May 4th, the day the Terran Republic will stop! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Taters gonna tate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-23, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: May 4th, the day the Terran Republic will stop!

Originally Posted by Greenthy View Post
It's sad that some replies justify imbalance complaints with previous imbalances.
Having been robbed I would not send thieves to my friends or fellow gamers.

I also feel that the TR faction is missing its differentiation, however with returning after a 4 month absence I won't judge the balance parts. But I felt that way back in beta, and here I am back in red. One does not become TR, one can only realise they have been from the start.

The game is bay far the most balanced it has been since release.

Nothing TR has is actually bad contrary to whiny opinion.
Some stuff they have may be worst by small margin and I know something they have are best by small margins. Most stuff is essentially equal.

TR the best ESF.
TR has the best LA carbine the Jaguar(and the Lynx is possibly the second best)
TR has the best range of options in pistols.

Basically the only 2 items they have that is possibly worse is the LMG and the MAX. Its my impression that the LMGs atre not actually worse if it is worse the difference is marginal. And MAXes are still being balanced.
Old 2013-04-23, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Nur View Post
The only problem with TR is that we see RED friendlies on the big map.

The rest is useless whining.
That's a big one. I should probably apologize to all the friendly AMSs and armor I call lib fire down on. I must have lost my ability to read a map because I can't tell who the hell owns what without taking an extra few seconds to verify that yes, blue means it's not ours and it's a coin flip to see if it's a VS AMS or if it belongs to Charlie squad. Unless it does. And now I'm not supposed to shoot the guys who are red.
Fuck it, I'm killing everything until I get weapons locked.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-23, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
We must be getting trolled....

This quote from a TR on Waterson must be a joke:

"The under population is not the main concern here, we already got it and we can live with it"
Sometimes I think some people can´t understand a text.
We were underpopulated for 4 months to the VS.
2 Months to the NC.
In the last 2 week we are nearly in even terms with the NC.
So, just because in the last 2 weeks we got an edge you think we never had under population problems?
Also, just because I got "luck" to be in one of the two servers where the TR is not underpopulated, I should not be concerned about it?
And as I said, it is not the main concern, the concern here is why we are getting nerfed in a lots weapon that nobody ever complained about it, like the mercy and the t7 minigun.
And why do the prowler HE got nerfed in less them one month when the scat maxes ruled biolabs during 4 months!
Also the t9 carv was never that good to receive the nerf it received.
Why do the NC6 Gauss SAW got less horizontal recoil, got smaller first shot multi, more damage can equip a compensator to reduce vertical recoil that is not bad, is more precise and the t9 carv just sucks?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

Since the release of the score per minutes with NS weapons where the TR is the best with all of them, it is cleared that the TR are been handicapped so the game can have a "balanced" game play, this is BULLSHIT!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-23, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Sometimes I think some people can´t understand a text.
We were underpopulated for 4 months to the VS.
2 Months to the NC.
In the last 2 week we are nearly in even terms with the NC.
So, just because in the last 2 weeks we got an edge you think we never had under population problems?
Also, just because I got "luck" to be in one of the two servers where the TR is not underpopulated, I should not be concerned about it?
Jaeger was underpopulated for TR possibly, I don't know that situation. According to the VS from Jaeger they were not, but whatever. The TR on Waterson however, which is server you are now on, were routinely 45%+ until the month before the mergers when they dipped to 40%+ daily, when NC finally started to get some pop.

You need to realize you're on Waterson, not Jaeger.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-23 at 07:19 PM.
Old 2013-04-24, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Jaeger was underpopulated for TR possibly, I don't know that situation. According to the VS from Jaeger they were not, but whatever. The TR on Waterson however, which is server you are now on, were routinely 45%+ until the month before the mergers when they dipped to 40%+ daily, when NC finally started to get some pop.

You need to realize you're on Waterson, not Jaeger.
So, because they merged the servers that means I never played on a underpopulated server before?
Does it make any sense to you?
And we are complaining about the unnecessary nerfs we are receiving, losing population is an effect of it, We complain about the cause, not the consequence.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-04-24 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Grammar errors.
Old 2013-04-24, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
ShepardCommand
Private

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
1 Everyone who isnt insane knows the reaver is the worst ESF. But maybe it doesnt matter since all ESF work just fine for killing ground targets.

2 Hacksaws are useless at range by design - not many people complained about that though - they just used it as a way to justify the extreme short range power.

3 Almost no one has ever said that you cant compensate for vertical recoil. Although at one time early on NC had diproportionate recoil and bloom relative to other factions.
1. Any pilot who has piloted all 3 ESFs will tell you the Reaver is not as bad as you guys make it seem. Your rotary hits hella hard, Your faction specific AI gun is brutal against both air and ground targets. You can pull some of the most over-the-top vertical maneuvers in the game.

2. Extreme Short range?

3. NC guns have advantages and disadvantages, just like the other factions. Play to the faction that suits your playstyle or stop whining
Old 2013-04-24, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

You have a point about the claymores... they are bloody terrible.. seriously, what were the devs thinking? The striker with no dumb fire/turret lock on... WHY? but either way I will still play on 4th.. you are TR.. man up sucker.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-04-24, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
ShepardCommand
Private

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
You have a point about the claymores... they are bloody terrible.. seriously, what were the devs thinking? The striker with no dumb fire/turret lock on... WHY? but either way I will still play on 4th.. you are TR.. man up sucker.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Nobody gets turret lock on anymore. So stop whining.

Claymores are amazing if you use them correctly. They just require more thought than their counterparts. Which of course is a problem for most TR, Their bootcamps pound the intelligence right out of them
Old 2013-04-24, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

if you are TR and VS and whine and think you are underpowered, you are a) bad or b) don't actually play. I err on the side of a there. most of you don't know how good you've got it. please take a helping of SHUT THE FUCK UP. Thanks.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-04-24, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
if you are TR and VS and whine and think you are underpowered, you are a) bad or b) don't actually play. I err on the side of a there. most of you don't know how good you've got it. please take a helping of SHUT THE FUCK UP. Thanks.
Good thing i got an NC toon. All those overpowered weapons to play with.
Thanks Higby!

Old 2013-04-24, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Corvo
Corporal

Originally Posted by Goliith View Post
the T5 AMC is an amazing carbine
What? You are kidding, right? I know I wouldn't be able to write that with a straight face

TR has the best range of options in pistols.
Please elaborate. I'm actually starting to enjoy this thread

Last edited by Corvo; 2013-04-24 at 04:24 AM.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
So, because they merged the servers that means I never played on a underpopulated server before?
Does it make any sense to you?
And we are complaining about the unnecessary nerfs we are receiving, losing population is an effect of it, We complain about the cause, not the consequence.
ugh, you're complaining about losing population. You believe it's because of a HANDFUL of nerfs, probably less than the VS have received, and you are choosing to ignore the handful of buffs.

The TR population globally is the same as it was on release. The same cannot be said for the VS, who have lost 2% or the NC who have gained 2%. It seems rather evident that the population that the NC has gained didn't come from the TR, even though you claim they are being nerfed more than the rest! You're not even losing population, you're last of the three factions in number of NEW PLAYERS joining, most of which won't even stay! Guess what? Someone has to be last, for the first time it's finally the TR, and you guys are throwing a fit over it clamoring for buffs! You're not even underperforming, lols. As a faction, the TR still have more active characters than the VS and it will continue to be that way for MONTHS most likely.

You guys really need to learn the difference between bugs and bugged weapons, and intentional nerfs.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-24 at 06:41 AM.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
Please elaborate. I'm actually starting to enjoy this thread

Repeater - far and away the best point blank pistol.

NS-44 - far and away the best long range pistols.

Emperor and NS-357 - comparable to the other lame mid range pistols.

Seriously do you even play the game - this stuff is obvious.
Im starting to enjoy watching these ridiculous TR tears.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-04-24 at 06:47 AM.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Basically the only 2 items they have that is possibly worse is the LMG and the MAX. Its my impression that the LMGs atre not actually worse if it is worse the difference is marginal. And MAXes are still being balanced.
I'll say it once and I'll say it again, you trade me SAW for Carv and Mercy for Hacksaws and then you can start talking about "margins"...
Old 2013-04-24, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ShepardCommand View Post
Claymores are amazing if you use them correctly. They just require more thought than their counterparts. Which of course is a problem for most TR, Their bootcamps pound the intelligence right out of them
Don't even get me started on the NC ones...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion