The NC. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where only 99.9% of us use JackHammers
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-15, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Tanks= Mag is a little too good, mainly because they increased the infantry damage on the Rail gun(wtf were they thinking?)
HRB = 2-3 shots to kill infantry
100 mm = 1 shot
150 mm = 1 shot

good point, wtf were they thinking?
Old 2003-12-15, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma
This thread sucks, lets all just chill out and spread some
Any love that I spread is with M80's and Chainguns. Then the love gets spread REAL good. All over the walls, ground, ceiling, and everything inbetween.
Old 2003-12-15, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by JuSTCHiLLiN

Ugh, I'm tired of replying to this troll post.

Another one who I'm going to tell the same thing, stfu, and if you dont like my threads don't read them. Do you even realise that YOU are the troll is this picture?

---

Well done to all of you who managed to put in a valid argument without feeling the need to btich about someone's opinion. Maybe some people like to flame, maybe they are scared threads like this will get their empire nerfed.

All in all I've learned some things, which was the purpose of the thread. The NC's weakness, straight from the horses mouth for on thing. It's usualy hard to get people to express weaknesses without first tugging on the "you're overpowered" strings.

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-12-15 at 03:18 AM.
Old 2003-12-15, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

You're TR right? guess what, yesterday we fought you guys on forseral and I couldn't run from the dropship center's tower to the nearest tower in a MAX suit! shield on it never took more then 3 prowler shots to take me out. I had to fight without my squad for over an hour! if it isn't a base the TR own it, those prowlers are awesome.

I'll Tell you what, overall, the empires are all sort of balanced. the thing I'm guessing that ticks you all off about the NC is that non of our weapons suck. we don't have any superweapons except for the JH that if you ask me should be a 1 shot kill, not cause I'm NC, just because nobody can withstand 3 shots from a shotgun.
anyhow, the thing is the TR for example have the Prowler, the MCG, and the pounder who pretty much send me running whenever I see them. you don't see much variety on the battlfefield with them but the total firepower is huge.
I haven't really gotten into the vanu, but like all HA weapons they have a superweapon too, maxes are nice, especially that orb shooting AA thing, magrider doesn't mow as much but now that they actually have gunners it's really nice

summary:
NC - all weapons are nice, can hold their own in every battlefield, no weakpoints but no real strong points.
TR - have one great weapon of each kind. Max, infantry, and tank. most of their other weapons aren't too good but they don't really need them.
VS - haven't really looked into it lately, they take a cont and run away, you only get big battles with the TR.
Old 2003-12-15, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
we don't have any superweapons except for the JH that if you ask me should be a 1 shot kill, not cause I'm NC, just because nobody can withstand 3 shots from a shotgun.
Sorry, I only read this far into your post before I realized it was impossible to take anything you say seriously.
Old 2003-12-15, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
TeraHertz
Major

Come on guys, please keep the posts non offensive?
There's no need to try and get one up on people. Just discuss things and don't be affraid to be shown an alternate way of thinking.

---

deadteddy
mags are cool, as long as they arent moving.

hard suspension in a hover craft? wtf
Old 2003-12-15, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Red face

I always find it a pleasure to read the whine posts of people who say "yeah, ive tried those weapons and wow, they are amazing, so much better then everyone elses!!"

Your so full of it. What did you say about maxs ?, toggle shield on, start shooting is it ?, what good does that do, the bloodly sheild dont work while the gun is being fired, moron, if you HAD used the MAX's, you whould know that. The shield on has one use, to allow you a coulpe of seconds to turn around while being shot at. It does not stay up while you shoot back, and there is a sizable delay between it coming back up after you start shooting. Its really not that helpful in a firefight.

Dont get me wrong, i think the scatter MAX is the best Anti-infintry max there is. But the anti air max is sooo not the best one, its way to slow, and the only kills you get from it are if the target is eaither damaged by something else, or it just hangs around while you shoot at it.
As for the anti-armor max, dont make me laugh, the only think its any good at is taking out maxs, other than that, you try shooting a vechical, it will do one of 2 things, run away wayyy before you can destroy it, or run you over.

The AT missile is fun, but not really much use. It takes far to long to reload, by which time your target has dissapered.

Im really sorry your pulsar cant blow up tanks with one shot, or your lasher cant lock on and home in on targets.

I am a firm beleiver that the empire are more or less even. Every empire has its +/-.

Old 2003-12-15, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Activate shield, let opponent drain their clip, fire when they reload, win.

It works so often there should be a law.

NC MAX shield owns. That's just how it is.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-15, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
BDMJ
First Sergeant

How about this law?

If you are carrying a full deci, any max you see is dead. The only max that has a single shot at dodging a deci is the VS max, and even then it's iffy.
Old 2003-12-15, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BDMJ
How about this law?

If you are carrying a full deci, any max you see is dead. The only max that has a single shot at dodging a deci is the VS max, and even then it's iffy.
With client side hit detection, it can be damned near impossible. I've watched a deci shot at me and hit my jump jets, been at the top of my jump (exhausting all jump jets) and had the deci still hit me. Deci is teh evil.
Old 2003-12-15, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

NC MAXes are great, but they don't fly, inflict plasma damage on airplanes...The Vanu have some good man-powered heavy armor there. Note the incredible number of Vanu MAXes that fly over walls and into structures.

The Gauss is a great longer range gun. It is inadvisable to engage Vanu at close range, however, given how many Lashers you'll run into - but that's a problem that spans all the empires. When I play Vanu (hardly ever), I do use the Pulsar. It's pretty good at range, and I can run and shoot a little better with it than other weapons.

Really, though, weapon balance thoughts are all a matter of perspective.
Old 2003-12-15, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Tavin
Corporal

I just started a Vanu on Emerald and I am loving it. The MAXs are far more fun than the NC versions and while I miss my gauss-- the pulsar works just fine when crouched.
Old 2003-12-15, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Ahem, excerpt from the PSU IRC server about 10 min ago [12:00] <SporkfirePS> @8ball Will the VS ever be satisfied with their weapons?
[12:00] <Peacemaker> �SporkfirePS� The 8ball says: 100% POSITIVE NO!!!!!!

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2003-12-15, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
Ahem, excerpt from the PSU IRC server about 10 min ago [12:00] <SporkfirePS> @8ball Will the VS ever be satisfied with their weapons?
[12:00] <Peacemaker> �SporkfirePS� The 8ball says: 100% POSITIVE NO!!!!!!
And you put alot of merit into the word of 8balls do you?

balls to the power 8 more like.
Old 2003-12-15, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
JuSTCHiLLiN
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vick
Just because I am tired of the whining:

Justchillin is a whining troll, with a fucking stupid name. Go post your dumb shit on the official forums. Your opinions are completly absurd. I looked at your little stats. I bet those 6000 kills gave you a ton of insight into how to whine on the forums about how your empire sucks, like it makes you a better player. My stats are better then yours, so my opinion is more valid. You suck at life, your a newb.

lalallalala....
Go post my dumb shit on the OF forums? Why would I, I don't whine about other empires. You should also notice that in my sig I have three NC characters with over 11,000 combined kills. One is a support character with Special Assualt, one is a MAX and vehicle character, and the latest is my heavy assualt character. Let's not forget my 4000 kills as my VS and TR characters. If you want to compare ePenis size feel free, mine is quite large.

In closing:

YOU'RE NOT YOUR YOU TARD

lololomglol!!!!!!!111

JuSTCHiLLiN - JCsuperstar - xxJCxx
www.sghq.com formerly of Immortalis Vita
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion