and the good Vanu tankers were satisfied with the Magrider the Magrider had it's strafe buffed back. All in order to steal back forth faction from the NC.

6. NC Max was the best scoring Max for like 4-5 months, the other two factions complained about it non stop, and it only got balanced not over nerfed. Today it is still the highest scoring Max to date. After the balance, in which NC Maxes still get ludicrous damage against TR/VS Maxes, the best options for both the TR/VS the Mercies/Cosmos were nerfed even though no one complained about them and no one felt they were imbalanced.

7. To this date TR is the only faction where its faction specific is only part true. The advantage of high ROF is only partially true since many VS guns match them or even beat TR guns. For the HA the best overall gun right now is the TMG-50 which I believe is lowest firing LMG gun for the TR and is basically a direct downgrade of the Gauss Saw.

8. To date TR has the only MBT with a special ability that directly negates it's faction special trait which is ironically "going 5 KPH faster". After numerous dedicated tankers explained over countless months this was a horrible idea for the above reason and, sitting still is very bad on a battle field, an inaccurate off centered turret with high recoil was never meant for precision sniping, the developers ignored us to try to patch up a flawed Prowler concept. To date it remains completely situational, the only ability with a disadvantaged attached, and the only ability that actually makes you more vulnerable to being flanked.

9. With the release of the ESRL's the TR's Striker remains the only one which can be defensively certed against by vehicles (IR Smoke/ Flares), the only one which cannot dumbfire, and the only one which cannot kill turrets.

I still love TR, but I dislike the repeated short end of the stick being dealt to the TR all the same.

---------------------------------------------------

Not written by me, but I think all TR agree 100%!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-23, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

It's because we're the fascists, we don't deserve buffs.
Old 2013-04-23, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Assist
Contributor
Major

It's because we're the fascists, we don't deserve buffs.
You don't deserve buffs because you're not under-performing, lol. You don't get buffs simply because other faction balancing was done or not done.

You are guys are ridiculous. Your complaints about your LMG can be used by the VS as well, welcome to Planetside where not every faction is the same.

The complaint about the MBT's is hilarious. You feel the Prowler should of been left OP longer, because the Magrider was ? LOL.

The complaint about the rate of fire is ridiculous as well, considering the RoF is only part of your faction traits. Are you going to ignore the Magazine size for some of your weapons? Thank god you're not VS, you'd be really crying then. TR have better overall RoF, higher magazine size, and the NC have higher damage with the same magazine size.

NC was underpopulated on quite a few servers. On Waterson for instance, the NC was the lowest population the first 2 months of the game(They were lower than the VS are now). Ignoring facts is not a good way to present your grievances.

Also, what is the TR's faction disadvantage that he mentioned? This whole fourth faction notion has turned out time and time again to be a complete load of shit. First it was the warpgate location. Remember all those posts about how the North Indar Warpgate gets all the 4th faction players? Wtf happened to that when the VS got it? I want our 4th factioners. Then it was the flinch mechanic. Then the faction colors. Next it's going to be the sound of the weapons? Seriously, anyone who believes the fourth faction shit has never taken two seconds to look at the population statistics on each server since release. The only conclusion you can draw in regards to faction balance is that it doesn't matter.
Old 2013-04-23, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Illtempered
First Sergeant

We must be getting trolled....

This quote from a TR on Waterson must be a joke:

"The under population is not the main concern here, we already got it and we can live with it"
Old 2013-04-23, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Also on the coplaint that Anchored mode palys against your main faction trait.

Your Tank's main faction trait is fireing rate. The speed is a secondary trait at best. Anchored mode most definatly does not play against that.
Old 2013-04-23, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh the irony of an NC player trashtalking VS and TR QQers. Do you even get on the real PS2 forums? The NC consist of Q, Q, QQQQQQ.

"The reaver is the worst esf."
"Hacksaws are useless at range."
"Vertical recoil is impossible to compensate."

VS, shut your face and leave. It's our turn.

1 Everyone who isnt insane knows the reaver is the worst ESF. But maybe it doesnt matter since all ESF work just fine for killing ground targets.

2 Hacksaws are useless at range by design - not many people complained about that though - they just used it as a way to justify the extreme short range power.

3 Almost no one has ever said that you cant compensate for vertical recoil. Although at one time early on NC had diproportionate recoil and bloom relative to other factions.
Old 2013-04-23, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Lucecarentes
Private

Not untill you endure the pain and suffering we went thru for 3+ months with only 20-25% pop while TR had 40%.
Also if you think this is bad than I'll just laught at you, you guys still have a good pop on most servers, unlike the VS who lost 50% of their pop 3 months ago and now is finally starting to get new recruits.
Old 2013-04-23, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Greenthy
Sergeant

It's sad that some replies justify imbalance complaints with previous imbalances.
Having been robbed I would not send thieves to my friends or fellow gamers.

I also feel that the TR faction is missing its differentiation, however with returning after a 4 month absence I won't judge the balance parts. But I felt that way back in beta, and here I am back in red. One does not become TR, one can only realise they have been from the start.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion