News: The VS Pulsar - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everyone has a hart
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-25, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
EVILoHOMER
Major

Re: The VS Pulsar

Looks more like the Lasher
Old 2012-02-25, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
Oh well, we can't please everyone. If you can articulate what it is you dont like about it, maybe an option can be created that you'll like? You do realize that this is just one variation of the Pulsar
Don't sweat the haters, T. Many of us think the new Pulsar looks fantastic!

However..... Is there any chance we could maybe get it to go on a bit of a diet? It just seems to be a tiny bit on the, uh, "thick" side along the barrel.

I was thinking something along these lines:

Here's the Facebook one for comparison:

Last edited by Erendil; 2012-02-25 at 07:41 PM.
Old 2012-02-25, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
DayOne
Captain

I like it. It looks chunky, as if you could decide whether to shoot the enemy of just club 'em with it!
Old 2012-02-25, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Shotokanguy
Corporal

I think that thing would look way better if some of the...stuff...was removed from it. Like that big gray...line...above the...first blue circle, not the...blue circle near the trigger.

See what I'm trying to say? All that stuff on the gun...maybe you guys had an idea for what it would be, but it just looks like a bunch of stuff. Just clean it up a little.
Old 2012-02-25, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
PsychoXR-20
Staff Sergeant

I liked the first pulsar better, it kept pretty much the same model from PS1 (but more detailed) which I think helps continuity, but it also felt more rifle like. The new one to me loots to boxy, big and inefficient. I almost want to say that the new Pulsar model would work better as a Vanu shotgun.

Then again, we might just need to see the weapon in first person (hint hint), or just from some different angles, there's only so much information you can gather from a half three quarters view (though the first person Pulsar model from PS1 was one of my favorite weapon models). The Reaver is a great example, after being able to see some shots from behind and from the side, it looks completely different from those angles than it did in the very first screenshot we saw of it.

Originally Posted by Shotokanguy View Post
it. Like that big gray...line...above the...first blue circle
I imagine that's a side rail for the Pulsar, top for sights, bottom for the orb launcher, side for flashlights, lasers etc.

Last edited by PsychoXR-20; 2012-02-25 at 10:29 PM.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

That's one bitchin looking pulsar. Almost makes me want to go play vanu... almost.....

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-02-27, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
Oh well, we can't please everyone. If you can articulate what it is you dont like about it, maybe an option can be created that you'll like? You do realize that this is just one variation of the Pulsar
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I'm going to hop in on this and explain my reasoning on why I don't like it. I know the question wasn't directed at me. But I felt it need a answer.

I realize T-Ray that you guys are trying to go with the flat smooth surfaces for the VS because it makes the weapon seem more "alien'ish" I guess is a way to put it. But one of my complaints with the weapon is that it seems almost to alien. Let me explain what I mean when I say that. I realize we don't know all the lore the behind the game.

But, with that said, unless the VS are pulling these baby's off of some alien Vanu assembly line. I would almost expect them to have a more human look to them if that makes since. They would still retain that alien look but yet more human. I feel like the weapon should be more busy so to say and a little more round/squared looking. There is a older image of a guy holding what many think is the pulsar without a butt-stock and that is more of what I would expect from humans trying to make a weapon out of alien tech. This almost seems like a reach I guess. Maybe that's what you where going for. I don't know.

I also know you said there is different versions of this through customization but having seen just this one. I think the thing for me at least is that it is just to flat/bland looking towards the front of the gun. This could be because of the angle we are looking at it compared to a 3D version where I could look at from all sides and be like "ah that's not to bad". But looking at it in 2D here it just seems like a giant flat whale fin with a few flashy features on it towards the grip where the players holds it.

I mean nothing bad by this and this is just my personal opinion. I just feel like the front of the gun needs to be spiced up a little more and it needs to take on some more shape to it. I figured you just wanted feedback on it and I'm not afraid to tell you like others on the forum here. I won't be using it being a NC player. But I'll still have to look at it as I'm mowing you guys down.

V/R
HMR85

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-02-27 at 05:46 PM.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Sleepy
Private

It isn't a bad model, though the barrel design is overdone with colored parallelograms. The aqua colored ones likely represent the emitters themselves, which is a neat enough idea, but there are too many ancillary greys and purples seemingly tacked on just to accent the aquas.

Having said that, I'd be the first to purchase the Original model as showcased in the first Vanu screenshots for PS2 a few months ago. Still the best looking assault rifle shown thus far. Devs, please make this available as per your most recent webcast!

As a side comment, the TR cycler from PS1 is 1000x better than the variants shown for PS2. Really the only model, IMO, which looks notably better in the old game (though the smallish Prowler is not far behind). It looks more like an NC weapon according to PS2's redesign; blocky and stitched together. A flotilla of the new sleek Mosquitos landing with their pilots jumping out brandishing these seems off.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion