Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not the place for relationship advice.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
If they don't have any vets to voice criticism of the game, they will have serious group think issues.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the purpose of the first platoon thing. If it's for developer feedback, isn't that what PSU is for? Why wouldn't they want more veteran outfits in there? Most PS outfits have played many other games and MMOs since PlanetSide, giving them a diverse and unique perspective.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the purpose of the first platoon thing. If it's for developer feedback, isn't that what PSU is for? Why wouldn't they want more veteran outfits in there? Most PS outfits have played many other games and MMOs since PlanetSide, giving them a diverse and unique perspective.
The posts might have been deleted by Goku in the general flame-fest that happened a page or 2 into the thread, but PS outfits and players have been invited to the First Platoon programme.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bazilx
First Sergeant

You'd think they would be smart enough to go through individual posts on the forum though and realize all the good ideas that I have and invite me seperately, I fear the game will suffer from my absence.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
You'd think they would be smart enough to go through individual posts on the forum though and realize all the good ideas that I have and invite me seperately, I fear the game will suffer from my absence.
Don't we all

I feel this bears repeating:
Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
Don't we all
Yes but I'm actually smart as well, I did an IQ-test once and got a 86, I am 86% smart which is much smarter than the average person since I imagine they would probably be at like 50, since it's the average in physics.

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-06-13 at 03:03 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Yes but I'm actually smart as well, I did an IQ-test once and got a 86, I am 86% smart which is much smarter than the average person since I imagine they would probably be at like 50, since it's the average in physics.
Yer killin me man

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-06-13, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Well, this was interesting to come back to after a balls to the walls day at work !

Not going to elaborate much.. All i will say is half the stuff that was posted on our forum was wild speculation due to insane amounts of excitement after the first email in the build up to E3. Right now its just a forum where a few individual people with a real passion for the game (no more than all of you, of course) have been privileged enough to be asked for their opinion in a bid to make the game as awesome as possible, as you have pointed out... The pool seems to be across a wide spectrum. PSU is still totally central to everything that Planetside 1 was and Planetside 2 will be, so don't fret.

As for my outfit, we're just a small, tight knit group of friends who have played together since PS1 beta across many games. Started on Konried, we had some of the first Cr5's there including me. We used to run with a squad of Cr5's back before the server merged into Emerald, had sporadic activity in PS since which mostly died 2-3 years ago. As some of you have pointed out, I'm based in London but play US side. I don't know why, i seem to just enjoy US servers more in most my games... We have a few other guys who do the same thing, i normally play EU side until things ramp up in the evening US side, sure i will do the same in PS2 so i get the pleasure of all your company !
Old 2012-06-13, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It will suffer even more from the absence of your humility... Joke for a joke

Seriously though, I think that has already happened, for many. Those guys spend a ton of time here, even considering the time the name is listed, but they are not actually viewing anything.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-06-13, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Marsgrim
Sergeant

I would hazard a guess at it being a form of marketing to increase their customer base and the number of people in game. I have suspected for some time now that they have a lot invested in PS2 in terms of company success.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Xaine
Major

The people in the First Platoon are 'seen' to be better, more objective testers. Thats pretty much why.

There is a perceived higher chance that their feedback will be more valid than some random on here.

Which to be fair, is a fairly justified assumption.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
The people in the First Platoon are 'seen' to be better, more objective testers. Thats pretty much why.

There is a perceived higher chance that their feedback will be more valid than some random on here.

Which to be fair, is a fairly justified assumption.
Basically this, there job right now is to test the finer things, like if RoF to low or High on TR, or if the NC guns are to unforgiving vs a massive group who scream "They killed me thus are OPED!"

The massive beta will be there to test how things go in Real large scale combat.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Basically this, there job right now is to test the finer things, like if RoF to low or High on TR, or if the NC guns are to unforgiving vs a massive group who scream "They killed me thus are OPED!"

The massive beta will be there to test how things go in Real large scale combat.
Don't you need large numbers of people to do any testing for this game though. I don't see how you can test ROF and stuff without the numbers that the game will have.

If they balance weapons on small pops we will see COD ttk like at E3 and the game will probably be unplayable in mass scale.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Don't you need large numbers of people to do any testing for this game though. I don't see how you can test ROF and stuff without the numbers that the game will have.

If they balance weapons on small pops we will see COD ttk like at E3 and the game will probably be unplayable in mass scale.
It's lucky they're not testing yet then.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post

Just to clarify, again, :

Originally Posted by Timey View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...invited_early/

"First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOE teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release."

Old 2012-06-13, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Here's how it went.
Higby: Wow guise, check out diz awesum MLG gaem!
Clegg: Wowie Zowie!
Smed: Ohmygawd guise, let's make Planetseed two more like MLG.
TRay: God that is sutch a grate idea smelders! *fap fap fap*
Higby: I noir all the beast gaming klans!
Smed: WHEL WHAT ARE YEW WAITING FER?
[fin]

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ

Last edited by Whalenator; 2012-06-13 at 03:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion