Feel a little betrayed by tech test - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nuff Said...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-22, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
moosepoop
Captain

Re: Feel a little betrayed by tech test

Old 2012-07-22, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Jesus, 'vet this', 'vet that', what a bunch of entitled little brats.
Noob.

/flees
Old 2012-07-22, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Noob.

/flees
If it means not being naive and not posting stupid threads that make me sound like an 11 year old girl, I'm cool with being new.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Wish I had seen this earlier. Seriously? If you really loved this game it would not matter. Give them their data. It has not started yet.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-07-22, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Radant-J View Post
I agree. If anything, the number is LESS than 5%. The amount of players who will play PS2 dwarfs the number of PS1 players, especially those who post on forums official or not.

So basically, we have this small upper-crust of the playerbase who has experience with the series, with First Person Shooters, with balance [more or less], and perhaps most of all, with the frustrations of the first game's shortcomings.

If I wanted to create an awesome product, I would seek these people out first, and ask them if the new product was more enjoyable than the last, and invite them to try to break it, because you had better believe those who have little to no love for PS will be the first to attempt to hack and exploit it
You and Greenthy should probably just... stop typing... or something.

Seriously I'm trying to say bad things, and yet I don't want to break rules. But stop giving me excuses to want to say bad things, and we'll be good. K?

You are crying because you didn't get to play the game. End of story. FFS please just stop posting!

I'm a vet. And I approve of this message. STFU whiney butt.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-07-22 at 12:41 AM.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
noxious
Second Lieutenant

If I were developing PlanetSide 2 I wouldn't want people stuck in 2003 testing a game that's being released in 2012.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Captain Hindsight says: "Lets not give 130k+ accounts priority access next time!"

Old 2012-07-22, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
If I were developing PlanetSide 2 I wouldn't want people stuck in 2003 testing a game that's being released in 2012.
If I were an intelligent business man, I would want loyal customers to stay loyal. But that's just me, captain logical.

I may not agree with dudley do-little the OP crying because he didn't get into a tech test, but I'm equally in disagreement with you.

Brains people. No matter how hard you try, your gonna have to use em for something. You might as well use them for everything!
Old 2012-07-22, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Tehroth
Corporal

My friend got into beta and he never played an fps let alone ps1. He has a shitty system too and didn't even apply for beta, however I am glad he got into it rather then some self entitled prick who probably relies on government aid and thinks he "should" have it as well.

You are getting first round pick of beta, be happy you are getting anything at all.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
If I were an intelligent business man, I would want loyal customers to stay loyal. But that's just me, captain logical.
I was making a joke for starters. I have been playing BF and Elder Scrolls since they started, never needed a beta priority from Dice or Bethesda to stay loyal for over 10 years. I guess I just think its crazy that any company would publicly announce that they are making over 100k invites top priority. I have been in many beta's over the years and just think these post would be non-existent if you were either accepted to beta or you're weren't. Then just keep checking and wait for email.

I wish I had the client installed I will not lie. But I can wait a few more weeks.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
If it means not being naive and not posting stupid threads that make me sound like an 11 year old girl, I'm cool with being new.
I was pulling your leg.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Haro
Master Sergeant

This is a tech test: I can see no way that including a PS1 player over a non-PS1 player would improve the quality of the testing at all. People may not see it this way (certainly the one video uploader who is at the heart of all this mess certainly didn't understand his role) but the truth of the matter is, all they need is warm bodies to log in. TKing, no TKing, courtesy or experience is largely unimportant at this phase of the game. For the video uploader, the only thing he needs to face is that he broke the NDA, probably because he didn't read or understand it, and SOE will be the ones to handle him.

PS1 players are not entitled to anything in the tech test, as it is technically not beta. There would be no benefit to include them, therefore I don't think we should be chosen exclusively for this. The sole basis for this test should be to gauge it's effects on various hardware and software setups, and to move the game forward into it's next beta phase. Therefore, those who best suit their needs should be chosen, regardless of who they are.

Now, I am a bit intrigued as to how you procured the "facts" about who got into the tech test and who did not, who are PS1 vets and who are not, and what their tech specs are. After all, the game is under NDA, as you pointed out.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-22, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

It does seem a bit strange that they couldn't find all of the specs they wanted for the tech test from a pool of 100,000+ folks with priority beta access.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Haro
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
It does seem a bit strange that they couldn't find all of the specs they wanted for the tech test from a pool of 100,000+ folks with priority beta access.
Who's to say that they haven't? I'm a bit skeptical of the idea that everyone currently in the tech test is particularly brand new. We certainly cannot judge that from whatever videos have been sent out. If people are properly observing the NDA, then they should be keeping quiet about getting in.

Honestly, can we all just let this go? It really isn't a big deal. They probably used some random algorithm to determine who, of everyone matching their specifications, got in. There'd be no real benefit to including non-vets over others.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Rockstone
Private

Originally Posted by Haro View Post
Who's to say that they haven't? I'm a bit skeptical of the idea that everyone currently in the tech test is particularly brand new. We certainly cannot judge that from whatever videos have been sent out. If people are properly observing the NDA, then they should be keeping quiet about getting in.

Honestly, can we all just let this go? It really isn't a big deal. They probably used some random algorithm to determine who, of everyone matching their specifications, got in. There'd be no real benefit to including non-vets over others.
Shouldn't they wait until they exhaust their priority/vet pool first?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion