TR Soldier Rocking Camo - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because work suxx0rs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-23, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: TR Soldier Rocking Camo

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Aren't you an adult?

And the easiest way to get a response out of Higby is to freak out about it on the forum.
YOU ARE FREAKING OUT, MAN.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-23, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
as usual the sky isn't falling... empires will have access to different camo patterns which will uniquely incorporate shades of their faction colors, we have spotting systems to enhance that, friendlies will always be on your minimap and have an overhead name / icon by default (dependent on distance) so you always know which guys not to shoot, and grief is being reevaluated and redesigned to fit with the gameplay that a F2P shooter.
So what you're saying is if i pay i get less grief?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-11-23, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Can't put my finger on it, but it seems that this TR suit, just seems out of place. As if it didn't have the same art style and nit and grit like the others we've seen now. I remember the first TR rexo picture we got, I thought it was a WIP and not the final .
Old 2011-11-23, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

The spotting system in Enemy Territory was nice. More specifically, it was great to mark minefields that would then need an engineer to defuse.

The spotting system in PS1 was fine as is: if your squad saw something, it would get on your radar as long as anyone in the squad was looking at it.

Maybe "spotting" is meant to give a static "blip" on the map for friendlies.
e.g. spotting a lodestar would mark its location where it is spotted and not track its movement
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-23, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
So what you're saying is if i pay i get less grief?
No way, just talking about ways to make grief relevant deterrent when someone can easily and freely create new accounts to do stuff like TK everyone defending a base to make it easier for their real team to capture, etc. more punishing for younger characters, forgiveness when actively killing enemies, opt-in for the attacked player to actually assign grief, grief reports in sprees cause faster repercussions, that sort of thing.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
SKYeXile
Major General

No way, just talking about ways to make grief relevant deterrent when someone can easily and freely create new accounts to do stuff like TK everyone defending a base to make it easier for their real team to capture, etc. more punishing for younger characters, forgiveness when actively killing enemies, opt-in for the attacked player to actually assign grief, grief reports in sprees cause faster repercussions, that sort of thing.
I like your forward thinking on countering asshats.

one thing that annoyed me in PS1 was somebody could go jump on markov and emerald, go on a tking spree, then go back to werner, shit needs to be game wide.

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-11-23 at 01:51 AM.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

What about you post a thread with your current design ideas and potential issues that could occur, and we have a community wide brainstorming about that stuff.
Worst case: we learn that community wide brainstorming doesn't work. More likely: we get a awesome and working grief system.
Old 2011-11-23, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
comrade
Private

I really hope we'll not see this helmet on TR HA in the game. It looks like "helmet is not in his place". Isnt it from light assault?
Old 2011-11-23, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by comrade View Post
I really hope we'll not see this helmet on TR HA in the game. It looks like "helmet is not in his place". Isnt it from light assault?
lol, at the amount of helmet complaint seen today.

It's already been said like 6 times now your gonna be able to customize your helm.
Old 2011-11-23, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I like your forward thinking on countering asshats.
Yes!

I hope it is called the "Asshat Removal Project" in house

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-23, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

as usual the sky isn't falling... empires will have access to different camo patterns which will uniquely incorporate shades of their faction colors, we have spotting systems to enhance that, friendlies will always be on your minimap and have an overhead name / icon by default (dependent on distance) so you always know which guys not to shoot, and grief is being reevaluated and redesigned to fit with the gameplay that a F2P shooter.
Imo the whole "Hardcore" system from BF works well, i.e. names over friendlies, nothing over enemies, and if you spot it shows the enemy on the map/minimap instead of painting him for all to see directly on the HUD.
Old 2011-11-23, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
XPquant
Sergeant

Looks so badass, excellent work on the camo!
Old 2011-11-23, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yes!

I hope it is called the "Asshat Removal Project" in house

I'm really loving the camo, can we get a higher quality pic soon? I'd also like a comparison shot of all of the TR, NC, VS side-by-side, if possible.

One question: will camo going to be a free customization option or something bought from the SOE store? Seems like one of those cosmetic options that would be seen in a store.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geist; 2011-11-23 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Shogun
Contributor
General

did highby just accidentally confirm, that the whole game will be a free download????

if assheads are able to just create a new account to cause mischief, that has to be the case!?!

if the game was sold boxed and only free to play after purchase, the grief should not be a problem because you can always punish the account associated with the key that was in the box of the game.

but if everybody can create free accounts without having to purchase a game-key these assheads will have to be adressed (along with the hackers of course, who cannot be banned without account-keys)
Old 2011-11-23, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
did highby just accidentally confirm, that the whole game will be a free download????

Indeed he did.

But i expected that anyway. Look at Free Realms and DCUO. Thats the way SOE goes from now on, and quite successfully it seems. Free Realms generates quite some cash, and DCUO just went crazy since its F2P

But yea, grief. I shall do a thread, brb.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion