To be honest, I'm disappointed PS2 is copying CoD/BF's gunplay. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote is F.D.A approved.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-12, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: To be honest, I'm disappointed PS2 is copying CoD/BF's gunplay.

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Don't get worked up over a troll, Higby. The Planetside 2 dev team might be many things, but "lazy" is clearly not one of them. This VanuMaxGuy is most likely Marth Koopa is got a temp ban on here (on the same day VanuMAXGuy created their account) for being a troll douchebag. He's also the same prick that sexually harrassed Luperza on twitter.

Everyone knows how hard you guys are working to make the best game you can. Don't let yourself get trolled.
Yeh, I know he's a troll, same dude on twitter bugging me with the same nonsense. I more wanted you guys to all know where were coming from. The gunplay you have seen isn't final by any means, we have a lot more hard work to go before we're all happy with it - and it's much more of a "meeting the impressively high bar that's been set by other AAA FPS games" than "copying [battlefield/halo/cod/whatever]" when we integrate those features into Planetside. There is a price to admission to be a AAA FPS game, and these types of gunplay feel mechanics are part of that.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Yeh, I know he's a troll, same dude on twitter bugging me with the same nonsense. I more wanted you guys to all know where were coming from. The gunplay you have seen isn't final by any means, we have a lot more hard work to go before we're all happy with it - and it's much more of a "meeting the impressively high bar that's been set by other AAA FPS games" than "copying [battlefield/halo/cod/whatever]" when we integrate those features into Planetside. There is a price to admission to be a AAA FPS game, and these types of gunplay feel mechanics are part of that.

Someone is not getting a beta invite.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Aurmanite
Captain

"Too much like *game*" is basically a position for people who don't want to think about what they're saying. That sentence gives them something to say, a position to hold, without having to do any of the actual work involved in having an informed opinion.

The biggest question that developed after watching the GDC demo, is how will heavy weaponry work with these rifles/SMGs? I couldn't imagine a MCG in Battlefield or CoD the same way I couldn't imagine a Cycler or Gauss in Team Fortress.

EDIT:

Can I buy a ban for this VanuMAXGuy?
What a scumbag.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Stardouser
Colonel

Trust me, if we were "lazy" we wouldn't have all those elements in the game, they're incredibly hard to get right and we're still a long way from having them feel perfect. Making guns feel like a game from 10 years ago isn't hard, but every person who hasn't been in a cave for the last 10 years will feel like something is missing when they play. You guys are also looking at gameplay videos which means you're concentrating a lot more on the animations and screenshakes than you would be when playing and focusing on guys getting into your crosshairs.

What's this!? A dev actually debating the game with the common rabble? That's a victory over Battlefield right there! Just don't be like DICE/EA and take away features, then claim that telemetry proves people don't use the feature, which of course they can't now that it has been taken away!

Anyway, I subscribed this morning to station pass and gave Planetside a try. Now I haven't unlocked any weapons other than the newb stuff and I was playing Vanu(just random), but it seems like there's no...solidity to the gunfire. Meaning it's difficult to perceive your shots hitting the targets. If nothing else, from what I've seen of the PS2 videos, that's going to be fixed.

Note that I only played Vanu so if the other faction weapons have a better feel I wouldn't know yet.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Higgles strikes again.. I lol'd pretty good at that first sentence. Awesome.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
"Too much like *game*" is basically a position for people who don't want to think about what they're saying. That sentence gives them something to say, a position to hold, without having to do any of the actual work involved in having an informed opinion.
Just like "Every modern *genre* has this feature", which I've seen thrown around just as often.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
UnknownDT
Sergeant

A ban of this guy would be pretty good for all of us :P
Old 2012-03-12, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
I was playing Vanu(just random), but it seems like there's no...solidity to the gunfire. Meaning it's difficult to perceive your shots hitting the targets. If nothing else, from what I've seen of the PS2 videos, that's going to be fixed.

Note that I only played Vanu so if the other faction weapons have a better feel I wouldn't know yet.

Stop right now!

Create a TR or NC. We use REAL weapons not that glow ball BS.

NC for hard hitting.

TR for spray and pray.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Enough is enough, really.

Get rid of VanuMaxGuy, and simply ban any new trolls right away.
This community is no place for dicks.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

This thread is like the chicken and the egg. It's an industry standard to have gun sway when you move and has been that way probably since you were sucking on your momma's teet.

The trash threads seem to be growing exponentially as more future players get redirected to this site as the unofficial PlanetSide community site.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

People like VanuMax are what the [ignore me] button is for folks.

Use it. Stop bumping this thread from here on. Don't feed the trolls.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-12, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Oh man, I wish I got into beta like you. Oh wait
Old 2012-03-12, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
People like VanuMax are what the [ignore me] button is for folks.

Use it. Stop bumping this thread from here on. Don't feed the trolls.

This thread is now in the VIP listing....there is no stopping it.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
ThGlump
Captain

Dev told us that you can chose FOV 60-90. But if he wont get his desired 120 he will be very angry and troll

Aaand now we have to look for newly registered to find who he will be next.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Are you basing your request for FOV change based on having played PS1 or having watched PS2 videos? Personally I can't tell whether there's FOV issues just from watching videos.

Also, is there supposed to be some relationship between FOV and gunplay?
PS1 allows third person wallhumping heroes.

Third person is removed for infantry in PS2.

Now they are complaining about FoV to compensate for their "leet skills" being removed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion