Regenerating Health?...Why? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who is this Hamma?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Re: Regenerating Health?...Why?

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Yeah, it shouldn't be as quick as BF3.

But don't forget that TTKs are a lot lower than in PS1 - does that extra bit of health make that much of a difference when it takes only a second or two to die? Certainly not as much as it did in the original where it WOULD take 10+ shots to kill a rexo with a Pulsar every single time.
What extra bit of health?

And seriously people, stop with the "IT HAS TO GO BECAUSE ITS BAD IN BF/COD!", it is nowhere near those levels, at all.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

keep in mind how fast paced the combat is now that headshots actually mean something. I think it just gives people some options for when they survive a fight by just a sliver of health. It gives you some incentive to bunker down and keep fighting (and give your teammates a chance to get to you) instead of just jumping off a wall so you can get a fresh body.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
A constant meatgrind with zero spacing between firefights. No, shooters aren't always about that constant meatgrind. BF2, if your squad leader died, you had a moderate walk back. BF3, you can spawn on any squad member, and the flags are so packed you can already start shooting at the next flag(at least in distance terms, cover not necessarily).
Shooters are about shooting people is what I said.

You seriously need to lay off with your BF3-hateparade, I get you greatly dislike the game, but denying gameaspects just because they have been in BF3 in some way or form is just dumb.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Sorry I didn't describe that well at all - the extra health gained from having a medic around or having health regen quickly on its own.

So is it worth running around for a medic to patch you up if that extra % of health will make you last 0.2 seconds longer when under fire? How many people will just say forget it and not bother waiting for a medic and just head into combat regardless?

Medics still have a set role - reviving people and keeping them in the fight with their squad, but having healing parties in the original did slow things down...
Old 2012-06-06, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Sorry I didn't describe that well at all - the extra health gained from having a medic around or having health regen quickly on its own.

So is it worth running around for a medic to patch you up if that extra % of health will make you last 0.2 seconds longer when under fire? How many people will just say forget it and not bother waiting for a medic and just head into combat regardless?

Medics still have a set role - reviving people and keeping them in the fight with their squad, but having healing parties in the original did slow things down...
I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with health regen?
Old 2012-06-06, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
Health for Stamina - What's the tradeoff this time?
Time.

Or do people still not place any value on that in MMOs...

Old 2012-06-06, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Time.

Or do people still not place any value on that in MMOs...
Apparently it's overabundant in large scale combat.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with health regen?
As in - does it make any difference whatsoever in the scheme of things? Perhaps not.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

As in - does it make any difference whatsoever in the scheme of things? Perhaps not.
Well, the way I see it the current form of healthregen does not in anyway hind or replace a medic in a combat situation, at all.

Only thing it does is help with recovery after a fight/retreat (a real retreat people, not just a "Lets hide behind this crate for 2 seconds till my health is full"-retreat).
Old 2012-06-06, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Stardouser
Colonel

Shooters are about shooting people is what I said.

You seriously need to lay off with your BF3-hateparade, I get you greatly dislike the game, but denying gameaspects just because they have been in BF3 in some way or form is just dumb.
Are you talking about regeneration now or game pace? Make up your mind, but in any event, health regen doesn't belong in any game regardless of whether it's BF3 or Awesome Shooter 2000.

If BF3 didn't exist, I would still say this.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Mechzz
Major

Well, the way I see it the current form of healthregen does not in anyway hind or replace a medic in a combat situation, at all.

Only thing it does is help with recovery after a fight/retreat (a real retreat people, not just a "Lets hide behind this crate for 2 seconds till my health is full"-retreat).
Put slow-regen health together with LA jumpjet and ammo box then LA is starting to look like a one-man army?

Jump to a secluded roof, put down your ammo stash then retreat out of line of sight for 60 secs or so to regen after creaming 3 grunts in the CY. Perfect Sunday afternoon on Auraxis!
Old 2012-06-06, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Are you talking about regeneration now or game pace? Make up your mind, but in any event, health regen doesn't belong in any game regardless of whether it's BF3 or Awesome Shooter 2000.

Any proper reason for that?

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Put slow-regen health together with LA jumpjet and ammo box then LA is starting to look like a one-man army?

Jump to a secluded roof, put down your ammo stash then retreat out of line of sight for 60 secs or so to regen after creaming 3 grunts in the CY. Perfect Sunday afternoon on Auraxis!
Don't tell me, I posted a while back that LA should NOT get the ammo.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
And medkits and second wind too!!!!
Heath implant was required to be activated manually, and devastated your stamina.

Second wind ONLY activated IF you were damaged to 20%. any more, or any less and it did not trigger. More times than not, it did not fire off because 20% window is small.

Med kits took innovatory space, quite a bit as well.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Coreldan
Colonel

That is your opinion, not an universal fact though.

I'm not a fan of regenerating health, but I can't say I was screaming out of joy when I've played fe. Planetside or Battlefield 3 on hardcore and end up having to run around with like 1 hp for 10 minutes until I actually die if either nobody is a medic or then the medics are just too lazy to do anything. Even more so on BF3 where you can't see shit anymore at low health.

Sadly, you can't really build a succesful game like this around organized teamplay only. You do have to think about the casuals too who may not have a designated medic in the squad healing them all the time. The game needs to be enjoyable to the masses.

As long as the time for the regeneration to start is fairly long and requires to be out of combat and the regeneration fairly slow, I don't mind that much. But all the better if it's a utility slot that seriously requires you to trade off something.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-06, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
That is your opinion, not an universal fact though.

I'm not a fan of regenerating health, but I can't say I was screaming out of joy when I've played fe. Planetside or Battlefield 3 on hardcore and end up having to run around with like 1 hp for 10 minutes until I actually die if either nobody is a medic or then the medics are just too lazy to do anything. Even more so on BF3 where you can't see shit anymore at low health.

Sadly, you can't really build a succesful game like this around organized teamplay only. You do have to think about the casuals too who may not have a designated medic in the squad healing them all the time. The game needs to be enjoyable to the masses.

As long as the time for the regeneration to start is fairly long and requires to be out of combat and the regeneration fairly slow, I don't mind that much. But all the better if it's a utility slot that seriously requires you to trade off something.
Ah, someone else who gets what I meant.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion