Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People don't kill people, lasers kill people.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Basically this, there job right now is to test the finer things, like if RoF to low or High on TR, or if the NC guns are to unforgiving vs a massive group who scream "They killed me thus are OPED!"

The massive beta will be there to test how things go in Real large scale combat.
Just to clarify, again, :

Originally Posted by Timey View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...invited_early/

"First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOE teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release."

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Whalenator View Post
Here's how it went.
Higby: Wow guise, check out diz awesum MLG gaem!
Clegg: Wowie Zowie!
Smed: Ohmygawd guise, let's make this like MLG.
TRay: God that is sutch a grate idea smelders! *fap fap fap*
Higby: I noir all the beast gaming klans!
Smed: WHEL WHAT ARE YEW WAITING FER?
[fin]
Higby: Hey! look at this guy posting on PSU Smed!
Smed: Heh this guy sounds like a dbag.
Higby: Wanna mess with him?
Smed: Already got rid of his beta access....
Old 2012-06-13, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Well, this was interesting to come back to after a balls to the walls day at work !

Not going to elaborate much.. All i will say is half the stuff that was posted on our forum was wild speculation due to insane amounts of excitement after the first email in the build up to E3. Right now its just a forum where a few individual people with a real passion for the game (no more than all of you, of course) have been privileged enough to be asked for their opinion in a bid to make the game as awesome as possible, as you have pointed out... The pool seems to be across a wide spectrum. PSU is still totally central to everything that Planetside 1 was and Planetside 2 will be, so don't fret.

As for my outfit, we're just a small, tight knit group of friends who have played together since PS1 beta across many games. Started on Konried, we had some of the first Cr5's there including me. We used to run with a squad of Cr5's back before the server merged into Emerald, had sporadic activity in PS since which mostly died 2-3 years ago. As some of you have pointed out, I'm based in London but play US side. I don't know why, i seem to just enjoy US servers more in most my games... We have a few other guys who do the same thing, i normally play EU side until things ramp up in the evening US side, sure i will do the same in PS2 so i get the pleasure of all your company !
Old 2012-06-13, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
Bags
Lieutenant General

I still don't see the point of letting very few players give input on designing the game for everyone.

Last edited by Bags; 2012-06-13 at 03:51 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
Synapse
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I still don't see the point of letting very few players give input on designing the game for everyone.
I know! We should fire higby and have a creative committee instead!
Old 2012-06-13, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
Figment
Lieutenant General

Bags, they could also ask nobody, like most developers do at first.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I still don't see the point of letting very few people give input on designing the game for everyone.
Have a little more faith in what you have seen over the last year or so, Higby, Cycles, Radar et al feverishly watching PSU and actively participating in the discussions. I'm sure nothing will change in that regard.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Bags, they could also ask nobody, like most developers do at first.
I thought this was what PSU was for though, feedback from people who haven't played the game.

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Have a little more faith in what you have seen over the last year or so, Higby, Cycles, Radar et al feverishly watching PSU and actively participating in the discussions. I'm sure nothing will change in that regard.
Then why have this tightnit feedback group of people who still have yet to play PS2? I don't really see the point.

Note: I'm not upset I'm not in it; I have no interest in being part of a focus group. I just don't want to find out PS2's future has been driven by a small group of "elite".

Last edited by Bags; 2012-06-13 at 03:57 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

Did you read Higby's post?

It's always good to start out small and work your way up. As far as I can tell, the devs haven't let us down yet. They are developers, after all, and do things for a reason.

I'm very happy that we are nearing beta - and congrats to those chosen!
Old 2012-06-13, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
Mirror
First Sergeant

You will still get to put your opinion across when you get the chance. It seems that SOE is trying to get opinions from groups that they have handpicked before starting to invite the others. Think of it as a friends, family and chosen few beta.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-06-13, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
Phellix
Sergeant

Jesus, it's a new thing every day isn't it? I get people are getting anxious but try to keep your worrying to a minimum. This isn't a big deal.

Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
You will still get to put your opinion across when you get the chance. It seems that SOE is trying to get opinions from groups that they have handpicked before starting to invite the others. Think of it as a friends, family and chosen few beta.
I'd still consider alpha

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-13 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
Bags
Lieutenant General

sdsadads

Last edited by Bags; 2012-06-13 at 04:04 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

You date a girl for many years and then you find out from a friend she's engaged to someone else - but don't worry, you'll be invited to the wedding.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #254
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Not bothered by the slightest if they choose to invite a select few to test it a few days or a week before the regular beta-invites goes out. I mean with my luck I'm not even expecting to be picked among the first in even though I'm a PS1 vet.

Last edited by Sabot; 2012-06-13 at 04:01 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #255
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Not bothered by the slightest if they choose to invite a select few to test it a few days or a week before the regular beta-invites goes out. I mean with my luck I'm not even expecting to be picked among the first in even though I'm a vet.
They're not testing, they're essentially a forum based focus group. And focus groups aren't very good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion