TR control point color is green?.... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats a gun again?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-08, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Re: TR control point color is green?....

Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
That's a good point. I'd also point out that playing multiple factions often could get one confused when assaulting/defending a base and end up trying to capture your team's already held objective.

I'm guessing the colorblind thing would matter a lot more if the devs did indeed choose this system because of it.
Either way, I think it would be a smart thing for the devs to add a color blind mode. Its suprising how many people out there are actually clolor blind. Not to mention I actually like color blind mode more than normal modes like in BF3, it makes things alot more easy to notice.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by lMABl View Post
Either way, I think it would be a smart thing for the devs to add a color blind mode. Its suprising how many people out there are actually clolor blind. Not to mention I actually like color blind mode more than normal modes like in BF3, it makes things alot more easy to notice.
Well, the thing to remember is that it's a spectrum (if you'll pardon the pun) of severity.

If you look at the figures, 8% of males have some degree of red/green colorblindness. For many of that figure, it's fairly mild and only affects fairly desaturated tones of the colors. But even if you filter out the most mild sufferers, it's still probably 3-5% of the male population.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Haro View Post
Green IS friendly. TR cap icons are red unless you are TR, then it's green because it's your point. For everyone else, TR points are red.
Ahh, this makes perfect sense!

Also, death to TR

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-08, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
kadrin
Sergeant

Anyone else notice that the killspam was all Red/Green depending on whether or not the players were friendly or enemy?

I want my old PS1 killspam back, I'd rather see empire colors than generic red/green used in every game.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by kadrin View Post
Anyone else notice that the killspam was all Red/Green depending on whether or not the players were friendly or enemy?

I want my old PS1 killspam back, I'd rather see empire colors than generic red/green used in every game.
I'd like this as well, at least as a UI customization option.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

They could incorporate each faction symbol into the "A", "B" and "C" symbols. For example create a TR logo with a big "A" on it, etc. That way you don't even have to rely on color.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
They could incorporate each faction symbol into the "A", "B" and "C" symbols. For example create a TR logo with a big "A" on it, etc. That way you don't even have to rely on color.
That's an alright idea. Though its pretty easy to distinguish the colors to be honest...

Color + logo = win?

Cheers...

Old 2012-06-08, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post
That's an alright idea. Though its pretty easy to distinguish the colors to be honest...

Color + logo = win?
Again, it's easy for you and me. It's not easy for everybody.

That said, color+logo would probably be fine, though the VS logo would look kind of messy with something superimposed over the middle.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
Again, it's easy for you and me. It's not easy for everybody.

That said, color+logo would probably be fine, though the VS logo would look kind of messy with something superimposed over the middle.
Sure sure, everyone is different =)

Maybe put the faction logo above the a/b/c? There seemed to be room....

Cheers,

GG

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-09, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

We've actually done a lot of usability and gameplay testing on this specific topic. Turns out not everybody are pros like you guys (duh). You would think that it would be obvious, let's just have red blue and purple but anybody that played as TR and never played planetside would always get confused with the red. They would try to take over the red cap points not thinking they were actually the ones they owned. As NC it was so easy, you own and defend blue and take over red and purple, but as TR it felt the opposite. As soon as we added the green for the ones you own across all three empires people just got it and it has worked beautifully.

Also correct, TR sees green blue and purple where the other two empires see red green and blue or purple.

Hope this helps.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
We've actually done a lot of usability and gameplay testing on this specific topic. Turns out not everybody are pros like you guys (duh). You would think that it would be obvious, let's just have red blue and purple but anybody that played as TR and never played planetside would always get confused with the red. They would try to take over the red cap points not thinking they were actually the ones they owned. As NC it was so easy, you own and defend blue and take over red and purple, but as TR it felt the opposite. As soon as we added the green for the ones you own across all three empires people just got it and it has worked beautifully.

Also correct, TR sees green blue and purple where the other two empires see red green and blue or purple.

Hope this helps.
Doesn't matter to me either way, but it seems like one of those tings that you really shouldn't devote that much thought too. stuff like this usually falls under the umbrella of the learning curve and common sense.. No real need to simplify something that is innately simple. Additionally, there's the psychological reward of "fuck yo blue couch, this shit is purple now." Maybe that's just me.

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2012-06-09 at 03:41 AM.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post

Hope this helps.
So essentially what u are saying is that, TR are idiots for not recognizing their empire-color.

Sorry, couldn't help it

Last edited by Vashyo; 2012-06-09 at 03:50 AM.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Vashyo View Post
So essentially what u are saying is that, TR are idiots for not recognizing their empire-color.
Just as big as the NC & VS I guess

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-09, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Mod
Master Sergeant

After a few minutes of the live stream footage I assumed that is what the colours meant.

Although being from a PS background, when I first saw the green I assumed that meant they were neutral and ready to be captured by any of the three sides.

Last edited by Mod; 2012-06-09 at 04:05 AM.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xaine
Major

I have to say, the green did confuse me for a while, at first i thought it was neutral or something but then again, i wasn't watching the stream that closely.

Honestly, i don't think its needed so much but yeah. Just me.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion