Is Lasher A Spam Weapon? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only a Vanu would think Purple was cool to wear
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Lasher Lash Friendlies?
Yes, It Should Lash Friendlies as Splash Damage. 46 57.50%
No, It Should Not Cause Damage To Friendlies. 34 42.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-13, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by FatSlice
Krinsath, that's the best explaination I've heard. You must have purple blood running through those veins.
Actually, my first and favorite character is Terran Republic, and I'm a staunch TR supporter..RED AND BLACK FOREVER! I just want people on OTHER empires so I don't have to worry about sharing kills as much. Yeah, it sucks that the past two days the TR have had 26% of the population, but I also am getting a decent number of kills as a result.

I play all of the empires so that I don't let my pro-TR feelings cloud my judgement about what is best for PS as a whole, and you can't make judgements based on two hours of play time on some other empire. Hence the many characters. I have a primary, an alt and a "what the hell" character for each empire that are played on a sort of rotating basis. I do like playing as the Vanu, but no more than any other empire. I really hate playing as VS at the moment...too many no talent n00bs clogging up the ranks. Spent a few hours flying around in a galaxy hacking six bases and only got four kills. I can get more as a TR sniper at any single base in about ten minutes, regardless of circumstances.

These are the only weapons that I think need to be tweaked:

1) Lasher needs to be bug fixed, plus the inventory problem where they can carry twice the ammo of the other two empires needs to be looked at.

2) Pulsar needs to be made into a useful long-range weapon.

3) JH needs to be made more effective than the Sweeper. A pellet spread swap would be the simplest rather than nerfing the Sweeper or buffing the JH damage.

4) TR MAXes need a better special ability. No other empire gives up mobility to use their weapons. With the Decimator being a 2 shot kill and mines being insta-kills, this is a ridiculous ability unless it somehow increases the armor of the MAX while deployed.

5) The Burster needs to be able to hit the flight ceiling. End of story. More needs to be done to that one, as it's the least feared of all the AA MAXes (I fly almost exclusively AGAINST the TR for this reason).

6) The Lock-On bug needs to be fixed already.

7) Infiltrators need a 2nd holster, even if all it can ever hold is a REK (sort of a built-into the suit sort of deal). Or at least an ability to record a macro to switch things around. The inventory management that infiltrators are forced to undertake is ridiculous. Yes, they're support soldiers...but they're still SOLDIERS. Give them a basic means of defending themselves.

8) Pilots need counter-measures. Not a post BR20 thing...ALL OF THEM. Starfires and Sparrows are insane. I don't mind if two or three MAXes get together and bring down an aircraft, but the Starfire simply owns anything in the air. Biggest XP mill in the game because most pilots don't even get time to bail out as fast as the Starfire kills them. I have no problem with Aircraft not being invulnerable, but they should have a damned chance if they're not hugging the ground to get away.

9) Something needs to be done to address the TR vehicle imbalance. It is ridiculous that to operate at 100% efficiency requires 50% more crew than the other empires. The 12mm guns do NOT add that much more to the damage equation. While it is nice that there is that versatility, it doesn't counter-act the economy of force that the NC and VS can muster by fielding half again as many of their tanks. Since they in theory stand an equal chance against each other, the TR will always lose. Fix this, make it so that if there is no third gunner, the empty weapon is controlled by the driver or SOMETHING. It's beyond insane to gimp almost every empire specific weapon that one side has.

Going on an Empire specific breakdown:

NC - Good pistol (choice of infiltrators everywhere), Excellent MA, decent HA (could be better, could be worse), excellent AV, good MAXes, EXCELLENT tank, monstrous buggy.

VS - Below average pistol (has it's strengths, but meh), Bad MA (again...the point of a short-ranged rifle is....?), insane HA (to be fixed), good AV, excellent MAXes, mediocre tank (always great as an AA platform if nothing else), below average buggy.

TR - Average pistol (RoF is crap, but it is accurate...my snipers use it because it conserves ammo), Excellent MA, decent HA, broken AV, near useless MAXes, decent tank 1v1...but it never is so crappy tank, mediocre buggy that nobody uses because it's barely faster than the tanks.

We have a good MA, which the NC also have...that's about it. TR needs some help, badly...but in the meantime, you guys in blue and purple run out there and get me BEP The TR weapons all suck, but damned if that bolt driver isn't effective
Old 2004-03-13, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
GreyFox
First Sergeant

If the Lasher would Lash friendlies, the weapon would become USELESS.

Consider this:

Grenades has an area effect WHEN it IMPACTS.
Missiles has an area effect WHEN it IMPACTS.
Lasher has an area effect WHEN it TRAVELS (the all so ever famous "Lash").

IF this LASH would lash friendlies. Which it must travel past if someone is standing next to you, or slightly infront of you, the weapon would become almost USELESS in crowded situations.

ATLEAST you can lob grenades OVER people.

And another thing:

Whenever you use the Lasher, your body is visible to the enemy you are attacking. This does not need to be true with grenades and other area effect weapons.
Old 2004-03-14, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Hence, I don�t think removing HA from the game will change anything. It would simply shift the whining to other weapons.
This is exactly what I disagree with you on

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion